Pixie Dust Needed - AKL Value - "What is the SECRET"!??

E2ME2

ET
I can really use some guidance on how to acquire the illusive Value Studio booking at AKV.
I have tried, unsuccessfully now, for several days. Each day's experience has been a little different, but this morning's was the most frustrating yet.
At 7:45 am the entire week of 9/1/23-9/8/23 was available at AKV-Jambo in a Value Studio, for a whopping 55 Points.
I attempted to continue at 7:55, and I received the expected error message that the booking window didn't open until 8:00.
I refreshed my browser, and the availabilty was till there at 7:56 thru 7:59......
I hovered my finger over the "continue" button, until 8:00 clicked over on my browser clock, and then it gave me the same message AAGGHH!!!!!.
Of course, by the time I refreshed my screen again, the first day in that window was gone, and I could not book.
For those who have booked this category successfully; Is there a secret in your approach ?? Is there a magical delay? Should I wait for 8:00 to appear and then count to 3?
What is the SECRET ????

Those rooms are among the most popular at all of the Disney DVC resorts - great resort, low points for a longer stay. In some ways it's the luck of your timing - down to the milli-seconds! The secret that we've seen used is that people 'walk' the reservation to get the days they want. At this point, you cannot do that. If your first day is gone, you might be in trouble. But I'd try again tomorrow morning, see if you can grab the remaining days, and then keep a close watch on grabbing that first day later. Else you might need to make other arrangements. It is a very difficult room to reserve.

Those rooms are among the most popular at all of the Disney DVC resorts - great resort, low points for a longer stay. In some ways it's the luck of your timing - down to the milli-seconds! The secret that we've seen used is that people 'walk' the reservation to get the days they want. At this point, you cannot do that. If your first day is gone, you might be in trouble. But I'd try again tomorrow morning, see if you can grab the remaining days, and then keep a close watch on grabbing that first day later. Else you might need to make other arrangements. It is a very difficult room to reserve.
Thanks - I knew it was a challenge, and I'm prepared to try exactly what you recommend. I just don't know if I should keep trying to tee it up and ht continue right at 8:00, a millisecond before 8:00, a millisecond after 8:00 ???? I'm hoping that someone who has mastered the technique will share with me from their wisdom. :)

Since there are so few of these rooms and so many members that want them, they go within a second or even less when the window opens. Often, it just boils down to success for those who book with the fastest devices.

Because so many "walk" these reservations, if there is availability for the first day of your desired stay, there may only be one room available. We cannot see how many rooms in a booking category are actually available.

That availability you saw could very well have been a single unit.
Understood - & someone was able to grab that single unit so, why not me ?? :)
I'm not giving up. I have some other strategies to try, that worked for me a couple times when trying to get Moonlight Magic, and even with the SWGS Hotel. So I will remain undeterred until I can claim victory....... :earboy2:

Understood - & someone was able to grab that single unit so, why not me ?? :)
I'm not giving up. I have some other strategies to try, that worked for me a couple times when trying to get Moonlight Magic, and even with the SWGS Hotel. So I will remain undeterred until I can claim victory....... :earboy2:
I saw a value studio available for cash on the disney world website for one night in jan. But not available on points. Strange.

Thanks - I knew it was a challenge, and I'm prepared to try exactly what you recommend. I just don't know if I should keep trying to tee it up and ht continue right at 8:00, a millisecond before 8:00, a millisecond after 8:00 ???? I'm hoping that someone who has mastered the technique will share with me from their wisdom. :)

Back in the days when getting Cinderella's Royal Table was a huge deal (before the princess meals at Akershus started), there were articles about how to get a reservation, and I think they referenced an "atomic clock." The time on your clock might not match up to the clock that Disney is using. There also have been articles about how long it takes your computer to transmit to Disney's computer (I know I'm not using the correct tech terms). How fast is your computer? How fast is your wifi? Do you have broadband or fios? Lots of technical stuff can make a difference.

Back in the days when getting Cinderella's Royal Table was a huge deal (before the princess meals at Akershus started), there were articles about how to get a reservation, and I think they referenced an "atomic clock." The time on your clock might not match up to the clock that Disney is using. There also have been articles about how long it takes your computer to transmit to Disney's computer (I know I'm not using the correct tech terms). How fast is your computer? How fast is your wifi? Do you have broadband or fios? Lots of technical stuff can make a difference.
So, if at 8:00:00 on my clock I received the "too early" message, my next attempt will be to wait until 8:00:01, and see what happens :badpc:

Please (as Hazel from UA would say) Elaborate! :)
How do you achieve that “clean up” ?

Please (as Hazel from UA would say) Elaborate! :)
How do you achieve that “clean up” ?
Log in at 8, refresh pretty regularly for an hour or so, chances are someone will move their walk and drop a day or two. It can work with club level too but it seems like people drop larger stretches of value at once.

Clean up behind the walkers 8-) It has always worked for me, especially with value rooms.
OK - now I'm getting the picture.
Today, I had 3 browsers open simultaneously, and had the "Atomic Clock Visible" - I hit continue on Browser # 1 in concert with the clock hitting 8:00:00 and it gave me the "too early" message. The odd thing is that when I subsequently hit continue on browsers 2 & 3, they also gave me the "too early" message, and by this time it was well past 8:00:02. ????? o_O
Of course, once I refreshed, my dates were gone. :confused3
I went back a few times, and began to see what you mean about cleaning-up. I saw a few small spans of 3 or 4 days together, to the left of my current dates, and I will keep that in mind as I keep tracking this through October (hoping to get a string of at least 4 Nights at the September Points rate). It will be kinda like my last position before retirement - - I used to say that my job was "sweeping-up after the elephants":earboy2:

OK - now I'm getting the picture.
Today, I had 3 browsers open simultaneously, and had the "Atomic Clock Visible" - I hit continue on Browser # 1 in concert with the clock hitting 8:00:00 and it gave me the "too early" message. The odd thing is that when I subsequently hit continue on browsers 2 & 3, they also gave me the "too early" message, and by this time it was well past 8:00:02. ????? o_O
Of course, once I refreshed, my dates were gone. :confused3
I went back a few times, and began to see what you mean about cleaning-up. I saw a few small spans of 3 or 4 days together, to the left of my current dates, and I will keep that in mind as I keep tracking this through October (hoping to get a string of at least 4 Nights at the September Points rate). It will be kinda like my last position before retirement - - I used to say that my job was "sweeping-up after the elephants":earboy2:
Try hitting refresh when the clock hits 8 (not continue). Then hit continue. Computer thinks you are trying for the time your browser held when you did the search ahead of time.

Try hitting refresh when the clock hits 8 (not continue). Then hit continue. Computer thinks you are trying for the time your browser held when you did the search ahead of time.
Aahh! :scratchin
I hadn't thought of that - - however, it takes several seconds to do that, and get back to the same level of detail, so yet another complicating factor is being introduced! :goodvibes

Aahh! :scratchin
I hadn't thought of that - - however, it takes several seconds to do that, and get back to the same level of detail, so yet another complicating factor is being introduced! :goodvibes
Everyone else has to do the same, so the fastest computer wins. Good
luck!

At this point, try to grab whatever consecutive days you can get. Randomly stalk the week and book days as they appear. I use this strategy often and have good luck most of the time. Of course the earlier you start this process the more likely you will get something. Waitlist your first day and another day separately. Keep stalking!

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter