Pin display tray style options

OrangeBirdGirl

DIS Veteran
We have about 500 Disney pins. They are currently in binders and we hate that way of storage. Backs fall off, binders bulge and just putzy when new pins are added and moving the old ones around.
We don’t have the wall space in our Disney room to hang on the wall.

What we are thinking of doing is displaying them in stackable trays. Trays with a foam style insert so no backs to put on the pins. And while we couldn’t see all at once as we’d have to lift off a tray to see tray below, that’s fine as we can’t see all at once as in binders.

My issue is I can’t find anything like this. Well one option I found but that was $50 for almost a drawer (acrylic drawer) then you stack. But that was $50 a drawer and would hold about 40 pins. So $650 for the setup.

Any ideas?

Ok so i am thinking you want something light weight something sturdy and something cost effective. So if you are willing to put in some work here is my thoughts. Get an ikea frame somewhat large and deep like a hovsta frame 16 1/2 x 20 is $16. On the backing board you want to adhere some cork board. Finding a roll of slightly thicker would be better. Then buy some black felt or other colors if you wish. Adhere the felt on the cork. You will have a nice frame even if you dont want to hang on wall it should allow for nice stacking. You can leave plastic on front for protection or remove. All said and done perhaps still looking at 25 - 30 a frame to make.

We have about 500 Disney pins. They are currently in binders and we hate that way of storage. Backs fall off, binders bulge and just putzy when new pins are added and moving the old ones around.

What we are thinking of doing is displaying them in stackable trays. Trays with a foam style insert so no backs to put on the pins. And while we couldn’t see all at once as we’d have to lift off a tray to see tray below, that’s fine as we can’t see all at once as in binders.

My issue is I can’t find anything like this. Well one option I found but that was $50 for almost a drawer (acrylic drawer) then you stack. But that was $50 a drawer and would hold about 40 pins. So $650 for the setup.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
I get all my collections storage items from University Products.

I use their specimen trays for small items, including pins.

Hope this helps,

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter