Photopass+ character meal photos -extra charge?

Okay. I did purchase the pp+ so I can get these photos in November... But if they arnt included, I don't want them at all. Last time I told them at 1900 park fare not to take my photo because I can't afford to buy them when you come around. They looked at me like I had 5 heads for not wanted to get my photo taken. I feel like when they come around, you HAVE to buy this picture... Does anyone else feel forced to buy them?

Okay. I did purchase the pp+ so I can get these photos in November... But if they arnt included, I don't want them at all. Last time I told them at 1900 park fare not to take my photo because I can't afford to buy them when you come around. They looked at me like I had 5 heads for not wanted to get my photo taken. I feel like when they come around, you HAVE to buy this picture... Does anyone else feel forced to buy them?

With the PP+ you will get the digital files of the photos put on your card - where the query is over the physical photo at the restaurant.

Before we used PP+ we always had the photos taken but vary rarely did we buy them - only if they were really good. I had no problem in saying no.

We just have the original photo pass card (here at the moment) and have had our character meal photos added to the photo pass card. So saying photo pass plus will include the digital photos isn't any better. I am going to go in and ask at MK tonight when we go to MNSSHP as we have pre ordered it for January, we don't do the rides so I'm not paying extra $50 for no other privileges.

We just have the original photo pass card (here at the moment) and have had our character meal photos added to the photo pass card. So saying photo pass plus will include the digital photos isn't any better. I am going to go in and ask at MK tonight when we go to MNSSHP as we have pre ordered it for January, we don't do the rides so I'm not paying extra $50 for no other privileges.

See this is what is don't get - if they are letting the restaurant photos be added to the regular pp then the only benefit of buying pp+ is the attraction photos as it seems you can get the digital files at meals either way!

See this is what is don't get - if they are letting the restaurant photos be added to the regular pp then the only benefit of buying pp+ is the attraction photos as it seems you can get the digital files at meals either way!

See this is an error on the part of mis informed and confused (who could blame them!) CM's as far as I see it. I'm glad Tinks got the pics, don't get me wrong. But as per the present protest - why pay an additional $30 plus another $15 to get your voucher for FP+ when aside from attractions, you're getting the same deal?

I don't necessarily feel forced, but
1.i do feel bad saying no, I mean I'm saying no to a picture of my family!
2. The pictures are normally the ones where my kids all smile and look the same way lol so of course I want the picture!

This was the reason I got pp+ I just don't see why last yr when it came out they added the hard copies, now because it was popular they take them away!!!!

You don't have to buy the pictures.

If you have Photopass Plus you get the digital pics added to your card without the need to buy the pictures. It is the prints you don't get, but you are free to print your own :goodvibes

If you do not have PP+ and only have the regular PP card, then you would need to buy the print to get the digital image scanned to your card.

So you still get all those pics mentioned. :thumbsup2 But you only get the physical prints where it is part of the meal package price, if that makes sense

I am by no means saying that this is a fair deal on Disney's part, but hopefully it reassures you that you do still at least get the digital images if you have PP+ and you do not have to buy prints to get the digitals. If a CM tells you otherwise, it would be worth asking to see a supervisor or someone else who could help you because this is part of your entitlement

I know u don't have to buy the actual pictures, but I want them lol!
We have always at every place that did a photo package brought the package!

I love them and every year we add one to our wall, that's why I purchased the plus again!

Now ok my boys love having ride pics but its not enough for the increase!
Such a shame I also emailed to see what response if get and got the one saying they was still included lol,
At least I know to be disappointed in advance other will get a not so nice shock!

I know u don't have to buy the actual pictures, but I want them lol!
We have always at every place that did a photo package brought the package!

I love them and every year we add one to our wall, that's why I purchased the plus again!

Now ok my boys love having ride pics but its not enough for the increase!
Such a shame I also emailed to see what response if get and got the one saying they was still included lol,
At least I know to be disappointed in advance other will get a not so nice shock!

When is your trip? I would suggest printing out the email and taking it with you as proof/back-up in case you run into trouble at a pp+ meal!

Sorry to jump in on this late but I'm just as frustrated by all this too! Bought PP+ for our trip this Christmas week solely for the meal photos as it is unlikely that we will get onto many rides as have a DD4 and know queues will be crazy so plan to just enjoy the ambiance and let her take the lead this time. If I no longer get the packages at meals I am annoyed I have paid for postage to UK etc when I bought in Aug off the old site.

My question is, has anyone yet asked Disney if they will refund the PP+ including the shipping? I think I will be wanting to do this as can't see the benefit of having it over normal PP?

Sorry to jump in on this late but I'm just as frustrated by all this too! Bought PP+ for our trip this Christmas week solely for the meal photos as it is unlikely that we will get onto many rides as have a DD4 and know queues will be crazy so plan to just enjoy the ambiance and let her take the lead this time. If I no longer get the packages at meals I am annoyed I have paid for postage to UK etc when I bought in Aug off the old site.

My question is, has anyone yet asked Disney if they will refund the PP+ including the shipping? I think I will be wanting to do this as can't see the benefit of having it over normal PP?

PP+ is not refundable. BUT, on my gallery CD from last year, as well as this year, it says "Not refundable if seal is broken" which implies to me that if you don't open the gallery CD and can return it in it's original sealed state, that you should be able to ask for a refund (?) I am sure they will find a way around that.

However, before you do that, although you do not get the actual prints, you do still get all your photos as digital images with the release to print them yourself so you will get those photos added to your card. I know there are reports of those with the regular PP getting meal photos added to their card but IMHO I believe that this is going to be short lived as it never has been part of the arrangement and I am fairly certain this is down to confusion and miscommunication with CM's

My latest reply:

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for your interest in our new Disney PhotoPass+ offer.

At this time, only digital copies of your images are included on the
PhotoPass+. Please keep in mind, products and promotions are subject to
change at any time, therefore our dining locations will be able to
provide you information of what is included at your reservation once you
are on your vacation at the location.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Alycia Sixers
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 407-560-4300

Not happy but interested to what actually happens in practice.

So in theory you can pay for something in good faith and it can turn out totally different. Surely trades description act covers sold as seen?

So in theory you can pay for something in good faith and it can turn out totally different. Surely trades description act covers sold as seen?

Well you would think so, but clearly that's not the case!!
Guess ill be shelling out extra on top of what I already paid for Pp+ to get the packages I thought was already included!

Well you would think so, but clearly that's not the case!!
Guess ill be shelling out extra on top of what I already paid for Pp+ to get the packages I thought was already included!

Is it the presentation folders that you are wanting with your pics that you are going to pay for? You can get them printed from your digital images really cheaply here. Not that I am suggesting it is a waste if you really want the presentation folders they bring the prints in - I really do get that - but as you say, on top of PP+ it's a [significant] additional outlay!

Is it the presentation folders that you are wanting with your pics that you are going to pay for? You can get them printed from your digital images really cheaply here. Not that I am suggesting it is a waste if you really want the presentation folders they bring the prints in - I really do get that - but as you say, on top of PP+ it's a [significant] additional outlay!

Hello,
Yes it's the folders I was after, I know they are stupidly expensive and we may only get 1 or 2 now we have to pay for them, the reason we get them is,
When we 1st started going with the kiddos we would get every meal package photo! So now we have the boys from every yr :) we always have the group pictures up then pop the folders away. I guess it's become a tradition for us lol.

I do love the presentation folders but they don't change haha! So maybe we will just get Ohanas as it will be our 1st time there.

So, I have sent another email complaining that one CM told it was included and the next CM told it was.

I've just received the following email which clears some things up, and I shall print it for my upcoming stay

I do apologize for the confusion, conflicting information and inconvenience that this has caused. I am sorry for the wrong information in the email I sent you on 10/02/2013. That was an error on my part.

At this time, PhotoPass+ DOES still include the print packages for participating dining locations. I think the confusion is, that during the transition of being able to use MagicBands as PhotoPass ID cards (we are sorry but PhotoPass+ cannot yet be linked to your MagicBand), we were scanning ALL dining photos to PhotoPass ID cards if it was requested by a guest that was not on PhotoPass+ if it was requested, but NOT giving out print packages unless it was at Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus. What has stopped, is scanning digital images to NON PhotoPass+ guests. PhotoPass+ guests still get the digital and the print version of their dining photos at this time.

With Disney PhotoPass+ you can have all your Disney PhotoPass Photographer photos PLUS select Attraction photos AND Dining photos – All for one price of $199.95.

If you have already Pre-Purchased on our website, you may choose to upgrade by either calling us or responding to this email with your order number and arrival date.

Product Details:

- Disney PhotoPass+ is sold at all PhotoPass sales centers located throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.

- With Disney PhotoPass+ you will receive all your Disney PhotoPass photos and digital copies of select Dining and Attraction photos taken within a 14-day visit to the Walt Disney World Resort.

- Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and order a Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc with all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.

Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:

- Disney PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard

- A gallery CD with over 400 stock photos

- A unique code to order a Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc with all your photos online at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com

- Photos at select Dining locations

- Digital Downloads of select Attractions

Participating Attractions:

- Space Mountain

- Splash Mountain

- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin

- Test Track

- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

- Rock ‘n Roller Coaster

- Expedition Everest

- Dinosaur

Participating Character Dining Locations:

- 1900 Park Fare

- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast

- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

- Chef Mickey’s

- Cinderella’s Royal Table

- Tusker House Restaurant

- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

- Pirates League

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Christine McCool

Guest Support Team

Disney Photo Imaging

Phone: 407-560-4300

UK Law unfortunatly doesn't cover products bought and to be used in the USA. I don't know if they have anything similar but there is always a disclosure that things can change blah blah

So, I have sent another email complaining that one CM told it was included and the next CM told it was.

I've just received the following email which clears some things up, and I shall print it for my upcoming stay

2 more emails on the same day with the exact opposite answer again :rolleyes:

You have to wonder don't you :rotfl2:

bumping this thread to report that this morning at ohana's we were given the picture package, no question asked.

we'll be doing chef mickey tonight, fingers crossed ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter