Piecing together a reservation?

HikingFam

Mouseketeer
Hello! Is there a how-to guide somewhere for piecing together a reservation for an RV site? I'm looking for a 5 night stay in February, and I can see availability in all site categories for each individual night. However, it won't let me book as a multi-night stay. Would I make 5 separate reservations and then call to have them combined? I am sure this is already addressed somewhere on the forum, but I haven't found it yet. Thanks!

yes, you can do multiple reservations and then call in to reservations and ask for a GUEST SERVICES cm to help you...a GS rep can merge the multiple reservations into one for you. I've had to do this before, not hard once you get to the correct group.
have fun!

If your seeing the same type of site individualy for your entire stay, call the reservation number and they can book for your stay in one reservation. I had to do that for my trip next week.

The CM put me on hold for about 15 minutes while they talked to guest services to get my multi-night reservation.

Yes book what you can. Take the biggest chunks the system will allow (maybe 2-days, maybe 3, etc. or just all the 1-days to cover your dates). Then the GUEST SERVICES CM can merge them. Your normal reservation CM can not and some have not heard of GS. So call back until you get one who will either transfer you to GS or work with them to merge into a single reservation as the advice above states.

Silly we have to do this, huh? :crazy:

Bama Ed

I had a reservation in October and needed one more night so I had to do two reservations. The funny thing is when I try to add on the extra day there is no availability but if I try to book one night there is plenty! Go figure.

I had a reservation in October and needed one more night so I had to do two reservations. The funny thing is when I try to add on the extra day there is no availability but if I try to book one night there is plenty! Go figure.

I just did the same thing with a reservation for next year. Go figure.

Yes we've done that and had the same thing happen like above have mentioned where if we added to the existing res they said no availability but when we did on it's own there was availability. Then when we got to the Fort they luckily were able to put us in the same site for the entire time.

Is it necessary to call to merge your reservations? What happens if you just check in as usual on the first day of your group of reservations? Do you need to then "check-in" on the check-in day of each individual reservation, but can just stay in the same site? Or once you check-in to the first, you are fine for the entire duration?

Or is this a painless enough process that its worth calling and merging beforehand?

Is it necessary to call to merge your reservations? What happens if you just check in as usual on the first day of your group of reservations? Do you need to then "check-in" on the check-in day of each individual reservation, but can just stay in the same site? Or once you check-in to the first, you are fine for the entire duration?

Or is this a painless enough process that its worth calling and merging beforehand?

:teacher: This is a good question. Why bother to merge multiple reservations at all? :confused3

To answer your question, Steve:

If you didn't alert the CM checking you in on day 1 as to your multiple reservations, then yes, you would be assigned a likely different site number for your subsequent reservations. The chances of you getting the same site are small (statisticly speaking). And if you alert the CM on day 1, you're relying on the CM to do their job right so you don't have to come up to the office each time a new reservation starts or use the online method each time.

You also have multiple reservations and multiple magic bands to deny on your reservations (since you only need one). We bring the ones we paid for (nice designs) that work well for us.

Making ADRs at the 180+10 window has a bearing based on your arrival date. If you're willing to wait till sooner to make ADRs all the way up to the day before you dine, you can take whatever is available. I like to throw some reservations out there just in case. Our park touring pattern is pretty predictable and I have nearly always kept what I booked way out. This is good especially with hard-to-get dining choices. But the choice is up to us to make.

For an investment of 10-15 minutes at a time well in advance of my choosing, I can get things boiled down to one reservation number. The simpler the better, I say. They move any deposits (the money is the real issue/work in doing this) and build out the full range of dates.

So yes, doing nothing and living with multiple reservations CAN be okay but there is margin for error and issues. That's an option - but I'd rather eliminate the margin for error to keep things simple.

I do it for peace of mind, basically.

The choice is, like I said, up to each one of us to make.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
:teacher: This is a good question. Why bother to merge multiple reservations at all? :confused3

To answer your question, Steve:

If you didn't alert the CM checking you in on day 1 as to your multiple reservations, then yes, you would be assigned a likely different site number for your subsequent reservations. The chances of you getting the same site are small (statisticly speaking). And if you alert the CM on day 1, you're relying on the CM to do their job right so you don't have to come up to the office each time a new reservation starts or use the online method each time.

You also have multiple reservations and multiple magic bands to deny on your reservations (since you only need one). We bring the ones we paid for (nice designs) that work well for us.

Making ADRs at the 180+10 window has a bearing based on your arrival date. If you're willing to wait till sooner to make ADRs all the way up to the day before you dine, you can take whatever is available. I like to throw some reservations out there just in case. Our park touring pattern is pretty predictable and I have nearly always kept what I booked way out. This is good especially with hard-to-get dining choices. But the choice is up to us to make.

For an investment of 10-15 minutes at a time well in advance of my choosing, I can get things boiled down to one reservation number. The simpler the better, I say. They move any deposits (the money is the real issue/work in doing this) and build out the full range of dates.

So yes, doing nothing and living with multiple reservations CAN be okay but there is margin for error and issues. That's an option - but I'd rather eliminate the margin for error to keep things simple.

I do it for peace of mind, basically.

The choice is, like I said, up to each one of us to make.

Bama Ed

Thanks for the schooling. I called this morning and got everything merged together. I’ve never pieced together a reservation before, so the merge process was unfamiliar to me until now.

I spent about 15 minutes on the phone this morning - didn't get anywhere. When I asked for Guest Services CM, I was told to call the Campground?? Do I need to call back and talk to someone else...or call the campground.

I spent about 15 minutes on the phone this morning - didn't get anywhere. When I asked for Guest Services CM, I was told to call the Campground?? Do I need to call back and talk to someone else...or call the campground.

You got a CM who didn't know how to do what you asked for.

Call back and ask again. Others have been turned away and called back and were successful.

"Call the campground" is a dead giveaway the CM was clueless.

Bama Ed

Thanks so much, I called and spoke to another person that immediately said, "Oh, I can help you". Crazy but we are all set! 11/16 - 11/30/2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter