Photopass+ character meal photos -extra charge?

arieliwish

I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty,
During our trip Aug/Sep this year we had 3 character breakfasts at Akershus, Ohana, and Chef Mickeys. DD and DS got the character photos and these were brought to us during our meal. The Akershus and Ohana ones were just given to us with no extra charge but the Chef Mickey's one we were charged $30+, we assumed this was correct as the photo was in a booklet with recipes etc so we paid.

When we got home I emailed PP+ as the breakfast pics weren't showing on my account and to ask about the charge for CM's. They emailed back to say all the pics were now on my account and to email my receipt for a refund for the pic we were charged for. I did this and have got this reply back:

Dear Lynn,
Thank you for your request for assistance with your dining photos. Unfortunately, for the past couple of months, our Disney PhotoPass+ no longer includes the separate dining package photos in the cost of the package. If you would like a refund, please contact the Mail Order Merchandise department on the bottom of the reciept photo package and they will be able to help you with your refund procedure.
Thank you for using our Disney Photo Pass system.

Does anyone know if this is correct? I'm not bothered if we have to stand the charge but am confused by the different info I've been given.

:confused3

I don't know - we didn't have any problems in July.

If it is confirmed I don't think we will do the PP+ again as the value for us is in getting the physical photos at the dining locations.

I agree. If that is right, it's disgraceful. It says nothing about that on their site as far as I can see (although I have just skim read. Will look more closely later). People who have used PhotoPass for years will now feel slightly cheated and will be less likely to use the service in future I reckon so Disney may have just shot themselves in the foot with that one. I know I've no experience to draw on but certainly seems they're trying to cut costs when people are spending a fortune just to holiday there!

I really hope this is not true!
One of the only reasons we bought the PP + was so we would have all
The photo packages!
We have Tusker house
Ohana
Chef mickeys
Booked for this reason! We have always bought the packages,but the cost of the + part won't be worth it to me.

The difference between photopass and photopass + is supposed to be that you get dining and ride photos!we have all payed $50 more for this reason.also photopass is refundable if for some reason you didn't like photos whereas + is not.
Also they now charge $30 for uk delivery compared to $15 a few months ago.
I have ordered this time as I have lot of meals booked where you supposedly get the package but next time I will give it a miss.
Universal option is only $49 fir digital downloads or $75 to have all photos printed at park!

Yeah, we booked for the character meal pics as we doing 1900 Park Fare and Tusker House. Wanted to do others but couldn't get reservations at time convenient to us. I know they will be in my PP+ account but hard copies would've also been a great memento.

The difference between photopass and photopass + is supposed to be that you get dining and ride photos!we have all payed $50 more for this reason.also photopass is refundable if for some reason you didn't like photos whereas + is not.
Also they now charge $30 for uk delivery compared to $15 a few months ago.
I have ordered this time as I have lot of meals booked where you supposedly get the package but next time I will give it a miss.
Universal option is only $49 fir digital downloads or $75 to have all photos printed at park!

We used the Universal Star Card package last year and it was a fantastic bargain (especially compared to Photopass +).
$40 for unlimited digital copies of in-park photographs , ride photos, and 1 free print.

So is it the hard copy prints they have removed or do you not get the digital pics either?

The changes with Photopass have caused a bit of chaos and confusion, with staff and guests alike.

Between myself and some other DISers, we have emailed PP over the course of the last 12 days asking for clarification on the delivery charge for the voucher and CD.

There have been no fewer than four varying stories between us.

One of our UK DISer's phoned and was told it could be added to the reservation package and the charge could be avoided by collecting it this way. I then called and asked WDTC UK to do the same with mine and the agent was completely confused saying there was no option on the system to do this, although it may be added in the future.

Another email from Photopass Plus said that this was not possible.

Yet another stated that it could be done, but that this would be at the full purchase price and would exclude the benefit of the reduced pre order price and the PP+ package would be subject to tax as though you bought it there.

For anyone who is quick and able to now if you still want PP+ I found a loophole last week. The old site is still active but won't be for long. I had bookmarked the original pre order page and went in through that and what do you know .... it takes you to the old site and the initial $15 was not charged and my order has been confirmed as shipped :scratchin

I am tempted to order another one since they don't expire but then .... for the sake of $15 ..... is there any point

We used the Universal Star Card package last year and it was a fantastic bargain (especially compared to Photopass +).
$40 for unlimited digital copies of in-park photographs , ride photos, and 1 free print.

I will def do this.seems such a good buy.

Email sent to PP customer services asking the question :thumbsup2

Lee - can you PM me the old link please? :goodvibes

Between the possible removal of the actual prints, and the 14 days of refillable mug, this trip is beginning to look like a headache waiting to happen ...

I must say that color prints were a big incentive in my decision to purchase PP+
If they take this off, knowing that you only get a picture at the entrance of restaurants, sometimes without even a character (spirit of aloha, chef mickey, ohana, ... where you only get a picutre with a statue or a decor) it would be a very poor value compared to the ride package you can also buy for ride pictures.

There would no longer be any appeal to purchase the PP+ as you can always ask the CM to take the picture with your own camera.

PP+ would become useless, plain and simple.

It is! Although it got the price wrong - we paid $50.
A dedicated app on your phone allows you to view your pics same day too.

More info here.

and tips on getting the best from it here

you can't link that site, due to DISboard's policies (don't ask why, you just can't)

the link to the prepurchase for photoconnect is here : https://presale.amazingpictures.com/PhotoConnect.aspx

bought mine a few weeks ago, you get an email voucher with a barcode to print and redeem at universal.

no expiration so far. But may not last forever

Between the possible removal of the actual prints, and the 14 days of refillable mug, this trip is beginning to look like a headache waiting to happen ...

Aint that the truth!!!!!!

DD was lamenting the fact last night that it's "sooo long to June it's unbearable ..." etc. My immediate thought was "I'm not sure it's long enough, given the recent, current and upcoming changes!"

Email sent to PP customer services asking the question :thumbsup2

Lee - can you PM me the old link please? :goodvibes

Of course I will!! I have it bookmarked on my laptop so will do it when I get home tonight (have put reminder on phone as not relying on memory only at the moment!) :goodvibes

Sorry to jump on here with a Photo Connect question but just wondered if they have plenty of photographers dotted around the park to take pics of you just chilling in the park as well as M&G, ride pics etc. Trying to weigh up whether or not it would work for us given my son won't want any of the BIG rides (he may not be tall enough for some anyway even he did become a rollercoaster enthusiast overnight! Lol!) :)

Thanks for the replies all of you, I see the issue is baffling all of us!

The Chef Mickey's pic we were charged for was on our second of three breakfasts, so we weren't charged for the first or the third at all. I was happy when I got the email back saying email a copy of the receipt for a refund, but then the reply I copied into my post on here has really confused me and appears to say there are charges for photos now. :confused3

I don't know whether to proceed with trying for a refund or to just leave it and move on. It's $30+ which is neither here nor there, and if they refund to the card I paid with then it's to my FairFx card anyway.

I'll think about it over the weekend and I really need to order my PP+ cd too.

:goodvibes

I don't know the specific dates you were there but we were there 9/8 -30/8 and we had several meals were photos were taken. We were given the actual photos and also will have them on a disc, we were not charged for any of the photo packages! :confused3

I don't know the specific dates you were there but we were there 9/8 -30/8 and we had several meals were photos were taken. We were given the actual photos and also will have them on a disc, we were not charged for any of the photo packages! :confused3

I'm guessing that they sneakily put the change in when they launched the new website. I believe it was around 5th September or a week or so after that, which may be why changes are suddenly being noticed now.

It is a bit strange that they don't honor what you paid for at the time of purchase. I would have thought that what was offered on the website at the time of purchase was the service paid for and that they would fulfill it at least for orders placed and paid for prior to the change.

A few years ago we did a resort photo session at the Polynesian. I booked and paid for it. After I had paid they increased the price and removed the photo print package that came with it. However because I had placed my order and paid before the change came in (literally a few days!) I still got the prints and the made that clear when we checked in. I didn't even have to ask. I wonder if they are hoping that with so many changes going on right now, fewer people would notice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter