Pixie dust please

Sending pixie dust and prayers! Glad she seems to be a bit better and hope things continue to improve.

Amanda

Sending pixie dust to your dd and to the doctors to help them find what's wrong and fix it quickly. Hugs!

Thanks again everyone :grouphug:
The doctors have decided that Annie had a 'perfect storm' of being sick (a cold), getting overheated and dehydrated, and a blood sugar spike that skewed her electrolytes- sending her into acidosis (sp?). Everything is now in normal range.
She will get to go home today - after promising to stay out of the sun and to rest and drink a lot of fluids
I really appreciated the pixie dust :flower3:

:grouphug:Wishing your family the best of luck with this. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Sending positive cosmic vibes, prayers, and pixie dust from the Pug Palace!

Somehow I missed this post. Glad all is well and hopefully nothing like this again.

Somehow I missed this post. Glad all is well and hopefully nothing like this again.
I don't know how I missed this post, too. My husband is a Type I diabetic (has been for 52 years), so I would have wanted to send you special thoughts had I read it at the time it was happening. Since I just saw it now, I just wanted to say I'm glad all is well now and send you best wishes for a completely uneventful remainder of the summer.

I also wanted you to know that it's possible for your daughter to survive and thrive with diabetes. My DH is still quite healthy at 56; we both have auto-immune problems, but his has taken a lesser toll in some ways than mine. Back when he was diagnosed, there were no blood glucose meters - they only had the little sticks that you (pardon my bluntness) urinated on to check your urine for ketones. You sterilized and sharpened your needles (syringes weren't disposable). He's seen so many advancements. Now he has an insulin pump, and though he doesn't have one, there are implantable blood sugar monitors. We remain hopeful that there will be an implantable combination meter/pump that will both test AND administer insulin automatically in his lifetime (we can dream, right?). :cutie:

Wishing you guys all the best! :hug:

Thanks again everyone :grouphug:
The doctors have decided that Annie had a 'perfect storm' of being sick (a cold), getting overheated and dehydrated, and a blood sugar spike that skewed her electrolytes- sending her into acidosis (sp?). Everything is now in normal range.
She will get to go home today - after promising to stay out of the sun and to rest and drink a lot of fluids
I really appreciated the pixie dust :flower3:

So glad she is better. We have had a couple of 'perfect storm' scenarios in our house too. It can be so frustrating to sort out. It always just reminds me what a complex thing the human body is and how easily a body, especially one that is already dealing with a chronic issue, can be thrown off. Here's hoping for a healthy rest of the summer for your daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!