Photoshop CS2 Reinstallation

ukstitch

<font color=deeppink>I'm not sure I'm quite your a
Apparently Adobe have decided to release photoshop CS2 (from 2005) as a free download.

The site has currently fallen over in a heap trying to cope with all the demand, but hopefully things will settle down.

Obviously there's a number of features missing from it when compared to the newer versions (both of full photoshop and of photoshop elements) but it could be well worth taking a look at when you consider that adobe has been the industry standard for quite some time.

It's also worth noting that this is the entire creative suite and not just photoshop.

The windows version should be compatible with most windows versions - the mac version requires OS X 10.6 (snow leopard) or less.

UPDATE:

Adobe have responded to clarify that this is only intended for people who already own CS2 products as they have disabled the activation servers and therefore "broken" reinstallation (they are now providing install files and special serial numbers that do not require activation online for people who require them). I've therefore removed the link to ensure that this thread isn't seen as promoting the downloading of them when people are not elligible for them. Hopefully adobe will have informed their CS2 users somehow - if not then a google search should reveal the links required.

That's huge, thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately, the feature most tempting to me, is only in the most recent releases.
"Content aware" looks awesome.

But maybe I'll have to give CS2 a try.

I was using CS2 until year before last when I got my laptop. It is still really good photo editing software.

The suggestion is that this has something to do with them having shut down the activation servers for CS2 in December.

With that in mind, hopefully they'll do something similar with the "newer" versions of photoshop as time goes on. Photoshop is very powerful software, so even these older versions are likely to be useful to some people - especially people who would otherwise look towards GIMP and other free / low cost software.

Adobe says "no", not free, you must have a valid copy already. However, I do not see any means of knowing who has a valid copy (I do so I downloaded the file).
One catch is that the latest RAW converter available for CS2 probably does not support many recent cameras. The answer may be to use LR4 or Elements for RAW then export the PSD to CS2 (is that enough acronyms?).

I understand that this application is not compatible with the latest versions of OSX.

OKW Lover said:
I understand that this application is not compatible with the latest versions of OSX.

Past 2 versions. I have to go between my old MacBook Pro and my new retina pro when I need to use cs2 when I need to.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter