pin trading

It isn't like at WDW, but it does happen and it can be a great experience.

1st, the shops on board have Pin Trading books up at the register. You have to ask for them, but the CM will gladly pull out the book if you ask. Normal Disney Pin-trading rules apply to the book, you can take any pin you want as long as you give a pin that the book doesn't yet have.

Second, on many (all?) of the cruises (we were on the Fantasy) there is a Pin Trading with the Officers one night (towards the end of the cruise). The officers, (a couple dozen of them) all decked out in their uniforms, each with a lanyard on, make two lines on either side of the main hall. The guests line up and walk down either line, trading and talking with the officers as they go. The line moves well, and you can stay as long or as little as you like. I encouraged my kids to talk to the officers a little, find out about them. They had a blast. They went down each line several times (after a while the lines get short so they weren't in anyone's way). At the end, every pin they had was a keeper (In their opinion) and they had talked with many of the crew at length. Wonderful memories. And I got a few pictures, though no pins.

Have fun!

My kids went to the officer pin trading on the last night on our Wonder Alaskan cruise--it was held outside the shops by the Walt Disney Theater. They had a good time at it and loved the pins they got...DH and I didn't get to see it at all--we sent the kids to it while we finished packing up the bags to put outside the room that night.

I wish this was actually enforced. Unfortunately the book usually ends up with just a ton of cheap ripoff duplicates.

In the shops, the CMs allow people to just trade themselves. They don’t even look or care what you are trading.

Sometimes there are good ones from other guests, so we still check the books whenever we are in the shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter