Pin trading Sedema?

crazymomof 4

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if Sedema pins are accepted with cast members at Disneyland? My daughter really got into the whole pin trading experience on our last trip. We were unprepared and it was a very expensive hobby! Anyway I am considering buying a-lot of them on e-bay. Does anyone have any experience with these Sedema pins from Spain? Thanks!

I haven't tried to use them for trading. I've heard they won't be accepted so I never tried. I do know that every time I've traded, the cast members checked the back of the pin for the Disney copyright symbol. I don't think Sedesma pins have that. You can buy lots of Disney copyright pins on eBay for $3/pin or less and not have to worry whether they'd be accepted. That's what I've done.

Are the sedema pins the ones from Europe with the black back?
If they are I bought a bunch (75) on Ebay last year for the kids to trade at WDW. They did have disney stamped on the back, so we did not have a problem trading them. But I am not sure they are the same as what you are questioning. They were very different than the ones at the parks, black backs and cheap plastic feeling. I was hoping on doing that again before our trip to DL next month as it did keep the cost down. We paid about a dollar a pin.

They are the cheap palstic ones with the characters on them. Some of them have Spanish words on them. I am not sure about the backs though. The e-bayer advertises them as tradable in the parks and I haven't seen any responses pointing differently. I just worry because they are from coming from out of the country. They are cheap though I think it was like 75.00 for 50 pins. They advertised as Sedesma or Sedema. I wish someone knew for sure! Thanks!

I talked to a more experrienced pin trader about this before my last trip - I had gotten a couple of Sedesma pins in a lot I bought that was mainly 'normal' Disney pins. We wound up trading a couple and keeping a couple. At the time we went, Disney had decided that they were tradable, but apparently this was a change and there's no way to know if they'll change their minds again. I can say that noone seemed at all happy to see them and I doubt anyone except the CMs who have to trade will take them.

I dunno, I felt kind of bad about what seemed to be an obviously lopsided trade and would much rather get the regular Disney pins for $3-4 on Ebay and trade those. If I had osme I really wanted to get rid of, I guess I'd try to find a CM who wasn't an actual collector themselves - someone told me that there are CMs who simply pick up their lanyard at the beginning of their shift and turn it in with the new pins at the end of their shift, but I have no idea how true that is or how many CMs do it that way........

We've traded for several years now. When we started, DL had a little class for kids to teach them about trading, how to ask for a trade, what to look for etc. We were told then that only the cloisinne pins (the metal with enamel paint) were acceptable for trade. In the beginning, most of the CMs that had lanyards on knew a lot about the pins. They would not accept Sedesma pins.

These days, it's almost a requirement to grab a lanyard at the start of your shift, so as another poster said, many of the CMs don't know much about the rules. They just look for a Disney stamp (sometimes) and just trade whatever you want.

You will be able to trade the Sedesma pins. But you may run into a few CMs who won't accept them. Personally, I don't buy or trade the Sedesma pins. My son even knows how to spot them and won't trade them either. It just doesn't feel right to me. I get plenty of pins off ebay for about the same price as I would pay for the Sedesma, and I'd rather trade the true Disney pins.

Keep an eye on DisneyShopping.com. I stocked up before XMAS on some sets that worked out to be $1.50 per pin. They do run sales periodically.

"They are the cheap palstic(sic) ones with the characters on them"

This drives me crazy. Sedesma pins are made of metal. I am not defending them, I think they're crap just like everyone else but they are metal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter