Photos from Fantasy Eastern Concierge cruise

What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?

• Riding the Aquaduck

• Dining in Palo and/or Remy

• Relaxing in the Rainforest Room

• Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime

• Shopping on shore and/or on ship

• Sailing with Mickey and Minnie

Results are only viewable after voting.
P5210080.jpg

This room service steak sandwich tastes better than it looks. We all enjoyed it though the onions were too strong for mom.

YUM!!

And perhaps 'Pirates Night" is a good time for Remy? First and last nights are probably out, so that leaves the 5 other nights.

And it's just the 2 of us--me and Mrs. U.

Wonder if they could ever get away with something like an "adults only" hour on Aquaduck? Or would there be a general howl of protest???

YUM!!

And perhaps 'Pirates Night" is a good time for Remy? First and last nights are probably out, so that leaves the 5 other nights.

And it's just the 2 of us--me and Mrs. U.

Wonder if they could ever get away with something like an "adults only" hour on Aquaduck? Or would there be a general howl of protest???

Our friends say that dinner at Pirate Night in the MDR was their least favorite. If you do it that night you should still see each of the MDR twice on your cruise.

We used the aquaduck when the line was less than 10 minutes and the kids were cute - a lot went with a parent.

P5210204.jpg

One chandelier in the main dining room.

And the chandelier above our table, the center Royal Court table.

P5210207.jpg

P5210210.jpg

P5210213.jpg

breadbasket

P5210220.jpg

the kingly high back chairs at this table are incredible! With our Scottish friend (who looks like Mr. Incredible) seated at the seat facing the entrance to the Royal Court, and three ladies on either side of him. People really stopped to ask who we were. Sister wives?

P5210216.jpg

duck appetizer

P5210222.jpg

I also had the salmon from the lighter side menu.

P5210224.jpg

Loved the uniform to night our head waiter, Jaime wore.

P5210231.jpg

left over cake from the vow renewal!

P5210232.jpg

P5210235.jpg

There were a number of birthdays being celebrated around the room that night and someone came up to us at this point to say they wished they had gotten this cake. When sis tried to explain this was from a vow renewal the guy walked away.

P5210236.jpg

Our vow renewal cake was vanilla with fudge frosting - so many layers! Very good but so much!

P5210239.jpg

Our server, Lily from Canada, gave us covers to take our slices of cake to our rooms to enjoy tomorrow - we were too full for dessert!

P5210249.jpg

These drinks look MUCH better than they are. They have very strange and unique ingredients including a floating chili pepper in one and paprika in another. The drinks are about $10 each and they have a deal that it is 8 drinks for $68 - I think that was it. Our Scottish friends treated and bought the deal. We all picked out drinks from the menu, which has two theme drinks from each city - the cities that the walls depict as they change skylines.

P5210250.jpg

Sis doesn't drink and ask for something nonalcoholic, the waiter said the drinks don't taste like alcohol and she said, that wasn't what she meant and he suggested a nonalchoholic beer. She said no thanks and then he said he would bring her something. He ended up going to the Tube and had a frozen fruity drink made that she enjoyed a lot. We were all jealous of her with our absolutely disguesting drinks.

P5210254.jpg

this drink was mine, unfortunately. It has blue berries floating at the top and an entire herb garden in the bottom.

When the server asked we said the drinks were undrinkable, the bartender took them back and replaced them with appletinis and cosmos that were much much better, but alas not on the menu.

P5210256.jpg

Man, this report is making me want to upgrade.....but I don't think we can afford the extra $2000. Glad to be living vicariously though your concierge experience. :)

Would you like to see photos from the vow renewal and our hair salon appointments?

Here you go!

P52100252.jpg

Us at the salon. Mom, Sis and I all got our updo's done at the same time. They have three hairdressers and three stations on the Fantasy.

P52100262.jpg

Sis' hair with hair clip from Steinmart ($3.99 or something like that)

P52100292.jpg

P52100302.jpg

P52100312.jpg

P52100322.jpg

P52100372.jpg

P52100652.jpg

mom's vow renewal outfit

P52100562.jpg

P52100492.jpg

This is a great photo spot for the vow renewal couple -
P5210059.jpg

DSCF0113.jpg

here's the Outlook Lounge set up for the ceremony

DSCF0119.jpg

Would you like to see photos from the vow renewal and our hair salon appointments?

YES, YES!! Loving the trip report and pictures and we are planning on doing our vow renewal in 2014 so would love to see the pictures!!! :banana:

Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your trip report. Thanks for including so many pictures! We are going on the Fantasy Western in April 2013 (with CaliforniaGirl09 who posted earlier), and we will be in concierge (one-bedroomn suite -- 12026). I was excited before, but now am I drooling over all of the concierge facilities and amenities. :yay: I am looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

DSCF0120.jpg

Captain Marco - I know, Italian cruiseship captians must be having a harder time these days. Captain Marco was a very sweet captain. He told my parents, who had written statements for each other, that it was the nicest wedding he had officianted in his 14 years as a captian. Dad even wrote a poem (something I have never known him to do) for mom.

Included in the wedding/vow renewal is a two tier cake - you have to eat it while on the ship - nothing can be brought back through Customs. You also get a bouquet and boutineir, flowers on the table, a souvenier cake topper, a souvenier cake knife set, a champagne and sparkingly apple juice, and pianist.

DSCF0131.jpg

Libo was their onship wedding coordinator. He was very efficient and professional. He had another wedding just before ours to breakdown and set up ours. He was amazing! The room gets entirely turned around.

DSCF0143.jpg

We brought these photos of mom and dad from their wedding in 1976 to place around the room.

P1010006.jpg

Libo made the heart out of rose petals. You got to pick your color.

P1010008.jpg

On top of Libo, there was a server and the captian came with two cast members as well who stood in the back.

P1010013.jpg

view from outlook lounge - this is not often open - check the Navigator to see when it is open as a public lounge.

P1010014.jpg

table flowers
P52100662.jpg

Pianist was very good. You got to pick your songs from a pretty limited list, but it was nice.

P52100682.jpg

P52100692.jpg

P52100702.jpg

P52100832.jpg

P5210084.jpg

these are candies we had made back in Naples and brought for the guests.

P52100862.jpg

P52100872.jpg

P5210121.jpg

mom's bouquet - we upgraded to the calla lilies since they are mom's favorite. Sis and I treated our parents for the vow renewal. They joked that we just wanted to make sure we were legal.

P5210134.jpg

P5210154.jpg

P5210155.jpg

Ok, have drooled enough myself now. You've made a believer out of me for cruises. It's always been on our list of things to-do, but I may have to bump it up a couple of notches.

This probably is a pretty bone-headed newbie question that I could look up elsewhere, but maybe I'll bug you. :) Putting aside concierge for a moment, since I doubt we'd be able to swing that for a first cruise, are there "major" expenses that are not included? I'm guessing that dinners at Remy and Palo are OOP. Obviously, hair appointments, manis/pedis would be too. Excursions . . . but did you find with either this cruise or your first one that you wound up spending a lot more OOP than you thought you might given a cruise's all-inclusiveness billing?

Ok, have drooled enough myself now. You've made a believer out of me for cruises. It's always been on our list of things to-do, but I may have to bump it up a couple of notches.

This probably is a pretty bone-headed newbie question that I could look up elsewhere, but maybe I'll bug you. :) Putting aside concierge for a moment, since I doubt we'd be able to swing that for a first cruise, are there "major" expenses that are not included? I'm guessing that dinners at Remy and Palo are OOP. Obviously, hair appointments, manis/pedis would be too. Excursions . . . but did you find with either this cruise or your first one that you wound up spending a lot more OOP than you thought you might given a cruise's all-inclusiveness billing?

It can add up - obviously this year we had a lot of extra expenses especially with a Cabana at Castaway Cay. But last year on the Magic going non-concierge, I think I spent an additional $250. That included two excursions, dinner and tea at Palo, and Souvenirs. I don't drink alcohol so didn't have expenses there. My sister's bill was actually less despite the bar bills. Although she was getting a lot of drinks for free :rolleyes1

oh and that doesn't include tips but you can prebudget those. I usually go higher than what the suggested amount is.

YES, YES!! Loving the trip report and pictures and we are planning on doing our vow renewal in 2014 so would love to see the pictures!!! :banana:

very exciting! let me know if you have any specific questions. we booked about a year in advance the vow renewal - they only do three or four each cruise.

Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your trip report. Thanks for including so many pictures! We are going on the Fantasy Western in April 2013 (with CaliforniaGirl09 who posted earlier), and we will be in concierge (one-bedroomn suite -- 12026). I was excited before, but now am I drooling over all of the concierge facilities and amenities. :yay: I am looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

Very cool!!

So I am going to help with posting some pictures. I guess these were on my camera and my sister somehow missed them when she transferred my photos to her laptop. So this is my first time posting pics. Hope it goes ok!

This was on my parents bed that evening (We snuck in to take pics before they were back from dinner)

2.jpg

notice the hidden Mickey

5.jpg

They get to keep this as a keepsake

4.jpg

another hidden Mickey in the bridal bouquet

6.jpg

Plates from Palo

3.jpg

And this was the towel animal in our room that night

1.jpg

P5210199.jpg

I snuck aboard the cruise mom and dad's champagne glasses from their wedding in 1976. Sis complained that I didn't clean them before packing them in my carryon. I thought they were frosted glass! Guess they were reallly dirty! Sis got them cleaned up though.

P5210181.jpg

P5210180.jpg

P5210178.jpg

P1010041.jpg

Libo did all this on my parents' bed while they were at Palo dinner.

P1010040.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010029.jpg

P1010036.jpg

from Palo that night - they brought them back to their room to show us.

P1010035.jpg

DSCF0153.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter