Pics of DCL Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
ResizeofAppetizer.jpg

Hot Crab & Lobster dip!
Oh YUM!! Which cruise was this on?!

As good as these look, we've found the Mickey waffles on both the Dream (this year) and Fantasy (last year) were nowhere as good as in the WDW buffets. Dense and chewy instead of light and fluffy and crispy. On the Fantasy a few years ago they were fine. :confused3
This is a common complaint on all cruise lines I've been on - that the waffles are dense and heavy. Don't really know why that is, but it is.

Been a long time since that Home Ec class of mine - could it be the changes in humidity? I know elevation changes mean cooking adjustments, but I can't remember if humidity did the same or if I'm just thinking wrong. (Wouldn't be the first time! ;))

As good as these look, we've found the Mickey waffles on both the Dream (this year) and Fantasy (last year) were nowhere as good as in the WDW buffets. Dense and chewy instead of light and fluffy and crispy. On the Fantasy a few years ago they were fine. :confused3

This is a common complaint on all cruise lines I've been on - that the waffles are dense and heavy. Don't really know why that is, but it is.

We've always had this issue with the pancakes in the sit down restaurants too. Not so much on the buffets. :confused3

WHERE did you get the CRISPY, fully cooked bacon?? I've only ever had their floppy, greasy type. o_O

It's a main food group for me. That's why I ask. :D

On our last Magic cruise in Europe thry had " proper" bacon used in full English breakfasts, often a product of Denmark. Crispy and fully cooked.

WHERE did you get the CRISPY, fully cooked bacon?? I've only ever had their floppy, greasy type. o_O

It's a main food group for me. That's why I ask. :D
We were staying in the Roy on the wonder and were able to order it that way for my son.:flower3:
It's not easy to come by on board

The above sundae is a pineapple and Caramel Sundae from Cabanas which we would go to eat at around 6 as we had late dining which we did not like. The steak is from there too and was hands down the best steak we had on the trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!