Pete's Solo Shows and the $10 tier

I pay $100 + shipping/handling per year for my D23 Charter membership. I get four magazines and a yearly gift. That's it. Ugh. At this point it's my mind not being able to let go of the coveted "Charter Member" status.

I PROUDLY pay $25 a month for The DIS and get Pete's solo shows, early access to vlogs, behind the scenes videos, blooper videos, and exclusive
patreon only videos. Supporting a group of people I enjoy following on a daily basis, that help me enjoy the magic all the way out here on Cape Cod. I get to visit the parks maybe once every other year, but with these guys it keeps me connected every day. While I don't know them personally (hopefully one day I'll get to meet them!) I feel part of the family in that we're all here for our connected love of all things Disney!

Everyone picks and chooses their battles and supports in life. Not happy with what you get in return paying $10 a month (that's $2.50 a week)? Simply move on and enjoy the incredible amount of content the team provides weekly for free. It will keep you happy just as well!

Have a great day everyone,

Kyle

I pay $100 + shipping/handling per year for my D23 Charter membership. I get four magazines and a yearly gift. That's it. Ugh. At this point it's my mind not being able to let go of the coveted "Charter Member" status.

I PROUDLY pay $25 a month for The DIS and get Pete's solo shows, early access to vlogs, behind the scenes videos, blooper videos, and exclusive
patreon only videos. Supporting a group of people I enjoy following on a daily basis, that help me enjoy the magic all the way out here on Cape Cod. I get to visit the parks maybe once every other year, but with these guys it keeps me connected every day. While I don't know them personally (hopefully one day I'll get to meet them!) I feel part of the family in that we're all here for our connected love of all things Disney!

Everyone picks and chooses their battles and supports in life. Not happy with what you get in return paying $10 a month (that's $2.50 a week)? Simply move on and enjoy the incredible amount of content the team provides weekly for free. It will keep you happy just as well!

Have a great day everyone,

Kyle

Yeah I totally agree with this take, if you don’t want to pay for the content your not getting it...? It’s supplemental to what their doing now you’re still getting all their normal offerings for free.

I don't think anyone's asking anyone to justify their choice to contribute to the DIS on Patreon. Value is subjective.

I personally think the DIS has upped their game with amount of content on Patreon recently. I honestly go back and forth on whether to subscribe or not.

However, I know for a fact I'd subscribe at the 5 dollar level if the solo shows were included. I'm sure I'm not the only one. My guess is that they'd gross more money overall if they dropped the amount.

I also find $10 for solo shows and $25 for early access vlogs is too much for what's offered. They've been kinda advertising Patreon for a while now and only recently pushing it more, but the numbers speak for themselves with only 608 Patreon supporters. There are +100,000 youtube subscribers and advertised 1.5 million disboards members, but only 608 Patreon supporters. Lower tiers with bonus content would definitely push more people to subscribe. I do subscribe to Disney Dish at $4/month and should subscribe to Dis Unplugged at $3, but they'd get more of money if $5 included the solo shows.

I would definitely pay $5 if it included Pete solo shows as at $10 ($120 per year) even with the exchange rate works out at around £92 per year (and knowing my bank would probably need to pay a fee for the exchange into dollars) is more that I pay for Amazon prime..

And that has next day delivery, telly, kindle books to borrow and music....

Although if you can get @Teleclashter to do a show where he sings like he did a few shows ago think that would definitely be worth $10 :goodvibes

Last edited:

I'll do a $100 donation to the charity of Craig's choice for his choice of three full Disney songs with background music. Another $50 for one of songs being a duet with Ryno.
Haha that should totally be an auction item at the upcoming event!!!

$10 isn’t what you’re paying for these solo shows. It’s an addition to everything else provided on the $10 tier...

Let's be real. The Pete solo show is the main attraction. The Patreon was hardly discussed on here until they started adding the solo shows. Before that, all I remember being offered was early access to see content that was eventually offered to everyone.

Let's be real. The Pete solo show is the main attraction. The Patreon was hardly discussed on here until they started adding the solo shows. Before that, all I remember being offered was early access to see content that was eventually offered to everyone.

I will say that in the past few months even without Pete's Solo show they have added a lot more extra content and just a lot more interactivity. I feel like I am getting at least 1 or 2 e-mails a day from their Patreon account ... Behind the scenes fun photos, extra videos from the parks, just a topic/question to create conversation

So for a while it did feel a bit light but I think currently there is quite a bit of content

Of course we would - you are of course referencing the great Greek-American actor Telly Savalas, star of the hit show Kojak

In most cases thats exactly what I am referring to :thumbsup2 but unfortunately on this rare occasion I’m using it as the Anglo Saxon slang term for Television.

Although I’m sure that’s where the slang term derives from, his power house performance and the only reason you would put it on to watch lol...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter