Pescetarian CS in AK?

Leota

DIS Veteran
I'm pouring over the menus, thinking I gotta be missing something...... is there any good CS for pescetarians in AK? I mean, I would expect a Theme Park whose Theme is Conservation of the Natural World to offer & maybe even encourage people to try / eat a vegetarian / pescetarian diet. It seems the perfect place for this, but yet, I don't seem to be able to find much besides snack type stuff. :confused:

Can anyone tell me if they've been successful at eating veg / pesce at CS in AK? What did you have & did you have to go thru the whole bother of seeing a mgr?

I thought flame tree used to have a salmon dish. I had delicious mahi mahi at yak and yeti, not cs but seriously delicious.

We found a shrimp poboy at Restaurantasauras in Dinoland last year for the pescetarian in our family. She liked it ok, but did ask for the sauce to be left off which they didn't do at first. They made her another with just shrimp, lettuce, and tomatoes. Yak & Yeti CS had a shrimp & noodles dish.

Thanks, I checked for those again & didn't find any of them anymore.... Neither Flame Tree nor Y&Y C/S have anything suitable on them - maybe the salad at FT with no chicken? (Depends on dressing, I can't do egg except a tiny bit in baked goods, intolerant)
Restaurantosaurus had a veggie sub, but I had bad luck eating there before so never checked them.... might have to give that a try. I did find a quinoa salad at Tamu Tamu but the one pix I saw of it didn't look very appetizing. Their Fruit Salad looked good tho.

Still seems very odd to me for a Natural World Inspired Park that's pushing a Conservation message :confused:

Disney seems pretty active in their conservation efforts, but conservation of animals typically used for food is not a message I'd expect them to promote. I'm guessing most people wouldn't choose to eat CS seafood (hard to do it right), and Disney serves what they can sell. Pizzafari has veggie pizza. Flame Tree has a fruit platter. You probably would do better with TS, although I know it's difficult to do that for every meal.

. . . is there any good CS for pescetarians in AK? . . .

1) Not to worry.
2) WDW and AK makes allowances for everyone.
. . . Lutherans
. . . Catholics
. . . Presbyterians
. . . Methodists
. . . Pescetarians

:)

I'm pouring over the menus, thinking I gotta be missing something...... is there any good CS for pescetarians in AK? I mean, I would expect a Theme Park whose Theme is Conservation of the Natural World to offer & maybe even encourage people to try / eat a vegetarian / pescetarian diet. It seems the perfect place for this, but yet, I don't seem to be able to find much besides snack type stuff. :confused:

Can anyone tell me if they've been successful at eating veg / pesce at CS in AK? What did you have & did you have to go thru the whole bother of seeing a mgr?

"Pescetarian" caught my eye as I was scrolling through threads because I'm a pescetarian and nobody ever knows what that is! :confused3

It IS hard to find CS at AK for pescetarians, but I found a great stand in Asia that makes summer rolls with peanut dipping sauce, edamame in the pod, and cold veggie noodles. It's to the left of the entrance to Flights of Wonder. :banana:

Thanks Sweetcreams! I'll look for it.

We're in the middle of moving to the area and we won't always be doing big sit down meals - more often popping in to a Park for an attraction or two & a quick bite. TS seems easy. We have been to WDW a bunch of times, but not as pescetarians

1) Not to worry.
2) WDW and AK makes allowances for everyone.
. . . Lutherans
. . . Catholics
. . . Presbyterians
. . . Methodists
. . . Pescetarians

:)

I was thinking the same thing! :rotfl2:

Not familiar with this type of diet. What's it like?

Carlyzmom said:
I was thinking the same thing! :rotfl2:

Not familiar with this type of diet. What's it like?

Pescetarians are vegetarians who also eat fish and seafood. I'm a pescetarian, too, but haven't traveled to the World since giving up meat so I don't have any tips but the subject caught my eye. :)

I say Pescetarian cuz it's the easiest way to describe my Anti-Inflammatory diet, which is essentially pescetarian with limited dairy & egg & no processed foods/ white flour/sugar etc.....

I used to eat & drink whatever I wanted & loved every Bacchanalian moment! But in 2011, I got very sick with leaky gut, had to give up almost all food, got most of it back & this is the diet that seems to work best with my new normal. Funny thing is healthy hubby started on it because he saw how great I was doing & he feels even better than he did before.

Luckily, I learned how wonderful WDW is in working with food issues from when I was there during my sickest points. I was just hoping I would be able to work with something off the menu & not have to be a bother to anyone now that I'm relatively normal.

I say Pescetarian cuz it's the easiest way to describe my Anti-Inflammatory diet, which is essentially pescetarian with limited dairy & egg & no processed foods/ white flour/sugar etc.....

I used to eat & drink whatever I wanted & loved every Bacchanalian moment! But in 2011, I got very sick with leaky gut, had to give up almost all food, got most of it back & this is the diet that seems to work best with my new normal. Funny thing is healthy hubby started on it because he saw how great I was doing & he feels even better than he did before.

Luckily, I learned how wonderful WDW is in working with food issues from when I was there during my sickest points. I was just hoping I would be able to work with something off the menu & not have to be a bother to anyone now that I'm relatively normal.

I'm curious...are you following Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory diet?

I'm curious...are you following Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory diet?

As a matter of fact, that is exactly what I'm doing - the whole shebang - diet, yoga, meditation, supplements. It literally gave me my life back.

That is such a coincidence! I found Dr. Weil after I had my first baby. DH was diagnosed with high BP at a young age, and I wasn't going to let the Dr. put him on medication without first changing his diet. He grew up eating a lot of junk...soda, chips, loads of lunchmeat, butter out the wazoo! I think because we just had a baby he was open to trying a whole lifestyle change. We used the 8 Weeks to Optimum Health book. I really like Dr. Weil because his diet is so well rounded. We don't follow him strictly, but incorporate a lot of his suggestions into our daily life.

Fellow pesce here!! I haven't tried this yet but it's on my list for our next trip - saw it in a trip report and looks yummy!

African quinoa salad @ tamu tamu refreshments!

I am Pesc also and the only thing I found to eat was the Shrimp Po Boy at Restaurantasouros or however you spell that place. I ordered it with SHrimp and bread only, no sauce or veggies and then just ate the Shrimp and left the bread. It was plenty. They pile a lot of Shrimp on there. And you get fries. But I don't eat fries so I just had the SHrimp.

I have found I end up eating a lot of pizza and salad when we are at WDW.

There are lots of places that have salads with Chicken. I just order it with no meat. They always fix it properly for me.

If the shrimp po'boy is still there, I assume it's Fried Shrimp? I don't really do fried.

Sweetcreams - how is your DH, did you keep him off meds? I know I have been able to get off alot of my palliative care meds.

I didn't read the whole 8 weeks book, but I use his website constantly. By the time I got the book from the library, I had already incorporated most of the changes. I also use tools I learned at Kripalu, which is a holistic health/yoga center in the Berkshires that I went to when I was really sick. They also use the same plant-based, alkaline, anti-inflammatory diet as well as breathwork, yoga, meditation etc... that Dr. Weil uses. Between the 2, I believe they literally saved my life. Traditional Western Drs. had no idea what to do with me (they don't even believe in leaky gut yet) It's so nice to not be constantly sick anymore. :thumbsup2 I never feel tempted to eat differently now because I hate the way I feel if I do.

The Little Marla - I read about that salad & it sounds delicious. But the one pix I saw of it didn't look as good. The fruit plate at Tamu looks really good too.

He's not on any meds. He initially lost about 30 pounds...IDK if he's lost anymore since then. His mom has arthritis and has had 2 knee surgeries and is sure he will develop the same, but he has no issues with his joints at this point. His dad has eczema and says skin issues run in the family, but he has no issues with that either. Both inflammatory problems that he's avoided. :cool1: Of course he's only 40 but, still, I think if he hadn't turned his diet around he would be in the same boat as his parents.

He's not on any meds. He initially lost about 30 pounds...IDK if he's lost anymore since then. His mom has arthritis and has had 2 knee surgeries and is sure he will develop the same, but he has no issues with his joints at this point. His dad has eczema and says skin issues run in the family, but he has no issues with that either. Both inflammatory problems that he's avoided. :cool1: Of course he's only 40 but, still, I think if he hadn't turned his diet around he would be in the same boat as his parents.

:thumbsup2 That's great!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter