Philharmagic! Tower of Terror! Earl! Dinosaur!....and my WEDDING - Packing!

As we stand at the moment there will be 3 of us doing this PTR, but who knows, more people may join in as we have lots of people coming, and I am very quick to recommend the DIS to everyone I know!

The three amigos are:

Torsie

n509625631_3488814_7607.jpg

Most of you probably know me. I’m a hardcore DISer, I love all things Disney, especially the parks and resorts. I joined the DIS in 2008 to ask one question on the DLP board “Should we stay at the Sequoia Lodge or Newport Bay”, little did I know at that moment that I was entering a world of Disney-obsession which would shape not only the next 4 holidays we took, but also my engagement and wedding day! Now, looking back on it:

I am SO glad I found the DIS! Our Disney trips could not have been better, and I can’t imagine how we could ever have planned a more magical wedding. Yay for Disney!

The list of things I’m excited about would take up and entire board, but here are my top 5!

- Staying in the Grand Floridian - Main building baby!
- Going on Tower of Terror with my hands in the air!
- Getting on a park bus on our first morning with the whole trip ahead of us and hearing the Disney Transport man welcome us aboard.
- Taking my Mum on Dinosaur! She will absolutely love it!
- Taking my bridesmaids (and most amazing girls I know) on Philharmagic as they missed it on their last trips!
- Easting a Hawaiian BBQ sandwich from the Earl – mmmmm.

Okay, I know that’s 6 but I think I did very well to keep it to that few! Luckily I have 10 months of this PTR to plan more exciting things!

And to be honest I did leave one pretty important thing off the list, and that’s because although it’s the most exciting thing that will happen on the trip, it’ll be the most exciting thing that will have ever happened to me in my whole life and I didn’t think it fair to include it on a list of hotels, theme park rides and sandwiches (even if they are the best hotels, rides and sandwiches ever!) I’ve dreamt of walking down the aisle since I was a little girl, but I never ever imagined I’d be marrying a man so wonderful, or walking down an aisle so beautiful as I am. I tear up every single time I think about it.

Jack

30494_10150173161245084_821450083_12408866_1872548_n.jpg

Hello, although I have never posted on this board I know my face has been plastered all over Tors’ trip reports, so I may be familiar to some. Since Victoria and I left University we have been to Disney parks three times, twice to beautiful Paris and once to sunny Florida. Although I am no way near as Disney obsessed as Tors is, anyone who knows me knows how much I cherish the imagination, and nowhere is the imagination better realised than on Disney property. Disney World is one of my favourite places I have ever been, and I can’t wait to get back there and explore the worlds the Imagineers and all the cast members have created. Bring on the magic!

Getting married is going to be the highlight of the trip, and believe me, I am so excited to see Tors on the day and take our relationship to the next level. There truly isn’t a more beautiful, sophisticated and peaceful location that my bride to be deserves. However... It is Disney. There are absolutely loads of things I can’t wait to get back to do again or new experiences to try! So following Tor’s suggestion here are my top 5:

- Hotels, I love the top end Disney hotels and I can’t wait to experience new ones
- Friends and family, they’ll be there and I plan on taking full advantage of having full ride vehicles and showing them the magic they’ve never seen!
- Restaurants, especially Sci-Fi Dine-in, the food’s pretty general but the atmosphere and the decor are pure Disney (if only they’d add a flying saucer zooming around the ceiling), plus I’m anticipating the meal to make our trip at California Grill
- Dinosaur, possibly my favourite ride in the whole of DW, combining my favourite ride aspects; fantastic theme work, stuff to see, speed and a unique world within a unique world. I’m gonna get myself some Carnosaur!
- Main Street and Liberty Square, then you know you’re in Disney! Two fantastically themed areas that are brimming with hidden magic
- Walking in the sunshine, hand in hand with my brand new bride. This trip is more than just a holiday, it’s the moment me and Victoria become a family for the rest of our lives.

See what I did there? Added a sixth one, just like Victoria. Call it tradition. So all in all, Tors’ excitement only just peaks mine, and that’s probably due in part to her deep passion for good sandwiches. I can’t wait for next year, and thanks to all you DISers (is that right?) who have already helped Tors make our dreams come true through sharing your experiences and passion for the wonderful world of Walt Disney with her.

Cheers.

Hayley

Hayley is one of our amazing Bridesmaids, and she has recently joined the DIS. We have high hopes for her as she is an amazing girl, and will one day be a world famous chef and will get us into her fancy Michelin star restaurants. Hayley is currently doing her mock GCSE's so is in school as we write this, but will no doubt be on later joining in the PTR!

Wow what a lovely start to your report - I loved reading Claires (Chilly's) WDW wedding plans so I will be eagerly awaiting updates on yours.

Good luck with all the planning and I look forward to reading more

Tammy

Wow what a lovely start to your report - I loved reading Claires (Chilly's) WDW wedding plans so I will be eagerly awaiting updates on yours.

Good luck with all the planning and I look forward to reading more

Tammy
:) Thanks Tammy, welcome aboard. :) I'll be updating a lot today with the plans so far.

Hi Jack - it's nice to 'hear' from you.:) Perhaps you should start posting and get your own name on the Dis?:thumbsup2

Can't wait for the trip report Torsie.:goodvibes

Hi Jack - it's nice to 'hear' from you.:) Perhaps you should start posting and get your own name on the Dis?:thumbsup2

Can't wait for the trip report Torsie.:goodvibes
I hope he will Joolz!! I keep beggin him to!! Come on Jack!

My promise....

In the past I have started many a Pre Trip Report. And have I ever see them through....?

No :(

This one will be different? Why? Well mainly because I need something to get all the Disney out so I don’t drive all my normal (read: non-Disney mad) friends and family mad. And also because I won’t get this planning time back again! And I LOVE planning!

Also I promise to do the most detailed trip report in the world ever! For our trip!

I am talking photos galore, even food photos which I frequently mean to take but get scared for! Not this time though as I want this trip to be documented as much as I can so I can re read it anytime I want to remember the wedding and so it is always something we can refer back to as I love re-reading my TRs, but sadly each time I do I think “I wish I taken better photos, I wish I’d written down more notes”

I don’t want any TR regrets! Please all hold me to this! Especially you Jack and Hayley, if I’m in a long ine in WDW and I’m, not making notes or if I’m eating something I’ve not photographed then shout at me to do so!

Thanks all.

Back to our scheduled PTR! :goodvibes

The plans so far:

I have been itching to start this PTR for ages, and said to myself I’d wait until the flights were booked.

So yesterday was flight booking day!

We managed to get a good deal flying out Economy and Back Premium Economy with Virgin using miles + money. We fly out on the 11.30am on the 24th April, and home again on March 14th on the 7.30pm.

As soon as I was done on the phone booking I went straight online to choose our seats! And I am very pleased with the ones I managed to secure!!

On the way out we have these:

seat1e.jpg

And these on the way home:

seat2n.jpg

Bubble – Yaaaaaay!

Our Resorts for the stay look like this:

March 24th – 29th – Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannah View! (I move out on the 28th Jack is staying that night on his own)

March 28th – 31st – Grand Floridian, Main Building Concierge, Deluxe Room. (My bridesmaids and me on teh first night, then the 29th is the wedding, so Jack and I have 2 nights there after that)

March 31st – April 11th – Beach Club or Boardwalk – We can’t decide!!!

April 11th – April 14th – Bay Lake Tower, Magic Kingdom View

AKL and BLT are booked already!! And we’re so excited for both! We loved AKL so much on our trip in October that we just had to go back!

WDW and wedding planning...I will def be looking forward to hearing more.

Fab start, Torsie - loving the input from Jack... :goodvibes

Please include some of your wedding plans here as I, for one, would love to know more... :bride: :groom:

Fab start, Torsie - loving the input from Jack... :goodvibes

Please include some of your wedding plans here as I, for one, would love to know more... :bride: :groom:
Eeee. Hi Karen, thanks for joining in! :goodvibes

As you deserve a HUUUUGE thank you on behalf of Jack and I, I think it's only fair I do as you ask. I shall start on a wedding plans post now.

I for one (and apparently, not the only one) am really excited to follow your journey. Your engagement TR peaked my interest since my DS and I really enjoyed DLP more than a few years ago. I also enjoyed your wedding planning trip.

Suffice to say .... I'M IN!

p.s. it's so very cool to hear from Jack directly. C'mon Jack, get your user name and dive on in!

It must be soo exciting starting your PTR for your wedding!! - :cloud9:

I can't wait to hear all your plans, your reports are all fun reads!

Wedding Plans

Our big day is Tuesday March 29th.

We are getting married in the Wedding Pavillion which is at the Grand Floridian, on the beach over towards the Poly.

0413.jpg

Our colour scheme is pink and green, and we really want to have loads of flowers in the pavillion, this is our inspiration photo for how we want the aisle with a runner and petals and draped pillars with flowers on:

WeddingPavillionDecor.jpg

Although we will have roses on pillars like these amazing flowers that another Disneybride had:

cm0080351809.jpg

We'll just have the pink and green (and maybe Ivory too)

Then, our reception dinner, first dance, speeches etc. Will all take place in the Whitehall Room in the Floridian.

It is in the convention centre and has a great view of the castle, and also a lovely outdoor patio. It is octagonal and has wondows around msot sides which make it lovely and light.

WhitehallWithTulleCanopy.jpg

Patio:

grandfla011810-425x318.jpg

Our flowers fom the pavillion will become the table centre pieces and we're going to have white draped chairs with pink bows and light green table cloths.

Our cake decoration is still yet to be decided, but flavour wise we are having the top (smaller) tier as chocolate cake with peanut-butter cup mousse, and the bottom will be Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. MmmmmmMMMm!

We are finishing the night with a Fireworks Party a Sago Cay pointe which is out by the Floridian Marina:

7635_282812935083_821450083_9175836_1285540_n.jpg

We are going to have all the yummy desserts WDW offers while we watch Wishes and drink light up pink and green cocktails.

There are still loads of aspects to be decided, but hopefully this has given anyone who's interested a bit of an insight

I for one (and apparently, not the only one) am really excited to follow your journey. Your engagement TR peaked my interest since my DS and I really enjoyed DLP more than a few years ago. I also enjoyed your wedding planning trip.

Suffice to say .... I'M IN!

p.s. it's so very cool to hear from Jack directly. C'mon Jack, get your user name and dive on in!

Aww, thanks so much. Haha, I have tried a few times today to convince Jack to sign up to the DIS but he won't do it! He's reading though as I e-amil him all the updates and bug him till he's read them! :rotfl: Poor man!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, your dog is just adorable! If we ever get a dog it'll most definitely be a pug as we just love them!

It must be soo exciting starting your PTR for your wedding!! - :cloud9:

I can't wait to hear all your plans, your reports are all fun reads!

Hee - it's super exciting!! Why I've started so bloody early! I couldn't hold it in anymore!

Thanks for the compliments. This one is going to be my best work ever, I am so excited to be really thorough as I want it to be my way of remember this moment of my life forever.

oh how exciting, your plans all sound fantastic and your wedding sounds like it will be amazing, I cant wait to read more :thumbsup2

I've pulled up a chair! :surfweb: Your trip sounds great! :banana:

And as for Jack's addition to the report - what a great guy (and a definite keeper!!) :love:. Has he got any brothers for my DD23?

Looking forward to your next instalment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter