Picture This: A BAY LAKE TOWER Review~Pictorial

Just found this thread, and I am more excited now than I was when I booked our 1-BR BLT villa earlier today!!! DH, DD and I will be there from June 1-6. DD turns 17 on June 2, and this is our b-day surprise for her. She has always wanted to go for her B-day, but we have never been able to make it work out.

I am so glad to hear your DD enjoyed her private bath and the bed was comfy. That was my number one concern. We will be driving from TX, and I normally take an air mattress in case the sleepers aren't comfy. Nice to know I can leave this item behind to lighten our load! :)

Just found this thread, and I am more excited now than I was when I booked our 1-BR BLT villa earlier today!!! DH, DD and I will be there from June 1-6. DD turns 17 on June 2, and this is our b-day surprise for her. She has always wanted to go for her B-day, but we have never been able to make it work out.

I am so glad to hear your DD enjoyed her private bath and the bed was comfy. That was my number one concern. We will be driving from TX, and I normally take an air mattress in case the sleepers aren't comfy. Nice to know I can leave this item behind to lighten our load! :)

The sleeper chair is the best chair for sitting, too. The sofa is okay for sleeping and horrible for sitting. And the wooden chair with the cushion is awful for sitting. I think the two of us fought over who got the sleeper chair to watch TV. The extra bath was very convenient.

Congratulations on booking BLT:thumbsup2. What a terrific birthday surprise for DD - make sure it's noted in your reservation. You won't need an air mattress - your DD will be very comfortable on the queen sleeper with her amazing view, flat screen and bathroom:goodvibes. She can even get some pre-college laundry practice in:laundy:;)

Feel free to post any questions you might have.

The sleeper chair is the best chair for sitting, too. The sofa is okay for sleeping and horrible for sitting. And the wooden chair with the cushion is awful for sitting. I think the two of us fought over who got the sleeper chair to watch TV. The extra bath was very convenient.

Hi Kook-
I know you may have addressed these, but I'm putting the finishing touches on my plans and cannot find where (if?) I saved this info if you did share it!

What level of the BLT is the walking bridge to the Contemporary...we are stairs people and likely to request a room within 2-3 floors of the bridge. I thought it's level 5 (rooms with 75XX) but I can't find it referenced anywhere.

Also, if we booked a lake view, we really can't request a different one without paying more right? I have the thread by Work2play, and I can see all the rooms but I don't know if I would be charged more if i request one that is not "lake view"

Thanks for the help!!

Hi Kook-
I know you may have addressed these, but I'm putting the finishing touches on my plans and cannot find where (if?) I saved this info if you did share it!

What level of the BLT is the walking bridge to the Contemporary...we are stairs people and likely to request a room within 2-3 floors of the bridge. I thought it's level 5 (rooms with 75XX) but I can't find it referenced anywhere.

Also, if we booked a lake view, we really can't request a different one without paying more right? I have the thread by Work2play, and I can see all the rooms but I don't know if I would be charged more if i request one that is not "lake view"

Thanks for the help!!
Dead thread revived:)

The Skybridge that links BLT to the CR's fourth floor is located on the fifth floor of BLT which are rooms 7502 - 7544 on the south side. There's a photo of this on the first page. If you booked a cash reservation, you can certainly ask for availability of a different view, but it's always best to book the view you want. But, you can ask at check-in what the charge would be before you change and you can use the Disney booking website now to get an idea of the cost difference.

There are three bookable BLT views: Standard (parking lot), Bay Lake and MKV. Some rooms are BLV, but have a partial MKV on the north side. Work2play's thread has all of those details.

Dead thread revived:)

The Skybridge that links BLT to the CR's fourth floor is located on the fifth floor of BLT which are rooms 7502 - 7544 on the south side. There's a photo of this on the first page. If you booked a cash reservation, you can certainly ask for availability of a different view, but it's always best to book the view you want. But, you can ask at check-in what the charge would be before you change and you can use the Disney booking website now to get an idea of the cost difference.

There are three bookable BLT views: Standard (parking lot), Bay Lake and MKV. Some rooms are BLV, but have a partial MKV on the north side. Work2play's thread has all of those details.

Dead...hardly! This one is great and will live on in infamy!!!!:thumbsup2
Thanks for the info...We did book lake view, so we have lots of options!! If the bridge connection is on the South side and I request a North room, if I take the elvator down from the north, do I still ahve to connect to the bridge or can you get to the monorail from the North side? Is that going to be really far to walk to the bridge? I ask because I was going to make sure I requested a room on a lower floor to be able to walk, but if it's so far from the north side then I might have to take the elevator anyway and I could get a higher level room and just plan to use the elevator. We don't mind walking, but if it's shorter to take the elevator from the north, I'd love to score a great view!!

Thanks for your help...may all be moot when I get there and they only have one room left:sad2:

Dead...hardly! This one is great and will live on in infamy!!!!:thumbsup2
Thanks for the info...We did book lake view, so we have lots of options!! If the bridge connection is on the South side and I request a North room, if I take the elvator down from the north, do I still ahve to connect to the bridge or can you get to the monorail from the North side? Is that going to be really far to walk to the bridge? I ask because I was going to make sure I requested a room on a lower floor to be able to walk, but if it's so far from the north side then I might have to take the elevator anyway and I could get a higher level room and just plan to use the elevator. We don't mind walking, but if it's shorter to take the elevator from the north, I'd love to score a great view!!

Thanks for your help...may all be moot when I get there and they only have one room left:sad2:
:rotfl: Thanks for the chuckle.

The only way you can get directly inside CR from BLT is to take the 5th floor Skybridge. Your only other option is to walk outside to the CR's front or rear entrance and take the elevator or escalator up to the 4th floor and then the escalator up to the monorail.

Keep us posted about what room you end up getting:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter