pictures of my Mickeys Grand Welcome/Birthday - updated. DONE!

Rachandgarry

DIS Veteran
Hiya

I mentioned in another post that for our upcoming trip to Disneyland Paris, I'm attempting to do a combination of Mickey's Grand Welcome and the Mickey and Pals Big Birthday Celebration.... I'm calling it the 'Mickey and Pals Big Grand Welcome' LOL! As soon as we get to the room, they will be put on the bed, around the slightly bigger Cars box, which will have a bunch of helium balloons attached to it, and a welcome banner on the wall (going to make that tomorrow). Here's how they turned out, I'm quite pleased...

The Cars box (contents will be inside obviously)
2012-001DLPpre-tripprep38.jpg

The rest of the pressies:
2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents19.jpg

from Mickey:
2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents12.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents13.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents14.jpg

from Minnie:
2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents5.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents6.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents7.jpg

from Pluto:
2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents2.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents3.jpg

from Goofy:
2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents8.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents9.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents10.jpg

from Donald:
2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents16.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents17.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents18.jpg

from Winnie the Pooh (prob Matthew's favourite character), and this has his autograph book in it:
2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents.jpg

2012-001DLPpre-trippreppresents4.jpg

Its a good job we're driving over and not trying to get this lot on a plane, eh? Hee hee. I'm so excited!!

Thanks to Dolly for the Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Donald tags - they are just so gorgeous!!

Rachel

What a great way to welcome the kids:) Everything turned out beautiful:) Enjoy your very special trip:)

I agree everything is great but those boxes/presents :lovestruc How did you make those bows they look so professional!!

the boxes are amazing! what a great idea.

Thank you! I'm nowhere near creative enough to have the idea - that was Disney's, lol http://ftdfloristsonline.com/disneyfloralandgifts/product/disneyfloralandgifts-waltdisneyworldflorist-Disney-Welcome-Congratulations-Balloons-Mickey-Mouse-Celebration/display. All I did was copy it for about $300 less, lol!

What a great way to welcome the kids:) Everything turned out beautiful:) Enjoy your very special trip:)

Thanks so much, I'm so excited I can hardly wait now..

I love EVERYTHING!!! But especially those boxes! So very cute!

Thanks! It does have the wow factor when its all done. I am a little concerned that I'm setting a precedent and will have to do this every time we go away :scared1: LOL

I agree everything is great but those boxes/presents :lovestruc How did you make those bows they look so professional!!

Thanks! The boxes were just boxes I had around the house (hence why they're not all the cube shape I'd have liked and were in the real Mickey's Grand Welcome (link above)). I just covered them in plain coloured gift wrap, then stuck the ribbon on, made bows and stuck them on. The Minnie one was hard because the two ribbons kept separating :mad: lol. Trust me, it was a lot easier to do than it looks, and a lot cheaper than the Disney prices ($315!!)

My goodness!! How inspirational!!! I'm looking to do something very similar for our june trip, but I was having such difficulty finding boxes! Thanks to you and your absolute stroke of genius, that issue is resolved. Marvelous job, truly! :thumbsup2 Now I can't wait to do mine!!!:cool1:

My goodness!! How inspirational!!! I'm looking to do something very similar for our june trip, but I was having such difficulty finding boxes! Thanks to you and your absolute stroke of genius, that issue is resolved. Marvelous job, truly! :thumbsup2 Now I can't wait to do mine!!!:cool1:

Aw thanks, that's so kind of you to say! Hope you get on ok!!

I'm so glad you were able to use the gift tags I designed on some of your boxes. They turned out great! If anyone else would like to use them, check out my 4shared file in the link in my signature, then look in the "mickey's grand welcome" file. I also have things for a "tink", "princess" and
"chip n dale" welcome.

OP, for a little something extra fun...leave a white feather or two near the gift from Donald.

I'm so glad you were able to use the gift tags I designed on some of your boxes. They turned out great! If anyone else would like to use them, check out my 4shared file in the link in my signature, then look in the "mickey's grand welcome" file. I also have things for a "tink", "princess" and
"chip n dale" welcome.

OP, for a little something extra fun...leave a white feather or two near the gift from Donald.

Hi Dolly - I so wish I'd checked this thread before we left, that would have been a really nice touch. <bleep!>

Here's how the Mickey and Pals Big Grand Welcome turned out in the end:

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

I had loads more graphics that I had printed and laminated ready to use, but it would have just been too much - I was bordering on overkill with what I did do :rotfl2:

So much hard work, but it was worth it. I think for someone of Matthew's age (5 1/2) the boxes worked well but it would have been better to have one or two bigger presents inside each one rather than lots of little stuff - he missed the brilliance of most of the little gifts :mad: and nearly all the personalisation just went over his head, lol! The overall effect was worth it though.

Thanks again for your help and inspiration Dolly!

Rach xx

O.M.G....those are fantastic!!! Sadly tho, I'm sure my bows would NOT look like that...lol...beautiful job and I'll be filing tyhis away for future use!

another question - would you post or PM me those tags? OH I'm so excited to create something like that!!! We are flying so I guess I'd have to ship them or something but still . . . LOVE IT!

wow! Awesome job! Inspiration for our next trip:)

Thank you! :lovestruc

O.M.G....those are fantastic!!! Sadly tho, I'm sure my bows would NOT look like that...lol...beautiful job and I'll be filing tyhis away for future use!

Thank you - bows are easy, youtube has loads of instructional vids, give me a shout if you still struggle! :cutie:

Those are FANTASTIC!!! :worship:How did you get the room set up without anyone seeing you?

Thank you :hug: I sent them to the park :rotfl: I did start to wonder if I was mad missing 2 hours of my vacation just setting gifts up and unpacking, but I realised that actually the gift part only took a little while and it was the unpacking that took forever, lol!

another question - would you post or PM me those tags? OH I'm so excited to create something like that!!! We are flying so I guess I'd have to ship them or something but still . . . LOVE IT!

Sure, no worries. If you pm me your e-mail addy I can send them across. :cutie:

how cool! it turned out great!

Thanks! :cloud9:

I love the decorated room! Where did you get the ballons at your resort? I have everything in place but would really love actual ballons... but if I blow them up they won't float and that is what I would love for my kids! They love ballons!

If anyone is looking for the tags. Here is a link to a some of the tags and a few other things:

http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp232/jtanddolly/Mickeys Grand Welcome/

Hi Dolly - I so wish I'd checked this thread before we left, that would have been a really nice touch. <bleep!>
Thanks again for your help and inspiration Dolly!

Rach xx

Everything turned out absolutely amazing! You did a GREAT job and I got a few ideas that I will try on future trips from your pics and amazing boxes.

I am doing this with a princess birthday theme in May. Have just about everything ready to go. I to will not pay for the one from Disney Florist. I got all my decorations at Party City. Sending the basket down by UPS to our resort. I wonder about the balloons all so. I have a package of princess balloons, but I don't know how they are going to get blown up. Where did you stay. We are staying at CBR. My other thought was to bring thin sticks to put the ballons on if all else fails. What did you use to put things on the wall and windows and doors?

I loved the wrapped boxes as well... very creative there! I wanted to do that but only 11 days to go and still much to get done ;)

I am with PP what did you use to stick on walls with?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter