Pirate rooms at CBR

opal6779

Earning My Ears
Has anyone stayed in these rooms? Wondering how the beds are and if we will be able to get adjoining rooms? Is there a small pool in this area of the resort? Is the closest drink refill station all the way back at the food court? Thx in advance....

According to the podcast review, the beds are just a mattress on a board, not a mattress on box springs.

Can't answer the other questions for you, but I'm sure some other posters will have those answers for you.

We had a pirate room at CBR last year and it wasn't bad at all. I was dreading the beds because I had read on here how awful they were, how small, how hard, etc. I don't know if we were so tired from running around the parks all day that we just didn't notice or that we just didn't care and were just happy to be in Disney but we weren't bothered by the beds. The drink refill station is at Old Port Royale or Center Town, it's a 5 minute walk from the pirate rooms. We walked the path many times because the kids loved the main pool. Again, we weren't bothered by the walk or distance. There's an internal bus if you don't want to walk or you can drive your car if you have one.

We had a pirate room at CBR last year and it wasn't bad at all. I was dreading the beds because I had read on here how awful they were, how small, how hard, etc. I don't know if we were so tired from running around the parks all day that we just didn't notice or that we just didn't care and were just happy to be in Disney but we weren't bothered by the beds. The drink refill station is at Old Port Royale or Center Town, it's a 5 minute walk from the pirate rooms. We walked the path many times because the kids loved the main pool. Again, we weren't bothered by the walk or distance. There's an internal bus if you don't want to walk or you can drive your car if you have one.

The rooms are cute but I think they are in the furthest building, which makes for a long walk. I recall reading that that building was always hard to fill because of location, so they turned them into pirate rooms to increase the appeal.

That doesn't sound comfortable? Thank you for the info!

Some people love them. Others don't. Everyone has different spines. The mattress is not very thick, and there's no room for a boxspring because of the pirate ship frame. I remember DH loving it. I wasn't the biggest fan. DS just loved the room and the mattress didn't matter.

They are VERY narrow beds, though!

Our Pirate room was looking out at POP Century buildings, Bldg 39. We were at the farthest point possible from the main hub. We were only staying one night but I've been in this building before and it's was long walk to the main hub. I do not know if all Pirate rooms are located together. Again one night after a long drive plus a run to airport, I could have slept on a rock so not sure about comfort. Quiet pool was a couple buildings away so not too far.

DisneySept12Arrivalplus036.jpg

These are the only rooms at all that they could offer us with my free dining pin in the moderate category and the more I read about them the less I want to stay here. We have a two room reservation too. It's not a deal breaker I guess that we must get different rooms, I'd rather be in Disney than not, but I really really hope we can get into different rooms before our trip :-(

It's not my favorite but if you get Free Dining .... that is a huge plus! What I would do is the closer you get to your 45 day mark, start calling often and check. Folks that have to cancel their reservation in your time frame will have to do so by then to get their money back.

Has anyone stayed in these rooms? Wondering how the beds are and if we will be able to get adjoining rooms? Is there a small pool in this area of the resort? Is the closest drink refill station all the way back at the food court? Thx in advance....

My family of four (my kids were 7 and 4 at the time) stayed in a pirate room at CBR in August 2011. All of the rooms (or at least at that time) were in the North Trinidad buildings. It was the last stop to pick up and drop off for bus transportation, which was sort of nice in a way. I found the rooms to be nice and did not have a problem with the mattresses at all. It isn't too far from the main areas and pool, but we don't mind walking and actually prefer a little more privacy anyway. There was a smaller pool area in that area too.

We stayed in a pirate room last may and loved it.

Beds were fine not any better or worst than regular hotel beds.

Refill station at main house. I sent my DH in the morning for coffee and my diet coke.

Most importantly my DS6 loved everything about the room. Tons of great pictures.

For a boy who lives pirates it was well worth it.

Enjoy!

We didn't have an issue with the beds, but they are doubles--just know that ahead of time, so you're not surprised (only mod w/double beds).

The pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, which we honestly found really far from everything. However, there is a bus stop nearby, and a quiet pool, so you don't *have* to hoof it all the way to Old Port Royale to swim.

We thought the transportation took a long time since there were so many stops at the resort, but the pirate rooms themselves were really nice and my two boys really liked them.

We've stayed in the pirate rooms at CBR a few times now. I actually found the beds more comfortable than the regular rooms. They are doubles so they are smaller than the full size we have at home, but I found that without the box spring, the mattresses offered more support. I have a bad back and like a firm mattress anyway. I thought the pirate beds didn't have that "dip" in the middle the way the beds with the box springs do.

We also never found the walk to be too long to anything. In less than a 10 minute stroll, 5 minutes at a more brisk pace like we'd normally walk, we were at Old Port Royale. And that was in August with the hot temps and high humidity. Heading back there again this summer :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter