Pictures of rare characters

We found quite a few in 2006 that we didn't see last year

Gideon and Foulfellow both were on Main Street

ry%3D400

In Frontierland. These were during a Hoe Down parade of some sort. We were upset it wasn't running last year because the kids LOVED it.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last year (rare for us)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

In Frontierland. These were during a Hoe Down parade of some sort. We were upset it wasn't running last year because the kids LOVED it.

The Hoedown still occurs... but it varies everyday. I always ask at Guest Relations to get that day's schedule, it's not listed in the times guide.

I was trying to find out if they met them during the big character deal at the Animation Building at 5 PM at DHS. Their photos were outside, and that is usually inside the building, so I am looking for further info. Does that meet & Greet go outside sometimes? I just don't want to miss out!

I went to this last month and it was awesome. I think it only takes place on non-Fantasmic days though, so make sure you check on that beforehand.

I wanted to see the little animation presentation beforehand, so I got in line for Magic of Disney Animation at about 4:00 just to be safe. The characters came out between 4:45 and 5 (they're inside). Between Mickey, the characters from Up, the Incredibles, and all the extra characters, it was like an all-out character fest! There are two sets of characters that come out, so make sure you stick around (I think they traded about every 30 minutes). We were there just meeting characters for over an hour! And the lines were relatively short, it really was great.

Questions on the teardrop:

1) How often do you check back there

2) If you find characters there once, will they likely be different there if you go back later

3) If you ask a CM to call the character hotline, will the characters at the Teardrop (or for that matter Animation Building at DHS) be included in the info they get?

8 days and COUNTING!!!!!!

I went in the morning and asked a CM in the Hall of Fame if anybody would be at the teardrop that day. He said they only come out for "special occassions," but couldn't guarantee if that day was one of those occassions. He said if they were to appear, it would be between 11 and 4. Later, we saw Mulan at the teardrop around 1 but she was the only character that was out. I'm not sure about the hotline question.

We also got all their autographs.

In addition, don't know if any of these are rare, but I guess it is possible:
Frozone
Jimminy Cricket
Alice in Wonderland
Hook and Smee

Frozone trades off with Mr. Incredible/Elastgirl in the Magic of Disney Animation at Hollywood Studios. :thumbsup2

We managed to see these characters last year

Mushu with Mulan

image322-1.jpg

and Ron Stoppable and Kim Possible

IMG_0238.jpg

Picture threads are usually found on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move this over there now.

The Hoedown still occurs... but it varies everyday. I always ask at Guest Relations to get that day's schedule, it's not listed in the times guide.

Ohhhh, I wish I would have known that in Nov! DS4 is a HUGE Splash fan and he would have loved to have seen them! We'll have to ask when we are there this year. Thanks!

I went to this last month and it was awesome. I think it only takes place on non-Fantasmic days though, so make sure you check on that beforehand.

I wanted to see the little animation presentation beforehand, so I got in line for Magic of Disney Animation at about 4:00 just to be safe. The characters came out between 4:45 and 5 (they're inside). Between Mickey, the characters from Up, the Incredibles, and all the extra characters, it was like an all-out character fest! There are two sets of characters that come out, so make sure you stick around (I think they traded about every 30 minutes). We were there just meeting characters for over an hour! And the lines were relatively short, it really was great.

Yeah! I actually heard that was the case, and didn't want to fight the Fantasmic crowds at the park anyway, so made sure we will be there on a non-F day. My daughter and I are referring to this as "Character Palooza!" and we sure hope to find it!

Was trying something, image wise for someone, so far not working. Sorry... :lmao:

Yeah! I actually heard that was the case, and didn't want to fight the Fantasmic crowds at the park anyway, so made sure we will be there on a non-F day. My daughter and I are referring to this as "Character Palooza!" and we sure hope to find it!

Yes, that's quite an appropriate name for it! :laughing: It's great.

Heading to the world in dec. I have been to dhs for the 5pm character palooza. What I keep reading about "the teardrop"? What is it?? I'm confused

Heading to the world in dec. I have been to dhs for the 5pm character palooza. What I keep reading about "the teardrop"? What is it?? I'm confused

The teardrop is an area in Mickey's Toontown Fair at Magic Kingdom near the train station. If you're facing the train station, it's to the left. It's called the teardrop because of its shape, and it sometimes (but not always) has character appearances. The character times aren't listed on the Times Guide, so you might want to ask a Cast Member about it. :thumbsup2

I have a picture of myself with the Walrus that I can't find. he is the most rare that I have seen. Here is one of us with Jack on DCL:

DCLJackSparow.jpg

Here is a pretty good one, Darkwing Duck, seen at International Migratory Bird Day at DAK:

n10703948_6989615_5725.jpg

Thanks for explaining the "tear drop" area. But is it near the backside of the judges tent?

wow these were some rare photos of characters'- i can't believe how many i don't know. The rarest pic i've seen on this post is the Queen Of Hearts. Wow, i have never seen her. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!:jumping1::rainbow::donald::dumbo::tigger::hmghost::mickeyjum

I would LOVE to meet Darkwing Duck! Are there any other times when he is out? I thought he was gone for good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter