Peru: Sacred Valley and Incan Cities Meets Thread

Just want to say hi to everyone - we're finally booked for the Adults only trip to Peru this October! :cool1:

Need to start looking at flights now, but the plan so far is to fly with Delta, arriving a day early (since the ATL-LIM flight otherwise doesn't arrive until after 10pm...), and leaving "a day later" (well, the return is just past midnight, so technically a day later, but not really).

Looking forward to meeting others on this trip :)

We booked the October Adults only Peru trip a little before New Years. The price has gone up twice since we booked. Glad we took the plunge when we did. This will be our 9th ABD (didn't go on the 8th yet, it's coming up this summer) This will be our first Adults only trip.

We booked the October Adults only Peru trip a little before New Years. The price has gone up twice since we booked. Glad we took the plunge when we did. This will be our 9th ABD (didn't go on the 8th yet, it's coming up this summer) This will be our first Adults only trip.

Hi Abbyjt :). We'll be on the same trip! First ABD ever so I'm really excited!

Kind of want to hit myself in the head as the price literally just went up a couple days before we booked... We were too busy sorting out another trip and were traveling during Christmas so never got to book until now. Anyway, still excited!

Hi Abbyjt :). We'll be on the same trip! First ABD ever so I'm really excited!

Kind of want to hit myself in the head as the price literally just went up a couple days before we booked... We were too busy sorting out another trip and were traveling during Christmas so never got to book until now. Anyway, still excited!

We will be on your trip as well! This will also be our first ABD.

Boardwalk_bride said:
We will be on your trip as well! This will also be our first ABD.

:) I can't wait for the trip! Booked air ticket already too!

We'll arrive on Wednesday and are thinking about either going to the Colca Canyon or the Nazca lines (staying in Paracas). We thought about Lake Titicaca but three days just seem rather rush, so we'll probably ave that when visiting Bolivia, I guess.

Now just need to find a reputable tour agency...

This security warning was issued by the State Department. I guess insect repellent isn't the only thing we have to worry about...

Security Message for U.S. Citizens – Potential Kidnapping Threat in Cusco
U.S. Embassy Lima, Peru
February 13, 2013

The U.S. Embassy warns U.S. citizens of a potential kidnapping threat in the Cusco area. The Embassy has received information that members of a criminal organization may be planning to kidnap U.S. citizen tourists in the Cusco and Machu Picchu area. Possible targets and methods are not known and the threat is credible at least through the end of February 2013. For the moment, personal travel by U.S. Embassy personnel to the Cusco region, including Machu Picchu, has been prohibited and official travel is severely restricted as a result of this threat.

Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security and follow instructions of local authorities.

Thousands of U.S. citizens routinely travel to the Cusco region without undue incident. The U.S. Embassy remains confident of the Peruvian government’s efforts to ensure the safety of all tourists in the region.

We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Peru enroll in the Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at https://step.state.gov/step.

STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. embassy or nearest U.S. consulate to contact you in an emergency. If you don't have Internet access, enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy.

Oh, that is scary. I just checked the Canadian travel warning website, and nothing like that is listed there.

We may be spending our afternoon on our own in Cusco locked in the hotel room. :(
When do you leave? Maybe the Adventure Guides will organize something to do as a group for safety's sake. That's the sort of thing they'd do... I hope it all blows over before you leave!

Sayhello

When do you leave? Maybe the Adventure Guides will organize something to do as a group for safety's sake. That's the sort of thing they'd do... I hope it all blows over before you leave!

Sayhello

I hope so. We leave in 5 weeks.

That's too bad! Cusco is such a nice place to roam around in and check out the local shops, sights and restaurants.

We got our box today! There's not very much in it this year. That's okay with me. I really don't need any more stuff.

We got our box today! There's not very much in it this year. That's okay with me. I really don't need any more stuff.
I know. :) I have a lot of ABD backpacks and tote bags... :) But I like the stuff anyways!

It's getting closer! You must be so excited!

Sayhello

I know. :) I have a lot of ABD backpacks and tote bags... :) But I like the stuff anyways!

It's getting closer! You must be so excited!

Sayhello

I can hardly believe how soon it is! Except for renewing DS's passport, I have done absolutely nothing to get ready.

I can hardly believe how soon it is! Except for renewing DS's passport, I have done absolutely nothing to get ready.
Ah, the beauty of an ABD! :goodvibes That you can actually *do* that, and still have an amazing vacation!

Sayhello

This is a bit off topic, but I thought I read somewhere that Canadians do not get the 'box'. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

This is a bit off topic, but I thought I read somewhere that Canadians do not get the 'box'. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!
I've never heard that. I know some Canadians have had issues getting it because of customs. I'm sure if I'm wrong, some of our Canadian folks will chime in & correct me! (If you don't get an answer here, I'd suggest starting a separate thread with your question in the title, so that others who might not check a thread on the Peru trip would see your question).

Sayhello

I've never heard that. I know some Canadians have had issues getting it because of customs. I'm sure if I'm wrong, some of our Canadian folks will chime in & correct me! (If you don't get an answer here, I'd suggest starting a separate thread with your question in the title, so that others who might not check a thread on the Peru trip would see your question).

Sayhello

Thanks for the response. If I don't see another response in a few days, I will try the main thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter