Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Does anyone remember any sort of light show on Disney property that would have been there in July 1988 or 1989? Possibly at Downtown Disney? I remember walking through a long tunnel or canopy of moving lights but can't remember where or what it may have been.

There was a tunnel of moving lights at the original Imagination pavilion at Epcot - upstairs in the Image Works. Could that be it? I don't remember the date it closed, but it was definitely there in the mid 80's. The lights would change color and kind of follow you along as you went through the tunnel.

Yesterday as I was digitizing a pile of negatives for my friend I stumbled upon a vacation she and her husband took in 1985 to WDW!

Guess who I thought of first? :)

These negatives were really jumbled, strips in a big envelope, and I never came across anything except photos from their stay at the Contemporary and photos from Epot, taken during the 1985 WorldFest.

PICT0001.JPG

No Grand Floridian . . . but Dixie Cup trees!

PICT0044.JPG
PICT0040.JPG
PICT0039.JPG
PICT0031.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

Start of Epcot, but these could be wildly out of order. Tried to put the Future World stuff ahead of World Showcase, but we'll likely be skipping around. Will put the WS photos in the following post.

PICT0018.JPG
PICT0020.JPG
PICT0022.JPG
PICT0033.JPG
PICT0003.JPG

Those strollers!!

PICT0032.JPG
PICT0034.JPG
PICT0036.JPG
PICT0037.JPG

PICT0013.JPG
PICT0019.JPG
PICT0024.JPG

Can anyone tell me where the above photo was snapped?

Sunshine Seasons
PICT0001.JPG
PICT0007.JPG

Where were the swans located?

PICT0014.JPG

From DemonLlama's post just above:

image.jpg

What in the world is this??? It looks like a bicycle powered selfie camera. And I was at Epcot in 86, but that was long enough ago that I sure don't remember this...

From DemonLlama's post just above:

What in the world is this??? It looks like a bicycle powered selfie camera. And I was at Epcot in 86, but that was long enough ago that I sure don't remember this...

I'm not DemonLlama, but I think it might be one of the Innoventions exhibits, or perhaps from the Imagination Pavilion. I vaguely recall seeing this as a kid...

I found a couple more that I never posted to tumblr. The rhino from the jungle cruise and a better shot of the moonliner(I don't know who the woman and little girl are).

View attachment 125597

Yes. The old days. Just like when I was a kid in the 60's.

... Smoke 'em if you got 'em. :o

Yet, even with 18 years of second hand smoke I ended up at 6'1". Maybe I would have been 7'6"! Glad for the stunted growth, I always felt like an over tall freak as it was.

FigmentIsTheBest (OP)

PICT0039.JPG

meant to ask if anyone remembers these animals along the roadway? Looks like two swans and a camel??

They also had a few on the opposite side of the road. I also remember having to "sneak" from the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom. This was long before they 'encouraged' you to do so over the commemorative bricks. If the guard was looking, they sent you back to use the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter