Pinkcow's DCL Wedding 12/8/09..... 1 Year Later!

You both look so happy, what a wonderful day!:lovestruc:lovestruc

Your photos are some of the best I have seen on the DCL. Who was your photographer?:goodvibes
Thanks so much for sharing. Your day is making me super excited about mine!!!!!!:banana::banana:

Again, everything looks so beautiful. Your pictures are great. And I must say, I love the pace of this TR :lmao: It sure beats the ones that takes months!

Thank you! I'm going to try to keep going as much as I can. I agree, I like my TR's fast and quick! :rotfl:

You both look so happy, what a wonderful day!:lovestruc:lovestruc

Your photos are some of the best I have seen on the DCL. Who was your photographer?:goodvibes
Thanks so much for sharing. Your day is making me super excited about mine!!!!!!:banana::banana:

Thank you!!! It was really the best trip ever! (Though I may be biased!) We actually used DCL photography, our photographers name is Goran. This was his fist sailing after being on break. He said he was on the Magic previously. If he's there I would def ask for him!

You are going to have the time of your life!!! :goodvibes

Beautiful! Love the cymbidium orchids...but I'm partial :)

Thank you! You looked gorgeous on (both!) of your days!! :goodvibes It's the tropical bouquet, in which I asked for pink flowers in place of the regular orange. I also just simply asked for a hair flower that matched the bouquet. It was perfect for what we needed!

I was really surprised when we were nominated for best floral in Best of Disney Weddings 2009! Check it out if you haven't already, it's a great blog! http://budgetdisneywedding.blogspot.com/2010/01/vote-for-best-of-disney-weddings-2009.html

Thank you to whomever nominated us!

The scavenger hunt!

So this was a great turning point for our guests. It brought everyone together for a common goal, and all had a great time in the process!

At the end of the Palo reception we handed out these sheets in envelopes a la Amazing Race.

photohunt.jpg

We broke everyone up into teams of 2 or 3. We also extended the time to complete until we had to be back on the ship, 5pm. We asked that everyone meet us in the Promenade Lounge. As it turned out there was a seminar going on in the Promenade Lounge, but there was no one in Studio Sea, so we switched there. Before the cruise I had asked my sister to bring her laptop and universal card reader. My mom brought an external hard drive. So, we got setup in Studio Sea and arranged the chairs so everyone could see the laptop. Each team took a turn handing over the camera card and explaining the photos they took. This was actually the best part! DH and I had a scorecard. I had asked my sister to hmm.. how do I say this properly… STEAL! all of the wedding photos from the cards as she received them! All of the photos eventually went on the external hard drive. My sister’s thievery skills weren’t all that polished, so I don’t have all of the photos, but definitely a good portion!

Most of the teams actually worked together, made cameos in other team’s photos, or merged multiple groups together!

Here’s the crème de la crème!

Muscle Beach Poses-

DSCF5257.jpg

DSCF5213.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Scene from a Disney Movie-

PC080162.jpg

(Ursula stealing Ariel’s Voice)

As many Disney characters and your team in one shot-

DSCF5214.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

An unusual perspective of your teammates-

PC080158.jpg

DSCF5222.jpg

(They kicked a bunch of little kids to the curb to take their tubes and get this shot!)

Imitate the Beatles crossing a crosswalk-

DSCN0585.jpg

Someone really enjoying a piece of cake-

IMG_0187.jpg

Telling Santa all you want for Christmas-

IMG_01992.jpg

PC080171.jpg

Licking something you shouldn’t….

DSCN0568.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

DSCF5185.jpg

PC080157.jpg

(That is a real dirty diaper!)

And the resulting effect-
PC080165.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

Posing with a stranger you’ve convinced to try on a “high fashion” outfit-

DSCF5198.jpg

Sand Angels-

DSCF5215.jpg

IMG_01942.jpg

Honey I Shrunk the Bride and Groom-

IMG_01902.jpg

Or made them giants!
IMG_9815.jpg

The most creative use of holiday decorations-

DSCF5255.jpg

A hidden Minnie-

PC080175.jpg

The bridal bouquet in an unusual location or perspective-

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

That is my dad and uncle! They broke into our cabin to get that shot! :rotfl2:

My sis was awesome enough to create a video montage with many more pics-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44DJXrmIbwE

In the words of my stepmother, “I thought this was going to be stupid, but I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time!”

We tallied the scores and made the announcement at dinner, my dad, uncle, stepmom, grandmother, and family friend won! We gave them a beach bag filled with lots of little goodies that they shared.

In fact, Rich and I were having reservations about doing the photo hunt right up until the day of. We’re so glad we made the decision! It was so much fun!

I love, love, love your photo scavenger hunt! What great ideas and the resulting shots are awesome! What a fun group you have.:goodvibes

OMG your photo scavenger hunt looks SO MUCH FUN!! What a great idea!

I love the photo scavenger hunt! Such a cute idea, your guests looked like they had a lot of fun.

Your photo scavenger hunt looks awesome! Not only does it look like everyone had a great time, but you got some great photos out of it!

Wow! You've been busy. I love your TR! DH and I have been cracking up going through the entire thing. Your wedding looks like it was a blast, security checks, photo scavenger hunt, and all. I think that we are going to have to do some variation of the photo scavenger hunt at our home reception.

Y'all got some amazing pics in the Bahamas too! You've got a good eye. And I love, love, love the pic of you guys looking at the ship. There's something about a big poofy dress and train in the sand that I love.

I am so glad that you had a fabulous time. We had a blast too!

Can't wait for more.:surfweb:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Your scavenger hunt is hilarious, what a great idea!:lmao::lmao:

Just voted for your floral on that website. Hope you win.:goodvibes

I love, love, love your photo scavenger hunt! What great ideas and the resulting shots are awesome! What a fun group you have.:goodvibes

OMG your photo scavenger hunt looks SO MUCH FUN!! What a great idea!

I love the photo scavenger hunt! Such a cute idea, your guests looked like they had a lot of fun.

Your photo scavenger hunt looks awesome! Not only does it look like everyone had a great time, but you got some great photos out of it!

What a fabulous idea! Wish I thought of it!

THANK YOU!!! We really waited until the last second to determine if we were going to do it or not. We're so glad we did! It was one of the highlights of the trip. One of the best things to come out of it was that afterwards our familes felt like old friends! There was a significant change at dinner that night, there was no longer a separation of his/hers! Some of the photos are really priceless too!

Wow! You've been busy. I love your TR! DH and I have been cracking up going through the entire thing. Your wedding looks like it was a blast, security checks, photo scavenger hunt, and all. I think that we are going to have to do some variation of the photo scavenger hunt at our home reception.

Y'all got some amazing pics in the Bahamas too! You've got a good eye. And I love, love, love the pic of you guys looking at the ship. There's something about a big poofy dress and train in the sand that I love.

I am so glad that you had a fabulous time. We had a blast too!

Can't wait for more.:surfweb:

Thanks! It was the best time ever! I'm glad you had a great time too! I can't take credit for the photos in Nassau, the ones on the dock are my Mom's, at Atlantis, my sis, and the "Vote Obama" my Dad.

Both DH and I do have a background in photography, one of the reasons we were so specific with what we wanted. We were lucky too that Goran had a great eye!

I can't wait to read more about you TR! :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Your scavenger hunt is hilarious, what a great idea!:lmao::lmao:

Just voted for your floral on that website. Hope you win.:goodvibes

Thank you! ;)

After our hilarious show and tell, DH and I went back to our cabin to get changed for Pirate Night! I somehow forgot to cover our bases in terms of pirate garb.. But as luck had it we still had a ton of leftover fish extender gifts. So many so, we started putting them in any fish extender we came across, whether they were on our list or not.

uploader.jpg

fvt2824_xl1.jpg

We had a little time before dinner, so we stumbled across "A Pirate's Life for Me". DH was picked to be captain! Here a captain and mate help each of two teams compete to crew the Flying Dutchman.

Earlier, I tossed my bouquet to my littlest sis, who had it in Studio Sea, where "A Pirate's Life for Me" was held. No one had a clue she didn't have it any longer. Some awesome DIS'ers spotted it, as I happened to be talking with them! Holy cow! Thank you if you are out there! :thumbsup2

I hate to say this, but I decided at that point the bouquet was all mine! It's now drying in my closet.

DH pirated his way to a win for our team! Whoo Hoo! :yay:

By this time we were set for dinner in Parrot Cay. Our guests were all decked out!

IMG_9853.jpg

IMG_9863-1.jpg

IMG_9843-1.jpg

My Dad made a small speech, and offered everyone a round of champagne and drink of their choice! WOW! :cool1:

speech.jpg

IMG_9850-1.jpg

A couple of the best shots of the night-

Pirate Maidens-
pirate.jpg

and Pirate Bride and Groom-
brideandgroompirate.jpg

After dinner we headed up to Deck 10, and capped off a perfect day!

DSCN0605.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

Hey! The wedding looked amazing! I am just getting back to DIS'ing, but I am caught up and ready for more! The photo scavenger hunt was GREAT!!! :thumbsup2

Hey! The wedding looked amazing! I am just getting back to DIS'ing, but I am caught up and ready for more! The photo scavenger hunt was GREAT!!! :thumbsup2

:yay: Yay you're back!! Can't wait to read about the adventures of Madi! :)

Hmm.. You may have to call Bill Belichick for what's coming up next!!

I'm working on a new post, however I've been a bit under the weather, and we're full throttle towards a major tradeshow I have this week. In the mean time, I gave my honey a "Monthaversary" gift I thought I'd share..

In lieu of not being able to cheer on our beloved Patriots any longer this season, we donned our best purple outfits and headed out to the Vikings vs. Cowboys! I'm still suffering the effects of temporary hearing loss but here goes!

On our way into the stadium this guy was in front of us-

sirve.jpg

Hi name is Sir Ve, Vikings Superfan, and he was kind enough to say hello and give us his card.

partyontheplaza.jpg
[/IMG]

plaza.jpg

We got to our seats just as the Nation Anthem was starting. Yes, they would qualify as nosebleed, but hey, we were at the game!

inside.jpg

Score!

score.jpg

getready.jpg

Last drive of the game.. Touchdown!

score2.jpg

Vikings Win! Vikings Win!

victory.jpg

Happy Monthaversary honey!

I'm working on a new post, however I've been a bit under the weather, and we're full throttle towards a major tradeshow I have this week. In the mean time, I gave my honey a "Monthaversary" gift I thought I'd share..

In lieu of not being able to cheer on our beloved Patriots any longer this season, we donned our best purple outfits and headed out to the Vikings vs. Cowboys! I'm still suffering the effects of temporary hearing loss but here goes!

On our way into the stadium this guy was in front of us-

sirve.jpg

Hi name is Sir Ve, Vikings Superfan, and he was kind enough to say hello and give us his card.

partyontheplaza.jpg
[/IMG]

plaza.jpg

We got to our seats just as the Nation Anthem was starting. Yes, they would qualify as nosebleed, but hey, we were at the game!

inside.jpg

Score!

score.jpg

getready.jpg

Last drive of the game.. Touchdown!

score2.jpg

Vikings Win! Vikings Win!

victory.jpg

Happy Monthaversary honey!

Sorry but it must be said...Geaux Saints!!!!!! but I do love your trip report..lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter