Pics of DCL Food Round 2

View attachment 214186
Palo's gluten-free dessert on the Wonder. So pretty!! Note that the width of the glass rim is as wide as the inner rim of the plate - this thing was enormous!

I thought they could make the chocolate souffle gluten-free... I'm so not a blueberry fan.

That looks very good.
I wasn't offered a bite, so I will assume it was!

I thought they could make the chocolate souffle gluten-free... I'm so not a blueberry fan.
That was at brunch. I would guess the gf souffle would be at dinner, just like the non-gf one, maybe? In any case, DH wasn't offered options - our server just said the chef would make him something special since the chocolate-covered strawberries were the only safe things on the buffet (which was obviously pretty lame as the only dessert). I am sorta curious why the champagne jello/berries thing wasn't safe, as an aside. Anyway - DH says the sorbet flavor was raspberry, and he kind of sucks at identifying flavors but probably could be trusted to identify blueberry vs raspberry. I'm SURE they would happily leave off blueberries and add extras of the other berries, or come up with something non-berry.

I wasn't offered a bite, so I will assume it was!

That was at brunch. I would guess the gf souffle would be at dinner, just like the non-gf one, maybe? In any case, DH wasn't offered options - our server just said the chef would make him something special since the chocolate-covered strawberries were the only safe things on the buffet (which was obviously pretty lame as the only dessert). I am sorta curious why the champagne jello/berries thing wasn't safe, as an aside. Anyway - DH says the sorbet flavor was raspberry, and he kind of sucks at identifying flavors but probably could be trusted to identify blueberry vs raspberry. I'm SURE they would happily leave off blueberries and add extras of the other berries, or come up with something non-berry.

Thanks. Interesting there was nothing - the lady who does the GF in Orlando blog had more options on the table than just chocolate covered strawberries.

Oh well... I guess I'll see for myself soon!

ok wonder travelers how about some pictures of tianas?
IMG_1154.JPG

I stink, LOL! That's literally all I have for you from Tiana's, other than shots of my kiddo with the characters. I couldn't begin to explain why I photographed the kids' menu and nothing else. You can see the dip that goes with the bread on the right, at least...

The water glasses were actually pretty cute, reminiscent of Depression glass, in different colors. Our assistant server said they were already being asked if the stores would be selling the glassware. However, some colors made it hard for the servers to see if they were full or empty, so I don't think the servers were necessarily fans!

My mom and I really, really loved the beignets. We actually didn't care to dip them in espresso-chocolate dip that accompanied them - just liked them plain. While I have no photos, I can tell you that I enjoyed the shrimp and grits appetizer, the pickled gulf shrimp and satsuma orange salad, and the sea bass entree (although I found the fennel unnecessary). DH had the prime rib, which isn't actually a cut of beef he prefers, but was I believe the only gluten-free option listed that night on the regular entree section. He ended up loving it and preferred it to the steak he had in Palo.

editing b/c apparently the standard abbreviation for "assistant" is not clearing through the filters LOL

So the beignets are only served at a dinner for dessert?? Beignets are my favorite and was hoping to have everyday ! Lol I board Sunday on the Wonder.

So the beignets are only served at a dinner for dessert?? Beignets are my favorite and was hoping to have everyday ! Lol I board Sunday on the Wonder.
They are only on Tiana's menu the one night, and they don't serve lunch in there. A member of my meet group reported that her grandson loved them so much, her server got them from Tiana's when they were in another dining room the next night, so you could try that! I wish I had thought to ask! Our server was kind of meh, nothing wrong with him, but he didn't do magic tricks for the kids or go above and beyond in anyway, so he never offered even after we sang praises of the beignets. My mom ate 2 orders that night, by far her favorite, as she's not a big eater and is not the type of person to order multiple dishes for a course on a cruise at all. It was lucky for her that a couple of us ordered that as our 2nd dessert, b/c we wanted to try more than one thing. :)

They are only on Tiana's menu the one night, and they don't serve lunch in there. A member of my meet group reported that her grandson loved them so much, her server got them from Tiana's when they were in another dining room the next night, so you could try that! I wish I had thought to ask! Our server was kind of meh, nothing wrong with him, but he didn't do magic tricks for the kids or go above and beyond in anyway, so he never offered even after we sang praises of the beignets. My mom ate 2 orders that night, by far her favorite, as she's not a big eater and is not the type of person to order multiple dishes for a course on a cruise at all. It was lucky for her that a couple of us ordered that as our 2nd dessert, b/c we wanted to try more than one thing. :)

Tiana's and Tritons share a galley, so if you were going to order things of a different dining rooms menu, those are the easiest to switch between. I'm not saying your servers won't accommodate requests from/for animators, but it's just a bit more complicated and might take more time...

popcorn::This thread is making me hungry. I sail on the Dream on Monday, so I will try to remember some pictures!

I should not be looking at this forum pre-dinner. I shall be sharing our photos in May when we cruise Alaska. :cool1:

Do you recall if you had to request this gluten free dessert at Palo ahead of time or is it on the menu?
Neither, actually... We had noted DH's gluten allergy (really celiac, but it's always logged as an allergy) for the cruise reservation in general. I don't remember noting the gluten issue specifically on our Palo reservation, though, unless I'm spacing about that being an option when making the online reservation? There were no allergen notes on the Palo menu (unlike MDR menus that have dairy and gluten noted now), desserts or otherwise, but our server immediately talked to the chef and said they would accommodate his entree requests as much as possible. And it was while we were getting the buffet tour (as she pointed out things that were fine for him vs not safe) that she said the chocolate-covered strawberries were the only things on the dessert side that he could eat - so the chef would make him something special. There was no conversation about WHAT it would be that I can remember, but honestly, he's not picky, so that wasn't something he would have pushed for details about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter