Picky Eaters...

lmf70

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide which restaurants to try next trip but after looking at some menus most of the ones that are appealing to me and DH may be too exotic for the kids (12 and 14).
Anyone else have experience with this ??:confused:
DS does not eat potatoes of any kind except fries !! Would a place like Le Cellier substitute fries on request ??
Also, I saw a burger on Kona's lunch menu - does anyone know if it's available for dinner also??

Thanks for any suggestions !!:goodvibes

most of the restaurants are very accomodating. But, your kids may surprise you!! We were at the World in 1999 when the kids were 8 & 14 and we refer to this trip as "Chicken Nuggets around the World" because that's all DS would eat. Well, we went to Brown Derby one night and, you guessed it, NO NUGGETS. He had to get a grilled chicken breast with VEGETABLES!!!! Ok, he cleaned his plate and asked for seconds. Who knew?!?!?

So my advise is try some different places. And don't be afraid to ask for something plain or with sauces on the side, or for a hamburger that's not on the menu. Have a great time!!!

They will do as they can but sometimes it's not much .
Both DD and myself are very pickey eaters and still fine plenty to eat at WDW. We also know the places not to go and DW will go alone sometimes for a great meal as we ride the rides.

Also Hi from another in MD>

Yes, we have have this problem. I have a picky husband and a four year old that hardly eats anything anymore. I cannot allow my son to just eat chicken and fries for a week, which he would if I let him. So, we have gone through every menu on Disney property to find places we can get food everyone will enjoy. With 300 or so places, it is possible. I will say on the dining plan, we have yet to find an app. he will eat of the kids menu. He will not eat soup or cut, fresh veggies which seems to be the standard choice. So we eat his or it just sits there (oh well). Lucky for me, my two year old will eat anything that I eat!

Sit-Downs We ALL Liked:
1) Sci-Fi in MGM
2) Liberty Tree in MK
3) Trails End at the campgrounds
4) Garden Grill in Epcot
5) All the breakfast buffets work for the picky eaters
6) Captain Jacks in Downtown
7) Big River Grille at the Boardwalk

We are trying in October for th first time:
1) Chef Mickey
2) Tony's Town Square

I eat ANYTHING, but am married to Mr. Meat & Potatoes John Wayne. We also took 3 teens one year and like PP I simply would not allow them to eat burgers and fries for 3 meals a day. Here is what they all liked: O'Hana (BIG hit with them, "meh" for me), food court in Epcot, food court at resort, Donald's Breakfast (soon to be closed.) Hubby also shocked the socks off me by loving Boma!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter