Pirate Night on Fantasy 7 day Eastern

PocahontasRN

Earning My Ears
Hello!
My booking window opens up this weekend, just trying to plan some adult meals...however we have 3 kids and they will not want to miss pirate night! Is there a set night on a 7 day we can expect it?

On our 7-night Dec '21 Christmas cruise, it was on the 4th night - other than the special menu, there were not any pirate-related activities on the ship. There were just a few passengers that I noticed were dressed in pirate garb.

Pre-COVID it was always night 5 (Jamaica), though I hear that the 7 nights have cut back on Pirate Nights since resuming of service. We've only done a 3 night since the restart & there's been no Pirate Night

Pre-Covid, did the 7-night cruises with Star Wars Day also have a Pirate night?

We have sailed 4 times since reopening and there was some kind of pirate night on each cruise but it was hard to get info on which night it would be prior to the cruise. In September they had the pirate menu and a little pirate show in the dining room. They were 4-night cruises and I think Pirate night was the 3rd night. Christmas/New Year I was not in the dining room for the "pirate night" but I don't think they did the little show. It was Jamaica and Tortola nights for those 2 cruises. They did have pirate backdrops for photos and people dressed up. No deck party/buffet due to covid. They had the Pirate's Life for Me activity in D-Lounge before dinner that your kids might enjoy. I think you will have a night to dress up it might just be slightly different from cruise to cruise. This is my daughter on the 12/26 Fantasy Eastern Cara Pirate - 2021.jpg

pirate: We were on the Fantasy last month on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean - pirate night was on night 4 too. Themed dinner, short pirate show during the meal, a fun pirate show in D-Lounge, characters dressed in their best pirate garb and the usual themed goodies in our rooms.

pirate: We were on the Fantasy last month on a 7-night Eastern Caribbean - pirate night was on night 4 too. Themed dinner, short pirate show during the meal, a fun pirate show in D-Lounge, characters dressed in their best pirate garb and the usual themed goodies in our rooms.

Did you get bandanas??

Thank you! How was your cruise???
Umm, to be honest…went to bed early and stayed in the cabin we were bored. I blame the pandemic in several ways. My least favorite of 10 cruises. Really had higher hopes for adult entertainment. Cruise was probably ideal for a 11 year old boy. Our only time on the fantasy, now probably our last.
thankfully we have a 20% discount on a future cruise so I don’t feel as upset about the money that I spent.
We’ve always really enjoyed the adult entertainment on the wonder and the fantasy had absolutely none of that.

We’ve always really enjoyed the adult entertainment on the wonder and the fantasy had absolutely none of that.

I hear you! But I don’t think it’s necessarily just the Fantasy. I sailed on the Wonder October 2021 and there were almost no adult activities other than Match Your Mate and tastings. No towel folding classes, cooking demos, ship tour, 18+ variety acts—all things I was looking forward to as a solo cruiser. Definitely my number one complaint about the cruise, and one of the main things making me reconsider my April cruise.

I’m disappointed for sure and wanted those adult activities soooo bad. I convinced my family of 5 adults they would get better clean entertainment. But it just wasn’t there. I’m probably not going to get them all back on Disney now.
I hear you! But I don’t think it’s necessarily just the Fantasy. I sailed on the Wonder October 2021 and there were almost no adult activities other than Match Your Mate and tastings. No towel folding classes, cooking demos, ship tour, 18+ variety acts—all things I was looking forward to as a solo cruiser. Definitely my number one complaint about the cruise, and one of the main things making me reconsider my April cruise.

Is it up to you? Seems to me, if they want to give DCL another try (after things are more "normal") it's up to them.
Kinda is up to me. I pay for all of them, and I don’t force people to do things they are not interested in, such as give Disney another try, if they are opposed. I’m interested in family time where everyone can attend events with common interest.
I feel like you make comments to me that are especially negative or antagonistic.

Kinda is up to me. I pay for all of them, and I don’t force people to do things they are not interested in, such as give Disney another try, if they are opposed. I’m interested in family time where everyone can attend events with common interest.
I feel like you make comments to me that are especially negative or antagonistic.
I'm sorry you feel that way, that certainly was not my intent. I was just curious if you would actually discourage them from giving DCL another try or would just not suggest it yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter