• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pharmacies in Couzmel??

poopie

<font color=purple>KS Safairy Princess!<br><font c
I know when in other parts of Mexico I can go to the pharmacy and buy prescription medication over the counter. Does anyone know if there are the the same kind of pharmacies in Couzmel??

Don't really know the answer to the question, but I too have purchased prescription medication OTC in Mexico (many years ago). More recently, I read an article about counterfeit drugs in Mexico (substandard production, not by the true manufacturer etc.) The article showed pictures of packaging with misspellings, poor quality printing etc. I suppose to the average Mexican who is unfamiliar with American drug makers, a misspelled name would not be recognized. Who knows, maybe this was all sponsored by the big American drug makers who don't want you to buy (cheaper) drugs out of the country. Just beware of this possiblity. Look over the product carefully, check expiration dates etc.

Yes, we saw a pharmacy where you could buy prescription drugs over the counter as soon as we got off the ship when we docked in Cozumel. Didn't buy any, but they were there. We were sailing on Celebrity last December (2003).

My holistic buys all his supplies there. If you know what you are doing and have the knowledge, it's worth the savings.

Personally, I'd end up with sugar water or soap flakes!!!!!

Rae

Why would anyone want to buy prescription drugs in Mexico? I don't mean to sound judgemental, but just curious.

Plutospup,

It is usually cheaper to buy prescription medications in another country.
The price of a prescription in Mexico would probably be half of what we pay here in the USA.
You usually don't need a prescription from a doctor, just walk in and ask for the medication by name and they give it to you.
But you can not get narcotic (pain pill) you need a doctors Rx for those type of medications

in Mexico for my BF because he had a $2000 deductible on his health insurance and he needs Celebrex which is VERY expensive here in the USA.

when I was Trying to get pregnany with my twins, I would of went to Mexico.. I didn't have to, but the pharmacy brother up here went to Mexico all the time, to pick up inferity drugs.

having worked many years in the industry, i would be very hesitant about buying drugs that are not manufactured under very strict governmental supervision...
the truth is, if you're on a specific drug from a specific manufacturer, and it's working on you, i would be very hesitant to change to a different manufacturer, even if both are in the US...
there are differences even in the very same drug out of different manufacturers........

here and the one I buy there is the same, it's not like celebrex is for a life threatning condition.

I get Soma by perscription here in the US but I find the Soma from Mexico work better, so I don't necessiarily think that a different manufacturer is a bad thing depending on the condition you are purchasing the medicatoin for.

Originally posted by poopie
here and the one I buy there is the same, it's not like celebrex is for a life threatning condition.

Don't tell my DH with his spinal degenerative arthritis that!!! He's a big celebrex user! YEARS ago before the big info came out about NSAIDS, I had to use naproxyn for my condition - ended up giving me GERD and I've had esophageal reconstruction (thankfully no cancer present). Just be careful with all these medications!!!!

Rae

Don't tell my DH with his spinal degenerative arthritis that!!! He's a big celebrex user

Well with such a condition he sould get more than celebrex.

Then I would not suggest her change his celebrex to a different manufacturer but as my BF is taking celebrex for his foot, he can hae celebrex from Mexico.

I agree with that. DA limits his activity level and he has to be so careful about his weight because increased weight also affects the DA.

We are fortunate to have excellent prescription drug benefits in his health care program, but I also think the cost of medication is ridiculous.

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter