Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

The Epcot character bus

May27-08.jpg

Spirit
of America
Fife & Drum Corps

May27-41.jpg

Bus+Transportation+Routes+-+1983+Routes+(1983).jpg
I remember these from my trip back in 1991. You had to carry around this little card to figure out what bus you needed to get on. There weren't any words on the front of the bus like "Magic Kingdom" to tell you. There was just a symbol! Thank goodness these didn't last long!

The water tank.

Water+Tank.jpg

I was a volunteer for this during my CP. A roommate of mine and I decided to try to be volunteers for every show that asked for volunteers at WDW. We did them all except Indiana Jones. We never got picked for that.

I love this thread. It's my absolute favorite. Although I am sad to see some of these things gone I am glad things continue to change. Change is good even if you miss some of these items. It's been fun going down memory lane with these pictures. Thank you!

This sort of captures it a little. Note that there is not safety bar that separates the two riders. You really did sit in the vehicle as if you were in a bobsled, which I think was Walt's idea. While the ride didn't open until years after his death, he definitely envisioned a "Space Bobsleds" ride.

MGS659683.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter