Picture This: A BAY LAKE TOWER Review~Pictorial

WDWKOOK

NOW WITH LESS TAG!
DH, DD13 and I stayed at Bay Lake Tower in a lake view one bedroom villa from August 18 - 21. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and it was the first part of a split-stay with Wilderness Lodge Club Level. This was our first time staying in a DVC Villa. We have stayed at all the Moderates and Deluxes, except GF and BC.

Bay Lake Tower opened in 2009 and is located adjacent to Disney's Contemporary Resort which opened in 1971. You do not have to be a DVC owner to book BLT. They accept reservations on points and by cash. When using cash, any applicable discounts may be applied. Accommodations include Studios, One, Two and Three bedroom (Grand) villas. Bookable views include: Standard, Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom. For more room view and room number information, THIS THREAD by work2play is a wonderful resource.

IMG_2288-1-1.jpg

We checked in at the CR where we have stayed many times. (NOTE: BLT check-in is now in the BLT lobby). I had a cash reservation and booked using the 40% military room-only discount. I had requested an outer villa on a high floor. We checked-in around 10:30 AM and our room was ready less than an hour later.

We were assigned room 7634, an outer villa which is actually on the 6th floor of the south side:​

IMG_2230.jpg

My concerns before booking were related mostly to the room's condition. I had read reviews that the condition of some of the furniture was very worn. However, our room was in very good condition and housekeeping was excellent. There was only noticeable wear on the sleeper chair and the ceiling mounted rain shower head in the master bathroom did not work. The arm to turn it on/off wouldn't budge so we only used the wall mounted shower head which was more than sufficient.

We loved the room's location and we never heard any noise from other guests while inside our room. In the middle of the night, I could hear what seemed to be a carpet cleaning machine making its way down the hallway, but that is the only 'noise' I heard in the three nights.

The stairwell was fairly close to our room and we could simply walk down one flight of stairs to the Skybridge to get to the CR. This was very convenient for mug refills.

We loved the privacy of having our own bedroom, balcony door and beautiful bathroom and our DD loved having her own sleeping area and bathroom (a must for a teen girl). I think she had the best view from any bed in WDW! It was so convenient having the washer/dryer and after a long day, the whirlpool tub was heavenly. BLT did not disappoint and I can't recommend it enough.

For this review, I've only included photos directly related to BLT. I have many photos of the CR, including recreation, signs, dining, shops, etc... and more detailed photos of everything in the BLT kitchen that I will use when I create the next CR/BLT information thread, but I chose not to include them here. If you would like to see any of them, just post your request and I'll try to help.​

BLT OUTER VILLAS/FRONT:

IMG_0780-2.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

BLT INNER VILLAS/BACK:

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg

BACK AS VIEWED FROM 6TH FLOOR:

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

LOBBY AND CHECK-IN:

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

LAKE VIEW ONE BEDROOM VILLA 7634:

IMG_2205.jpg

LIVING ROOM:

IMG_2187.jpg

4039576954_a6e2be7a2c-1.jpg

KITCHEN:

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

3215_17008-1.jpg

QUEEN SLEEPER IN LIVING ROOM (DD declared it very comfortable):

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

NEAR ENTRANCE:

IMG_2202.jpg

IN CLOSET NEAR ENTRANCE:

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2203-2.jpg

BATHROOM NEAR ENTRANCE:

IMG_2206.jpg

bltvanity.jpg

BEDROOM:

IMG_2207.jpg

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

641652946_DoyUM-L.jpg

SAFE AND IRONING BOARD IN BEDROOM CLOSET:

IMG_2214.jpg

WHIRLPOOL TUB:

IMG_2219.jpg

COMMODE AND SHOWER AREA WITH DOOR:

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

LOCKING MECHANISM ON BATHROOM DOORS:

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

LOCK ON SLIDING GLASS DOORS:

IMG_2222.jpg

TOP OF IHOME:

IMG_2223.jpg

7634 VIEWS:

LOOKING STRAIGHT OUT FROM LIVING ROOM:

IMG_2189.jpg

FAR RIGHT:

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

RIGHT:

IMG_2192.jpg

LEFT:

IMG_2190.jpg

VIEW FROM BEDROOM BALCONY:

IMG_2210.jpg

COMMUNITY HALL:

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

6TH FLOOR STAIRS - ONE FLOOR DOWN TO SKYBRIDGE:

IMG_2226.jpg

5TH FLOOR SKYBRIDGE TO/FROM 4TH FLOOR OF CR:

IMG_2227.jpg

TENNIS COURTS:

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

FENCED-IN FOUNTAIN:

IMG_2245.jpg

VIEW FROM BEHIND TENNIS COURTS TO FAR LEFT OF BAY LAKE:

IMG_2251.jpg

VIEW TO THE RIGHT:

IMG_2250.jpg

BEACH AREA WITH CHAIRS:

IMG_2269.jpg

PICNIC AND BBQ AREA:

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

LET'S GO TO THE POOL AREA, BUT FIRST WE NEED TO GET IN:

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

3215_17016-1.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

BATHROOM (NO SHOWERS):

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

FIRE PIT AREA:

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

MOVIE SCREEN BETWEEN CR AND BLT:

IMG_2373.jpg

WALKWAY FROM MK TO BLT/CR:

IMG_2368.jpg

MK WALKWAY CROSSWALK AT WORLD DRIVE: (Monorail yellow is coming online from the monorail barn):

IMG_2369.jpg

Yay the blt review!!!!! I'm so glad you liked it. DD too .. yay

So, no Mondrian Crayon masterpieces!

:worship: BLT looks lovely! Thanks for taking the time to write it up to share with us. :goodvibes

KOOK Absolutely the best review and pictures of BLT ever! I wish now I had tried harder to talk DH into switching to CR or BLT when they were available of course we would have been in a Studio but still I do like it a lot.

Great pictures, we have a trip booked for CR garden wing next August but my DD just saw your pics and is now begging to stay at BLT.

These are great! Thanks for sharing! We are staying in 1br villa in Feb, and I've been curious how they differ from BW, and BC, SSS or OKW where we've stayed before. My DH took one look and said " very contemporary";)
Did you request 5? We plan to but will take 6 if we have to...want to be just 1-2 flights from the bridge- we do stairs, not elevators!

Wow Kook!!! Looks fantastic!!!! Definitely would like to try out BLT someday!! :goodvibes

You're number one, you're number one! You need to put it on your resort bucket list, especially having two kids, you'll love the roominess and privacy:cloud9:
Yay the blt review!!!!! I'm so glad you liked it. DD too .. yay
We did love it and DH really didn't even miss CL that much. He liked being able to have a good excuse to eat a hot breakfast and the king bed was a hit, too.

So, no Mondrian Crayon masterpieces!

:worship: BLT looks lovely! Thanks for taking the time to write it up to share with us. :goodvibes
:rotfl: You remembered my fear:thumbsup2
Not a one in our room - I guess we were in the post neo-plasticism period villa:worship:

I have been remiss in not perusing your recent TR - I'll get over there soon:hug:

Kook! Great review and pictures .. Looks like a great place! I love the fire pit
Thank you:). It is a great resort with all the amenities of the CR and MK just steps away.

Nice pictures. Thanks.
You're welcome, MEK:)

KOOK Absolutely the best review and pictures of BLT ever! I wish now I had tried harder to talk DH into switching to CR or BLT when they were available of course we would have been in a Studio but still I do like it a lot.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Sheila:goodvibes. You know, it's never too late to switch;)

Great pictures, we have a trip booked for CR garden wing next August but my DD just saw your pics and is now begging to stay at BLT.
Thank you, but sorry I made some trouble for you. Keep in mind though that a BLT Studio is actually smaller than a standard CR room. But, of course, the one bedroom is twice as large.

These are great! Thanks for sharing! We are staying in 1br villa in Feb, and I've been curious how they differ from BW, and BC, SSS or OKW where we've stayed before. My DH took one look and said " very contemporary";)
Did you request 5? We plan to but will take 6 if we have to...want to be just 1-2 flights from the bridge- we do stairs, not elevators!
Thank you, familygoboston:). I only requested a high floor and the 6th was perfect since we were just one flight of stairs up from the Skybridge.

The BLT one bedroom (and Kidani) are the only one bedroom villas with two bathrooms, so that would be the main difference and that BLT is the most recently built DVC (2009).

Than you, but sorry I made some trouble for you. Keep in mind though that a BLT Studio is actually smaller than a standard CR room. But, of course, the one bedroom is twice as large.

Oh no, our spoiled 11 year old DD wants to stay in the 1 bedroom. She wants her own plasma TV, bathroom and balcony. I told her it is definitely way more $s than our current res which is standard view garden wing w/free dining, she told me she'll chip in some money towards the cost :rotfl2: When she is 16 I think I'll tell her to get a job to chip in money for all the upgrades that she would like for our WDW trips.

Yay Kook! This is so timely, I was just wondering about BLT for our Dec 2013 visit (yes sooo far away!:crazy2:) and I just love all your pictures! Is the sleeper chair very big???

Thank you for posting these! We are staying in a studio next June but I love looking a the resort photos to get an idea of the layout of the land.

I love your pics!! We just got back from BLT on 9/22 and we were in room 7536. What a wonderful resort!! Seeing your pics makes me miss it even more :goodvibes Thank you for sharing them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!