Pics of YOAMD Merchandise

Well, shoot -- I have bad news. I got home from work about two hours ago, and went to get my camera. The USB cable is missing. So I ask DH about it, since I unpacked it after vacation and gave it to him to put up. He doesn't know where it is. We've spent the last 1.5 hours tearing up the house, but no USB cable to be found! :confused3 And no cable means I can't upload any pictures (and it also means I can't pull my 600+ pics from vacation off my memory cards, something else I'd planned to do tonight!). :( I'm sorry, everyone, for getting your hopes up and then having to be the bearer of bad news. I'm going to keep looking, but at this point, I don't hold out much luck of finding it tonight...or maybe ever. :(

Does anyone know what those photo/autograph ooks look like inside? Is it one side for autographs and then a photo pouch on the other side?

yellownovawife said:
Does anyone know what those photo/autograph ooks look like inside? Is it one side for autographs and then a photo pouch on the other side?

yes, according to a post i read the other day. :guilty: i hear that that style is (a) more expensive and (b) doesn't hold a lot of room for signatures.

but if its what my kids want, so be it. :)

Does anyone know how much that car static cling thing is? My friend is going on Friday and I want her to get me one! Does it just stick to the inside of your window, or is it a sticker thing? Is it clear except for the logo?

iwynlea said:
Well, shoot -- I have bad news. I got home from work about two hours ago, and went to get my camera. The USB cable is missing. So I ask DH about it, since I unpacked it after vacation and gave it to him to put up. He doesn't know where it is. We've spent the last 1.5 hours tearing up the house, but no USB cable to be found! :confused3 And no cable means I can't upload any pictures (and it also means I can't pull my 600+ pics from vacation off my memory cards, something else I'd planned to do tonight!). :( I'm sorry, everyone, for getting your hopes up and then having to be the bearer of bad news. I'm going to keep looking, but at this point, I don't hold out much luck of finding it tonight...or maybe ever. :(

Awww. it's okay! I hope you find your USB cable! Are you able to put your memory card directly into your CPU? That's how I upload to my computer. I just take it out of my camera and insert it into the slot under our A: drive. Hope everything works out! :)

Luv4Disney said:
Awww. it's okay! I hope you find your USB cable! Are you able to put your memory card directly into your CPU? That's how I upload to my computer. I just take it out of my camera and insert it into the slot under our A: drive. Hope everything works out! :)

If not into your CPU directly, you can purchase a card reader (personally I like this method much more than the USB cable) which plugs into the USB port on th CPU, then you input the card media into the little slot. This eliminates your camera having to be attached to your computer to upload the pics!

They are not expensive, and maybe even cheaper than some USB cords!
Here is the link to one - http://www.supermediastore.com/cardreader.html

yellownovawife said:

The book is $10.95. It has pages for 14 autographs and pockets for 15 pics (one pocket is facing the inside cover which has "This Book belongs to space".

IMG_3349.jpg

WDW4us2006 said:
Does anyone know how much that car static cling thing is? My friend is going on Friday and I want her to get me one! Does it just stick to the inside of your window, or is it a sticker thing? Is it clear except for the logo?

I'm thinking between $6-$8. (I'm not 100% sure) -I purchased it without really looking at the price on the first day of YOAMD, but when I got it home I thought it a bit pricey - oh well!

It sticks on the inside of the window with static (or a little saliva) and is clear with the exception of the logo.

makinorlando, thanks for the info and the photo. What size are the pages? Would it be something where you could have several autographs on a page? Otherwise is would just not be worthwhile because we expect to get more than 14 autographs. Is it something where you could have a "princess" page and a "Mickey" page and a "villians" page etc...? What size is the photo pocket? Thanks again!

yellownovawife said:
makinorlando, thanks for the info and the photo. What size are the pages? Would it be something where you could have several autographs on a page? Otherwise is would just not be worthwhile because we expect to get more than 14 autographs. Is it something where you could have a "princess" page and a "Mickey" page and a "villians" page etc...? What size is the photo pocket? Thanks again!

The book is about 6x7 (estimate) bigger than a 5x7 picture, but not quite square. The photo pocket is for a 4x6 photo.

Each page can hold 2 autographs, maybe three autographs. It's difficult for the characters to sign too small with their big hands... and even the "face' characters have pretty substantial autographs.

In one case we have Donald, Jose and Panchito (Three Caballeros) all signed on one page - and then I put the picture of the group in the facing pocket.

We have been collecting for a couple years (since we moved to Orlando) but in the past year we have really stepped it up and added many to our collection. We have a couple of the classic blue books (just for autographs) filled (we have the same characters multiple times from character meals, or places we have seen them in different outfits).

Once they came out with these books, we started using them, so I can add photos to go with each autograph. I'm obsessive about my photos, and the books are set up for the pics to be landscape not portrait, and many of my exisiting photos are portrait, so I have been taking new pics in landscape and collecting new autographs in the photo/autograph albums. This red one is our 5th - we have two pink princess books and two gold HCOE books filled.

I am not a scrapbooker, so this is a good way for me to create something that DD will have forever without too much creative effort!!!

I love the new autograph book. We were there in late September (just missed YOAMD) and purchased the gold one with the gold pen attached (the pen wasn't that great, so we used a Sharpie, thanks DISers!). I am hoping that there are new styles of books each year so we can differentiate the years by the covers. Anyway, I digress...

Just wanted to add my .02 about not enough room for autographs. Towards the end of the trip, we were selective on who to give the book to. Poor Brer Fox did not get it because we wanted the last page to be for Chicken Little. :) I almost purchased a second one. For charachters like the gang from 100 Acre Wood, we had them sign on one page and then got a group photo in Epcot. Worked pretty nicely. We used the first page for a pic of our son holding the book. It turned out really cute and he shows everyone who comes to the house his autographs.

*sigh* I think I have post-Disney depression. I want to go BACK!!!

Hi, all. Still looking for the stinkin USB cable. DH thinks when we took the camera to the store to be looked at they didn't put it back in the bag, so we're going by there tonight or tomorrow to see if they might have it. If not, I'm investing in a card reader, since I have an old computer without one built in (and I know they're not too expensive)! If no one has posted pics by the time I get everything straighted out, I'll still post! :thumbsup2

What store has that static cling? That looks interesting. Wonder if it will even show thru my "strands" of defroster. May have to put on the bathroom mirror. :teeth:

makinorlando said:
The book is about 6x7 (estimate) bigger than a 5x7 picture, but not quite square. The photo pocket is for a 4x6 photo.

Each page can hold 2 autographs, maybe three autographs. It's difficult for the characters to sign too small with their big hands... and even the "face' characters have pretty substantial autographs.

In one case we have Donald, Jose and Panchito (Three Caballeros) all signed on one page - and then I put the picture of the group in the facing pocket.

We have been collecting for a couple years (since we moved to Orlando) but in the past year we have really stepped it up and added many to our collection. We have a couple of the classic blue books (just for autographs) filled (we have the same characters multiple times from character meals, or places we have seen them in different outfits).

Once they came out with these books, we started using them, so I can add photos to go with each autograph. I'm obsessive about my photos, and the books are set up for the pics to be landscape not portrait, and many of my exisiting photos are portrait, so I have been taking new pics in landscape and collecting new autographs in the photo/autograph albums. This red one is our 5th - we have two pink princess books and two gold HCOE books filled.

I am not a scrapbooker, so this is a good way for me to create something that DD will have forever without too much creative effort!!!

Do they have the new cover on the old autograph books?

I like the books with the plain pages because they hold more autographs. I have the characters sign one page and leave the facing page blank. Once we're home, I add the pictures to the blank pages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter