Photo Sharing: Olympus, 4:3, Micro 4:3

Truly amazing photos everyone!!

Here are a measly couple of mine..LOL

flower3b.jpg

pinkflower.jpg

Lynn, I know someone who's into horses who's mare just had a foal. She invited me to come take some pics of them after I mentioned your Kentucky Derby pictures! So I'm going to try to get over there soon. The weather here has been so awful it's been challenging to get new material!

Lynn, I know someone who's into horses who's mare just had a foal. She invited me to come take some pics of them after I mentioned your Kentucky Derby pictures! So I'm going to try to get over there soon. The weather here has been so awful it's been challenging to get new material!

Linda, I wish I had the clout and the money to get that close to a Derby winner!:rotfl: But as I mentioned in the previous post, those pics were from last July.

That should be fun with the mare and her foal. We're going to Shakertown on Memorial Day weekend and they have had 10 lambs born this spring so far. Looking forward to it. I know what you mean about the weather. We had the coldest May 17th on record yesterday and the rain didn't help any. We don't need any more of this!

Flood-4288422-L.jpg

This is a field, not the river.

Aprilflood-4248405-L.jpg

Flood-4288421-L.jpg

The weather here has been awful, too. I'll post some foggy harbor pics shortly.

But I thought I'd post this guy whom I came across yesterday - until I can get out to see the foal. :rotfl:

E30 50-200

P5181856.jpg

Also, meet the newest addition to our family, Remy.

E30 50-200

P5181974Ef.jpg

(Gus, the hamster in the OP - and one of my favorite subjects to shoot - sadly, passed away this week.)

The weather here has been awful, too. I'll post some foggy harbor pics shortly.

But I thought I'd post this guy whom I came across yesterday - until I can get out to see the foal. :rotfl:

E30 50-200

P5181856.jpg

Also, meet the newest addition to our family, Remy.

E30 50-200

P5181974Ef.jpg

(Gus, the hamster in the OP - and one of my favorite subjects to shoot - sadly, passed away this week.)

Linda, I'm so sorry about Gus. The new one looks adorable! And I love the name. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of him.

E-PL2 and Panasonic 20mm

AroundLondon-4051315-L.jpg

Day1London-4010748-L.jpg

AroundLondon-4051341-L.jpg

E-PL2 and Oly 14-42

1247050647_RVjKE-L.jpg

Linda - so sorry to hear about Gus :sad1:

Lynn - I like those Pen photos!!! The dramatic tone filter rocks

I was just about ready to pull the trigger on the E-PL2 but now I have a change of plans. I'm using the fund for:

Metz 50-AF-1 Flash
Cheetah Qbox24 softbox
2 sets of Cactus V5 flash Triggers

Well, back to square one on the Pen :rotfl2:

Linda - so sorry to hear about Gus :sad1:

Lynn - I like those Pen photos!!! The dramatic tone filter rocks

I was just about ready to pull the trigger on the E-PL2 but now I have a change of plans. I'm using the fund for:

Metz 50-AF-1 Flash
Cheetah Qbox24 softbox
2 sets of Cactus V5 flash Triggers

Well, back to square one on the Pen :rotfl2:

Thanks Joe! You're going over my head with the cheetah and cacti!:rotfl2: That's one area I really need to improve on (not the only one!). I need to really learn how to use the FL-36R. Is the Metz similar to the FL-50?

You know the rumor is that they're coming out with a new PEN. You can save your money up for that.;)

I can do something similiar to the dramatic tone filter with Topaz, but I'm not crazy about post processing. I haven't played around with the other filters, but what I really like is that if you have the camera set to shoot RAW, the filter is applied of course only to the jpeg, so you have both versions instantaneously.

With Olympus Viewer, you can also apply any of these filters to any RAW image you have (provided the camera used to take the photo has the filter).

I haven't used the PEN much since we've been back from London. If we're just going over to family or friend's houses, I'll take the E-600, just because I have the 12-60mm and the 50mm. I'll take the PEN to the zoo and other places like that when I go. In London I could really tell a difference with the size and weight. You wouldn't think it would be that much smaller than the 600, but it really makes a difference.

We're tagging along with DH when he goes to a symposium in San Diego next month. The 600 will stay home and I'm really looking forward to using the PEN at Disneyland. I may take my flash with me though. I didn't take it to London and missed it in some cases.

I need to really learn how to use the FL-36R. Is the Metz similar to the FL-50?

I can do something similiar to the dramatic tone filter with Topaz, but I'm not crazy about post processing.

The Metz I mentioned is priced similarly to the FL-36R but because it uses 4 batteries instead of 2 the refresh rate is better and it has a little more power. It is also the only other brand I know that offers wireless capabilities with Oly cameras. They do have another model, AF 58 that is on par with the FL-50R

I was thinking your London images looked like they were processed with Topaz Adjust. That dramatic art filter is very cool!!

The weather here has been terrible. Rain and fog, especially along the coast.

E30, 50-200 Straight JPEGs, no editing

P5181899.jpg

P5181864.jpg

P5181872.jpg

P5181871.jpg

P5181880.jpg

P5181886.jpg

P5181889.jpg

P5181901.jpg

P5181921.jpg

P5181913.jpg

P5181939.jpg

Good series Linda....you really captured the mood of this East Coast weather that we have been having :thumbsup2

Nice shots Linda!:thumbsup2 I've never been to New England, but some day...

We actually missed out on storms here today - it looked really ominous and lots of thunder, but we only had a few drops. So, I could finish one of my big projects this weekend. I bought a pressure washer today and cleaned the pool deck. Optimistic for better weather, I guess.

And it really needed cleaning! Yuck! E-PL2 with 14-42mm, straight out of camera.

i-NB6M6FhL.jpg

i-9FsTCm8L.jpg

The finished result! Ready for that margarita now!:cool2: Although after going to Cincinnati yesterday and helping DD24 move and then working outside all day today, I think a margarita would about do me in!

i-VgvgNjV-L.jpg

A few from this year's baseball excursions...

All E30, 50-200 (Can you tell what my favorite lens is??)

All straight JPEGS (which I am LOVING!!)

My DS

P4301426.jpg

P4030630.jpg

Fences bum me out!!

P4100970E.jpg

Fenway Park

P5051797.jpg

P5051780.jpg

P5051790.jpg

P5051830.jpg

P5051832.jpg

Here's another thread of randomness from me..lol

I love how this one turned out considering that, other than the lights in the topiary, there was zero light on this display at night.
PC114275b_filtered.jpg

stitch.jpg

Not the clearest picture. The wind was really something that night, but I like the glow effect from the windblown lights.
PC124515.jpg

WrestleMania XXVII at the Georgia Dome
P4035571.jpg

Zoo Atlanta
P4025354.jpg

Lynn, gorgeous pool!! :cloud9:

Thanks Linda!

My latest shot on Flickr, and it's WDW related!

World Showcase Great Britain and France by Scott Future, on Flickr

I like the colors on this. What type of post processing did you do?

Nice shots Mr. MouseFan. I love WDW at Christmas.

I haven't been taking many shots the past couple of weeks, but we leave in the morning for a couple of days at Shakertown. My friend we're going with said today she wants to learn how to use her DH's camera, which is a Nikon D50, and asked me if I could help her out with it.:banana: I'm excited because even though I know several people with nice cameras, none of them really is into photography that much.

Hope to have some nice shots to show in a few days! In the meantime here are a couple from our visit last September.

999775034_mrwc8-L.jpg

P9055804-L.jpg

I like the colors on this. What type of post processing did you do?

Pretty straightforward in the grand scheme of things

1) Merged two exposures in CS5

2) Back to Lightroom where I did some basic adjustments and noise reduction

3) I thought the sky was a little bright so I did a gradiant where I darkened the sky which really helped the tonality of the sky

4) I used the Pro Contrast filter in Nik Color Efex Pro, but I found it made the water too "crunchy"

5) So I used an adjustment brush with negative sharpening to improve that a little bit. Still a little crunchy though IMHO.

After the merger it all took me 5 minutes with the bulk of it being experimenting with Color Efex Pro (love it) and deciding what to do with the water. If I had Color Efex Pro that worked in Photoshop I could've made a layer with a better water, but in hind sight I probably wouldn't have bothered anyway. This shot is probably only worth five minutes max in post, as unless a shot is special in some way I'm not going to spend any more time than that.

Scott

I'm looking to get a new lens for my 510. Right now, I'm looking at the 35mm F3.5 macro ($229) and the 50mm F2.0 macro ($499).

If I get the 35mm, will I wish that I had just waited and got the 50mm? I'm wanting to improve on portrait/people shots and in lower light. Any pros and cons with these two lens? I'd love to hear your opinions on these lenses or if you have them and how you use them--which would you choose?

Thanks!!:wizard:

I'm looking to get a new lens for my 510. Right now, I'm looking at the 35mm F3.5 macro ($229) and the 50mm F2.0 macro ($499).

If I get the 35mm, will I wish that I had just waited and got the 50mm? I'm wanting to improve on portrait/people shots and in lower light. Any pros and cons with these two lens? I'd love to hear your opinions on these lenses or if you have them and how you use them--which would you choose?

Thanks!!:wizard:

Kim....my advise would be to wait for the 50mm. That lens is probably the best value of all of the Olympus lenses. Also, the 50 is a better portrait length than the 35 in my opinion.

The only drawback would be for macro use. The 35 is a true macro lens, meaning you get 1:1 magnification where the 50 is a 1:2 magnification (a close up lens but not true macro).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter