Photo Connect Information

2. When you get to the park, go to one of the photoconnect centers - there's one right inside the entrance of each park. Show them the email, and they'll give you a lanyard and star card.

Every time you get your picture taken by a photographer, give them the card. Every time you get off a ride that takes pictures, go to the photo counter and show them the card. That will put the pictures onto your account.

Does anyone know if you can add pictures taken before you get the lanyard and star card to the card later? We will be doing early entry, and would prefer to book it for WWHP right away, and then come back to the photoconnect center!

Does anyone know if you can add pictures taken before you get the lanyard and star card to the card later? We will be doing early entry, and would prefer to book it for WWHP right away, and then come back to the photoconnect center!

You can definitely do it for the wandering photographers or character photo ops - they'll give you a photoconnect card that you can add to the star card when you pick it up. I'm not sure about the ride pictures - we already had our star card before the first ride.

Is there anyway to have activated for longer than 5 days if you don't have an ap? We are going for two weeks and I have a universal planned for once at the beginning, middle and end. So does this mean I would have to buy two passes if I wanted the pictures from all 3 trips?

Have you already bought your Universal tickets? An AP is actually cheaper than the 14-day Flex Pass!!

Without an AP, I don't believe that you can activate the package for longer than 5 days....

you can extend your package after the initial 5 days at a discounted rate for non annual pass holders for additional 5 days. We asked Photo Connect team members in the parks.

MAKE SURE you have all your photos before you go home! I just got home and checked my picture account, and we are missing about 5 photos, including ALL of the ones taken in the Harry Potter area. I'm not sure if they could have located them had I realized the next day, but it would have been worth a shot. I also have some photos that are not us, so I assume that family is missing those photos as well.

We are home from our trip and I am having two problems ordering my PhotoConnect CD.

1 - I used the code to add my RRR photos, but it placed them in one album and all my other pictures in a different album. When I go to put the photos on the CD I can only add photos from one album. Is there a way to include them all on the CD?

2. When I put the CD in my cart it is saying $9.99. I know it is included in the preorde package so how to I order it without paying?

You can definitely do it for the wandering photographers or character photo ops - they'll give you a photoconnect card that you can add to the star card when you pick it up. I'm not sure about the ride pictures - we already had our star card before the first ride.

Thanks! That is good to know!

We are home from our trip and I am having two problems ordering my PhotoConnect CD.

1 - I used the code to add my RRR photos, but it placed them in one album and all my other pictures in a different album. When I go to put the photos on the CD I can only add photos from one album. Is there a way to include them all on the CD?

2. When I put the CD in my cart it is saying $9.99. I know it is included in the preorde package so how to I order it without paying?

1. we can't include RRR photos on CD (digital download code starts with HRRR#################), but you can order customized products and download RRR photos.

2. In Account History > Credits > Credit ID number, at checkout plug the Credit ID number into the box "Have a Discount Code?"
Then click proceed to shipping
Shipping & Handling (drop down box) in USA
USPS Standard $4.77
FedEx Ground $12.26
2nd Day Air $23.62
Overnight $54.82
(you see a credit $-9.99 and confirmation page)

1. we can't include RRR photos on CD (digital download code starts with HRRR#################), but you can order customized products and download RRR photos.

2. In Account History > Credits > Credit ID number, at checkout plug the Credit ID number into the box "Have a Discount Code?"
Then click proceed to shipping
Shipping & Handling (drop down box) in USA
USPS Standard $4.77
FedEx Ground $12.26
2nd Day Air $23.62
Overnight $54.82
(you see a credit $-9.99 and confirmation page)

Thanks!

well darn it :mad:

I was checking on this for an upcoming trip & wanted a definite How much for the add on for the prints in the park,, so I called the photo connect people.. & they tell me next week they are STOPPING the in park print add on. :headache:

they say their other package is not changing but....... you never know.

they also tell me that the photos on the disc are NOT high resolution, you will probably get nice 4x6 or 5x7 but you will NOT get any 8x10's.

I have read on there that some have gotten high res .jpgs on their discs,, yes ? no?

I was so almost sold to this,, especially since I could have gotten a bunch of prints for the price of one... dang it....

yes the cd is nice of a bunch of .jps, but I really like prints...........

what to do now.............especially since you cannot get an 8x10 out of them.:confused3

well darn it :mad:

I was checking on this for an upcoming trip & wanted a definite How much for the add on for the prints in the park,, so I called the photo connect people.. & they tell me next week they are STOPPING the in park print add on. :headache:

they also tell me that the photos on the disc are NOT high resolution, you will probably get nice 4x6 or 5x7 but you will NOT get any 8x10's.

BUMMER! I was also counting on both of these things, too:sad:

I just went to preorder and it is now saying only 3 consecutive days! I am going on a Sunday, Wed, and Friday during my upcoming trip.
Anyone know how much it costs to add more days? Is it like buying another card ($49.95?)

Also, do they mail you something or do you just take a printed receipt to the park to get your card?

My experience with PhotoConnect last week, before the plan was changed to 3 days:

I had some trouble when I got to the park with getting the annual pass package (which is basically the same as the regular package, but is good for one year). I was told that you CANNOT preorder on-line and get the annual pass package. I was also told that I also could not get it because I ordered the PhotoConnect before I ordered my annual pass. This was at the Harry Potter photo area, so I may have gotten a different story at the actual PhotoConnect store. Regardless, they did activate my PhotoConnect for a year. But anyone who has/will have an annual pass may want to consider holding off and purchasing it in park.

The change to 3 days happened while I was there. While not actually posted anywhere, I was told that the change also included a new deal on prints. $2 for a 5x7 and, I think, $5 for an 8x10.

I asked about additional days and was told $25+tax for three more days.

I really liked the service, though. I've got about 80 pictures in my account (a lot of duplicates, though, since when you stop at the store they will put borders on almost everything). And they are the only pictures I was able to get with my daughter and I together. I only wish there were more photographers roaming around the park!

I just wondered if anyone could confirm that the deal to add on the prints for additional $25 has indeed ceased? I was really looking forward to that :(

any recent users of this?

would like up to date info ( just missed their office hours & in route to florida area.)

are ANY prints included in this?
what is the quality of the prints when you print them off a disc ( they told me a few months ago that you should not expect great copies)

the new yearly package, can you use ANY yearly pass for this?

is there any reason to pre-order this? they don't say if there is a discount

where do you pick up your passes, etc?

is there a current list of photographers in the park!

I'd like to add my recent experience with the package .
there are some recent threads on here asking some questions about this, hopefully they can find their way here.:)

first off I wanted to say how jealous I am of those who got the package last year, you had several perks with that, including a cd & special photo pass, plus they also had an add on for $25 for all the prints you wanted IN the parks,,, sigh,,, they seem to keep taking all the good stuff out.

so we were at Universal in feb. & had weighed IF we really wanted the package. But , thought what the heck, so I ordered online ahead of time.

there are 2 programs now ( BUT they seem to change every few months, so check back). it is $49.95 online ($59.95 in the park) for 3 days of photos. BUT if you have a yearly pass you can get the whole year for the SAME pricing! <now that is a deal>

for that price you get to download all your photos from the website PLUS they give you a 5x7 & a 3x5 in the park of photos of your choice. this is what takes a long time, scrolling through the photos to choose the 2 to be printed. if you can look online while at the parks & choose, that will cut your time. remember if you wait till closing , there will also be a LOT of people trying to also get their photos.

the ones online are NOT superior download/print quality, they tell me you will not get good results if you want an 8x10. BUT you can purchase 8x10 in the parks, for $10.

You can ONLY get a print out at harry potter of that ride, they do not have that photo in the front of the park, but you can get it online.

major suggestion, take the few extra minutes at EACH ride to have them embellish them, it would take way too long at ONE time for them to do it at the front of the park, & for some reason , as someone else mentioned they are spotty in saving all the changes. I was there for 30 minutes getting stuff changed & then looked online & they were NOT saved. make sure you ask "are they saved"!!! Also, they have several different borders, have them do a couple different ones. they save the original photo & EACH version they make in your online folder.

I did not really care for any of the ride photos, like hulk, as you are pretty windblown, but hey, its a photo. at most rides they can just pull your row, or just 2 of you in the picture, instead of the whole car. Have them do it a couple ways, it doesn't cost any more, just adds to your total of photos to choose from!

suggestions:
when entering each park, seek out the front photographers. make sure you have the photo "also" done with hands outstretched in front. they put 'something' in your hand. not many choices though, at IOA its a choice between a hatching Dino, a lizard, woody woodpecker, AT US, they have Gingie, the U.S. globe, there are a few others , but not much.

Spiderman: you HAVE to go through the regular line to get the photo, its in front of a backdrop, they pull you out of line for it.
across the street from spiderman they have you take a picture WITH spiderman.

Jurassic park: by the t-rex. the photo is superimposed over a background that has "A" t-rex in it. its a really nice backdrop,, BUT you do not line up exactly as you are in the real spot. I wanted to do some fun shots, like hubby offering t-rex a beer or pulling his hat away from his mouth, BUT we did not line up correct on the final shot, they were able to move us slightly, but we were actually behind t-rex in photo, so his hat could not be in his mouth & his claw was on my head.:worried: I wish I would have known before & had the photog take a picture of us with OUR camera, which he was doing for others.

Did not see any photog on bridge by harry potter in 3 days we went.

men-in-black - they will put either an alien or a men-in-black agent or Fred in the seats with you (or over another person)..do not forget the ray gun effects.

at simpsons there is an outdoor booth, where you sit on a HARD HARD couch ( they warn you it is hard) . look at the photos out front so you can plan ahead of your pose for these.

at ET you go into the store for your photos. one is sitting in the closet with ET ( take the pose where your fingers are pointing or touching & they put a glow on it) the other is where you are sitting on bicycles.

the longest line we had was at shrek, especially since they took breaks often, sometimes Fiona was not there. think of something clever to say to donkey.

across the way is transformers, they had a variety of different transformers during the day.

hope this helps:lovestruc

I'd like to add my recent experience with the package .
there are some recent threads on here asking some questions about this, hopefully they can find their way here.:)

first off I wanted to say how jealous I am of those who got the package last year, you had several perks with that, including a cd & special photo pass, plus they also had an add on for $25 for all the prints you wanted IN the parks,,, sigh,,, they seem to keep taking all the good stuff out.

so we were at Universal in feb. & had weighed IF we really wanted the package. But , thought what the heck, so I ordered online ahead of time.

there are 2 programs now ( BUT they seem to change every few months, so check back). it is $49.95 online ($59.95 in the park) for 3 days of photos. BUT if you have a yearly pass you can get the whole year for the SAME pricing! <now that is a deal>

for that price you get to download all your photos from the website PLUS they give you a 5x7 & a 3x5 in the park of photos of your choice. this is what takes a long time, scrolling through the photos to choose the 2 to be printed. if you can look online while at the parks & choose, that will cut your time. remember if you wait till closing , there will also be a LOT of people trying to also get their photos.

the ones online are NOT superior download/print quality, they tell me you will not get good results if you want an 8x10. BUT you can purchase 8x10 in the parks, for $10.

You can ONLY get a print out at harry potter of that ride, they do not have that photo in the front of the park, but you can get it online.

major suggestion, take the few extra minutes at EACH ride to have them embellish them, it would take way too long at ONE time for them to do it at the front of the park, & for some reason , as someone else mentioned they are spotty in saving all the changes. I was there for 30 minutes getting stuff changed & then looked online & they were NOT saved. make sure you ask "are they saved"!!! Also, they have several different borders, have them do a couple different ones. they save the original photo & EACH version they make in your online folder.

I did not really care for any of the ride photos, like hulk, as you are pretty windblown, but hey, its a photo. at most rides they can just pull your row, or just 2 of you in the picture, instead of the whole car. Have them do it a couple ways, it doesn't cost any more, just adds to your total of photos to choose from!

suggestions:
when entering each park, seek out the front photographers. make sure you have the photo "also" done with hands outstretched in front. they put 'something' in your hand. not many choices though, at IOA its a choice between a hatching Dino, a lizard, woody woodpecker, AT US, they have Gingie, the U.S. globe, there are a few others , but not much.

Spiderman: you HAVE to go through the regular line to get the photo, its in front of a backdrop, they pull you out of line for it.
across the street from spiderman they have you take a picture WITH spiderman.

Jurassic park: by the t-rex. the photo is superimposed over a background that has "A" t-rex in it. its a really nice backdrop,, BUT you do not line up exactly as you are in the real spot. I wanted to do some fun shots, like hubby offering t-rex a beer or pulling his hat away from his mouth, BUT we did not line up correct on the final shot, they were able to move us slightly, but we were actually behind t-rex in photo, so his hat could not be in his mouth & his claw was on my head.:worried: I wish I would have known before & had the photog take a picture of us with OUR camera, which he was doing for others.

Did not see any photog on bridge by harry potter in 3 days we went.

men-in-black - they will put either an alien or a men-in-black agent or Fred in the seats with you (or over another person)..do not forget the ray gun effects.

at simpsons there is an outdoor booth, where you sit on a HARD HARD couch ( they warn you it is hard) . look at the photos out front so you can plan ahead of your pose for these.

at ET you go into the store for your photos. one is sitting in the closet with ET ( take the pose where your fingers are pointing or touching & they put a glow on it) the other is where you are sitting on bicycles.

the longest line we had was at shrek, especially since they took breaks often, sometimes Fiona was not there. think of something clever to say to donkey.

across the way is transformers, they had a variety of different transformers during the day.

hope this helps:lovestruc

Wow!!! Thank you so much for the info :thumbsup2 What a legend you are for sharing all of that. It sure does sound like hard work lol

We will be there in a little over 7 weeks so the info is very helpful :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter