DD running to give Darby a hug!
47b8dc20b3127cceb4ce2399dd2b00000025109DZtWzVqQ

And the hug
47b8dc20b3127cceb4ce200f1c1400000025109DZtWzVqQ

DD at the BBB
47b8dc20b3127cceb4ce361e1c0e00000025109DZtWzVqQ

And all of us in front of NEMO at Epcot
47b8dc20b3127cceb4ce4cca9dd700000026109DZtWzVqQ

silly question, but how much does this PhotoPass cost. i'm new to this. :)

PhotoPass is an entire system of roving photographers in the Disney theme parks, water parks, and a few places in the resorts and Downtown Disney.

PhotoPass photographers will take your pic for free, then give you a card with a barcode on it; this card functions as an identifier for you and your pics. Every time you have a pic taken by a PhotoPass photographer, the photographer will scan your card, thus associating the pics with that card. You can scan as many pics with a card as you like.

To view the pics you can either go to a PhotoPass viewing station (there are several located in the parks, Downtown Disney, and at the Grand Floridian), or view them online when you get home.

Here's the complicated part - to view your pics online, first you must create a free account on www.disneyphotopass.com. Then you enter the numbers of however many PhotoPass cards you have (it's best for each person in your party to have one in case you split up while touring). Entering a card number into an account "claims" all the pics associated with that card, and you can then view them.

Once you've claimed your pics, you can also crop them, add borders and graphics to them (such as the logos you see on some of the examples in this thread "Epcot 2007" that sort of thing), and purchase products made from the pics.

Products available include individual prints in 3x5, 5x7, and 8x10 sizes (IMHO these are WAY overpriced!), professionally printed albums, greeting cards, photo DVDs, and the most popular product - photo CDs.

PhotoPass photo CDs are simply a dump of all the pics in your PhotoPass account, including all of the cards you entered, plus all of the copies you made with borders and graphics, at the full resolution recorded by the digital SLR cameras that the PhotoPass photographers use (Nikon D70s, mainly). Basically, these pics are all 6 megapixels or better.

A PhotoPass CD will generally only hold 300 pics, but if your account has more than 300 pics in it, they will be split onto multiple CDs at no extra charge.

The photo CD also includes a legal release granting you full rights to print and use the photos any way you choose, excepting commercial applications. The main reason for buying a PhotoPass CD is to take the pics from it to cheap printing places like Snapfish or WalMart to have them all printed. You can also email the files to Aunt Marge in Boise if you want, print them at home, Photoshop the daylights out of them, or whatever you want to do (for personal use only) - because you OWN the pics.

The PhotoPass CD is $125, but you can pre-order it for only $99.

Thank you so much to everyone for sharing your photos. They came out great, we are definately going to buy photopass. My DD will be 2 1/2 I can't wait to see the magic in her eys.

Loving this! This thread should be a sticky! Giving me some great ideas for where to get pictures made when we go in Oct.! :banana:

brandi~momof3, where did you get the Happy Anniversary pins? My DH and I are going to WDW in May for our 6 yr anniversary and I would love a pin!

Where else but diensy can someone whose not Rich and Famous have their own professional photographers!!! It is extra great at waterparks... and special parties (MNSSHP), and at dinners where you can buy the photos (ie chef mickeys, you can have the pix's added to it if you buy them), and.. well just everywhere!!!

image74.jpg

Chef Mickeys
image405.jpg

Cinderella's Royal Table
image359.jpg

MNSSHP
image280.jpg

image246.jpg

image150.jpg

image144.jpg

image121.jpg

image206.jpg

image214.jpg

Grand PhotoShoot
image521.jpg

yes, PhotoPass uses a mix of D70s and D80s (the D80s are being phased in to replace D70s), but the resolution will remain the same since the photos are transmitted wirelessly in the parks and they're already dealing with bandwidth issues

needless to say, http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass covers everything there is to know about PhotoPass and then some.

Where else but diensy can someone whose not Rich and Famous have their own professional photographers!!! It is extra great at waterparks... and special parties (MNSSHP), and at dinners where you can buy the photos (ie chef mickeys, you can have the pix's added to it if you buy them), and.. well just everywhere!!!

How do you add the pics from Chef Mickey's? In Nov we went o the Hoop De Do and were told that we could not add these pics to our photopass even though we purchsed them.

How do you add the pics from Chef Mickey's? In Nov we went o the Hoop De Do and were told that we could not add these pics to our photopass even though we purchsed them.

unfortunately it's too late now but you were misinformed. if you purchased the photos, you should be able to note a photopass like number beginning with EVNT printed on the 8x10. that could have been entered like a normal photopass card and you would have gotten every photo the photog took added to the photopass. the envelope containing the smaller photos should also have pointed out they could have been added to photopass

see http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass/index.php#dining for more information

I shall test the theroy of will they let you add the pics from Donalds Breakfast @ Tusker House to your photopass in the morning. I will ask stright up. "we already pre paid for the CD package, can we add these pics"

I would rather not debate if it is right or not, but just see if they do it?

unfortunately it's too late now but you were misinformed. if you purchased the photos, you should be able to note a photopass like number beginning with EVNT printed on the 8x10. that could have been entered like a normal photopass card and you would have gotten every photo the photog took added to the photopass. the envelope containing the smaller photos should also have pointed out they could have been added to photopass

see http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass/index.php#dining for more information

right! what he said (Bradk)

I used the number for one set and had them do it at the parks for the other.
As you can see, you can also do "addons" to the pix's that are offered through photopass... I will say this.. it was not easy to have them do it at the parks due to a bit of misinformation and misdirectioning.... no-one was quite sure how to do it or where to go... that's why I just did it myself the second time around... using the numbers on the photo's

sorry you missed this opportunity... maybe you could try entering the numbers now, I don't see how they would be deleted if you never entered them??? I'd call photopass, tell them what happened and se if they can give you access to just those photo's... probably a longshot as they may delete them on a 60 or 90 day schedule... my motto.. it never hurts to ask
and.. you have nothing to loose and everything to gain...
Good Luck

The photopass guy has us posing for the longest time with this one. Eventually he came up behind us and put his arms around us both and went aaawwww. It was really funny. :rotfl:
image013.jpg

And a couple more..
image048.jpg

image070.jpg

brandi~momof3, where did you get the Happy Anniversary pins? My DH and I are going to WDW in May for our 6 yr anniversary and I would love a pin!
at the desk at the resort, but you can also get them at guest services in the parks :)
Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a wonderful trip.

I'm a little confused about getting the photos from like Chef Mickey's added onto your photopass. Do you have to purchase a copy there and then get the number off of the photo purchased? Or do you just copy it down from the one that they bring around to the tables? I'm still trying to decide whether or not to buy the CD.

You must buy the picture to get the number at Chef MIckey's since the picture is not part of the meal price, if you want to the photo, you buy it when they bring it to your table. At Cinderellas, the picture is part of the price, you get the photo regardless, no additional fee. We bought chef mickey's and added it and cinderellas to our photopass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter