Photographing Pets

Bunny
266314279_4ddc0738ef.jpg

I don't particularly like (or dislike) cats, but that one.. :love:

I have a black torti cat with orange patches sort of, so she is difficult to get a good picture of. I am going to post one to see if anyone can offer suggestions on how I can capture her without my picture being too dark.

carmen.jpg

And wow! You all have such cute pets! :) I especially love metallicat's shammy.

I have a black torti cat with orange patches sort of, so she is difficult to get a good picture of. I am going to post one to see if anyone can offer suggestions on how I can capture her without my picture being too dark.

carmen.jpg

And wow! You all have such cute pets! :) I especially love metallicat's shammy.

Very cute!!

My cat's mother was a torti. Shadow is pretty much just black, but in the right light, I can see a bit of orange spots on her.

As far as tkaing her picture, maybe if you were able to take pictures out in the sunlight, if she goes out....or with the sunlight coming in the window onto her.

I had that problem with my old camera but my new Canon S3 does a lot better.
IMG_0018.jpg

This is Slash. he has been missing for a week. We are so sad.:sad1:

"the girls"

"taking in the morning sun"
IMG_5008ed3.jpg

"and watching the deer in the yard at night"
IMG_0093ed1copy-1.jpg

IMG_0956ed.jpg
IMG_0973-1.jpg

I had that problem with my old camera but my new Canon S3 does a lot better.
IMG_0018.jpg

This is Slash. he has been missing for a week. We are so sad.:sad1:

Oh no. I hope Slash comes home soon. maybe he is just out tom catting or something. he is really pretty. I love shiny black kitty cats.

Everybodys pets are just precious and beautiful. I especially like the german sheppards pictures. :love:

I'm loving all these pictures! All of your pets are beautiful!

theblondebee, I hope Slash turns up soon.

pisco, all of your pictures were great, but loved these three the best because they made me gasp (#1) and LOL (#2&3)!!

Are the Shiloh's brother and sister? They remind me so much of my own brother and sister pair, I'll have to hunt down an old picture of them to post.

Keep em coming! paw:

Thanks for the invite Pea-n-Me :goodvibes

I am in no way a professional but here are some of my pups:

:dogdance: Toby :dogdance:

Disney05WilliamToby204.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

:dogdance: William :dogdance:

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

WilliamToby002.jpg

snip...

pisco, all of your pictures were great, but loved these three the best because they made me gasp (#1) and LOL (#2&3)!!

snip...

Are the Shiloh's brother and sister? They remind me so much of my own brother and sister pair, I'll have to hunt down an old picture of them to post.

Keep em coming! paw:

Thanks so much for the kind words Pea-n-Me. The Shilohs are brother and sister but were born 1 year and 10 days apart. Nico is the younger of the two but outweighs his sister by at least 20 pounds now. He is huge!

So is are your brother/sister pair Shilohs as well? If so, what breeder did you buy from? Can't wait to see the pics.

kdibattista, the 3rd pic of Toby (in the snow) is great! It looks like he really loves the cold weather.

I don't personally own any pets, but I managed to get this shot of Simon while we were cat-sitting for friends:
38451674.jpg

Here are a few shots of my girls Stitch and Cali, Stitch is the darker of the two, Cali is the Calico mostly white. Our Cali is now six years old and Stitch is 9 months old. Below are also a few shots of my Grandmother's new boxer puppy I took last week.

100_4681.jpg

100_5261.jpg

100_5265.jpg

100_5464.jpg

100_5513.jpg

100_5475.jpg

pisco said:
The Shilohs are brother and sister but were born 1 year and 10 days apart. Nico is the younger of the two but outweighs his sister by at least 20 pounds now. He is huge!

So is are your brother/sister pair Shilohs as well? If so, what breeder did you buy from? Can't wait to see the pics.
How big are they? I've only had GSDs, but the two I had for many years were also brother and sister one year apart. Here is their picture (and I've added it to the first post), taken in 1993, when Kayla, the female, was only about 6 months old [and just spayed] and Cody was about a year and a half. This is from a framed picture I keep in my bedroom, had to scan it in, etc, but it's one of my favorites of the two of them.

When she was fully grown, Kayla ended up larger than Cody - she was about 106 lbs, he was about 88. Kayla is the dog in the OP sniffing the kitten, and Cody is the one laying with and licking the kitten. They were so gentle. One day when I was visiting my brother's house with them, my DH called me to come see something, and there they were sitting on the front porch with a friendly neighborhood cat between them, all three of them relaxed and scanning the neighborhood, LOL. I miss them so much, they were two of the best dogs you could ask for. :sad1:

Plymouth176.jpg

This is also one of my favorite pictures of them. They were around 5 and 6 years old, my twins were about 5 weeks old, this was our Christmas card that year. (I've got to do something about the red-eye.)

TwoTwins003.jpg

That photo is adorable, I can see why you would have choosen it to be your Christmas Card, it's priceless.

What a cute photo of your dogs and twins, Pea-n-Me! If you want some tips on how to get rid of red eye on the dogs, I remember a thread that was either started on here or had the topic brought up in it on how to get rid of the flash reflection in dogs' eyes. You might want to see if you can turn that up in a search.

Thanks, guys! I've tried to remove the red eye with the basic imaging software installed on our computer to no avail. But we recently installed Photoshop so I think we'll have better luck with that, and maybe we can even sharpen the colors. Will try tonight. I think I'm also going to try to get up to the beach today to see if I can get some shots of my dog with my new S3. It's :cold: up there, though...

How big are they? I've only had GSDs, but the two I had for many years were also brother and sister one year apart. Here is their picture (and I've added it to the first post), taken in 1993, when Kayla, the female, was only about 6 months old [and just spayed] and Cody was about a year and a half. This is from a framed picture I keep in my bedroom, had to scan it in, etc, but it's one of my favorites of the two of them.

When she was fully grown, Kayla ended up larger than Cody - she was about 106 lbs, he was about 88. Kayla is the dog in the OP sniffing the kitten, and Cody is the one laying with and licking the kitten. They were so gentle. One day when I was visiting my brother's house with them, my DH called me to come see something, and there they were sitting on the front porch with a friendly neighborhood cat between them, all three of them relaxed and scanning the neighborhood, LOL. I miss them so much, they were two of the best dogs you could ask for. :sad1:

Plymouth176.jpg

This is also one of my favorite pictures of them. They were around 5 and 6 years old, my twins were about 5 weeks old, this was our Christmas card that year. (I've got to do something about the red-eye.)

TwoTwins003.jpg

Really great looking dogs! I love the attentive look from both of them on the shot at the beach.

To answer your question, Nico is at least 120 (I am guessing 130 but I haven't had him weighed in a while) and Belle is around 100. My wife is 5'4" and Nico can stand with his front paws on her shoulders and is as tall as her. But he is the most gentle dog I have ever owned. He is a huge momma's boy and is extremely gentle with the cats and our much smaller Chow Chow.

How do you guys avoid red eye, closed eye, scary eye'd photos? And yet turn out such vibrant shots?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter