Pescetarian CS in AK?

Ok I had a weird question.. Im thinking very hard on becoming Pescetarian but want to be sure I am understanding it right? Only difference really is No LAND based animals correct?

So fish, shrimp, crab, lobster, fruits, veggies, dairy products are all good what about sweets like chocolates or cakes or pastries? I don't eat these a lot but I enjoy them on vacation! LOL

My husband (and niece) are pescatarians. I scour the menus before each trip to WDW to make sure DH has choices wherever we go. AK has changed their menus over the past several years. I don't remember having such a problem finding selections. This is the ONLY park in which I found a challenge for meals.

I'm taking my niece (17 yrs old) to WDW in September and was looking at the AK menus last week - very disappointing CS options. But you always need to remember you can try to request items taken off - e.g. Yak and Yeti has beef lo mein. You can ask for the noodle plate w/out the meat. Or as an earlier post stated - order the chicken salad w/out the chicken. Hopefully they will be able to accommodate you.

My plan for the day we visit AK is to have a really good breakfast first. Then, hopefully we'll get through most of the day w/out issue. I really prefer not to do TS in the parks that day. I'd rather have a late TS dinner.

Ok I had a weird question.. Im thinking very hard on becoming Pescetarian but want to be sure I am understanding it right? Only difference really is No LAND based animals correct?

So fish, shrimp, crab, lobster, fruits, veggies, dairy products are all good what about sweets like chocolates or cakes or pastries? I don't eat these a lot but I enjoy them on vacation! LOL

Yup, you got it. Veg, Vegan or Pesce can eat whatever sweets & junk they want if you are doing it just to cut out meat / animal products & all the ethical issues that go with that.

If you are doing it for health reasons, then it's a little different story. Then you want to cut out all processed foods, esp. white flour & white sugar and limit intake of dairy & eggs which are pretty concentrated sources of saturated fats. I'd like to have sweets & stuff, but my body doesn't enjoy them so much anymore. So I stick to Dark Chocolate, Fruit & Dried Fruit.

I want to do it for a lot of reasons 1) I want to FEEL better. 2) I want to loose weight so I would try and cut as much white carbs and sugar out as possible but I was curious b/c every once in awhile I do want chocolate or ice cream..lol I love dark chocolate and fruit be it fresh, canned or dried!

You know, this is only my opinion - but I think no matter what diet you voluntarily choose for yourself, you should always feel free to indulge once in a while if you feel moved to. Life is too short to be miserable. :goodvibes I eat the way I eat because I feel better & enjoy life more. I eat dark chocolate every single night because I love it & it makes me happy & doesn't make me feel yucky. :cloud9:

So eat Pesce or Veg or whatever rocks your socks. And Enjoy Dessert! (Maybe not every night tho ;) )

You know, this is only my opinion - but I think no matter what diet you voluntarily choose for yourself, you should always feel free to indulge once in a while if you feel moved to. Life is too short to be miserable. :goodvibes I eat the way I eat because I feel better & enjoy life more. I eat dark chocolate every single night because I love it & it makes me happy & doesn't make me feel yucky. :cloud9:

So eat Pesce or Veg or whatever rocks your socks. And Enjoy Dessert! (Maybe not every night tho ;) )

:thumbsup2

Leota thanks for all the help I've saved the link & will study it this week before I take my biweekly trip to the commissary!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter