Perfectly Princess Tea

We did this with both our girls and both loved it. Unlike a lot of things Disney, the experience really didn't change much between '05 when my mom took older DD to it and '13 when I took younger DD. The tea is lovely and fancy in a way sure to appeal to princess lovers, the songs and activities are annoying to adults but perfect for young girls, and the gifts are really quite nice. Both of my girls got a lot of play out of their Aurora dolls, and they've both enjoyed adding charms to their bracelet on subsequent trips over the years.

It isn't something I'd make a regular part of our vacations - I don't think it would be as special a second time - but for a 4-6 year old girl it really makes for a wonderful afternoon.

Last edited:
We did this with both our girls and both loved it. Unlike a lot of things Disney, the experience really didn't change much between '05 when my mom took older DD to it and '13 when I took younger DD. The tea is lovely and fancy in a way sure to appeal to princess lovers, the songs and activities are annoying to adults but perfect for young girls, and the gifts are really quite nice. Both of my girls got a lot of play out of their Aurora dolls, and they've both enjoyed adding charms to their bracelet on subsequent trips over the years.

It isn't something I'd make a regular part of our vacations - I don't think it would be as special a second time - but for a 4-6 year old girl it really makes for a wonderful afternoon.
Thank you so much for the information!!!

First off, how many children are you bringing to this event and how old are they? When you booked, how many people did you set up the reservation for?

I called the Tea room where this is held and spoke with a CM who asked her manager to be sure. The two year old can attend at no charge and can share mom's food; mom can also bring gifts for the two year old. But everyone over 2 years old has to be paid for even if they are not interested in eating.

One adult + one child = $333.64
Additional adult (food only) = $98.66
Additional child (food and gifts) = $234.06

What I'm not sure of, is why you and your daughter will be sharing food? And is she a chicken salad/egg salad kind of kid? Also the portions are not very big, so I'm not sure how much sharing she will be able to do from her plate.

If you look at the pictures on my post above (#28) you can see the servings. You can maybe get 4 bites out of each sandwich wedge ... they are tiny. Though the salad sandwiches may be a bit bigger than the ones I have to get (food allergies), they are not much bigger ... maybe an extra bite or two. And the kids sandwiches are a bit smaller as well. The food here is not meal sized ... it's snack sized.

If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

There are four people. 2 adults, a 2 year old, and a 4 year old. We figured that we would all share food with the 2 year old. I am aware of Disney policy and I've paid for myself and my daughter. I was talking about sharing food with the two year old.

Neither my daughter or I are big eaters and we won't finish what they give us. My daughter is going through a picky phase and there's an excellent chance she won't touch most of the sandwiches.

Last edited:

Great to find this thread. I have booked this for Oct to do with my just 4 year old daughter. We have BBB booked for 9 and then CRT booked for 2:20 so a full on princess day!

How long is Aurora out for?

Based on the time stamps on the photos I took, around 45 minutes.

My daughter is going to flip. We hired a mermaid for her birthday party and she loved her. She's really into Sleeping Beauty at the moment too. Hopefully she will stay into her til December.

Did anyone else get the email that they are changing the time of the tea from 10:30a to 9a for 2018? No time for BBB if you want to get to the tea on time.

@Miumiu4me It should be 10:30a for the rest of 2017. My understanding from the cast member that called me, was that the 9am doesn't start until 2018.

Our reservation says 9am and it's for December. :(

Oh, man! Did you have BBB scheduled before the party? BBB and the salons on site don't open until 8a and that doesn't leave enough time to do that and make it to the party on time. We found a salon off site that was willing to have one of their hairdressers come in early (7:30am) to do DD's hair and makeup before the party. So far, Disney has not been able to find a way to get us in anywhere onsite with enough time to make it to the party.

And did your reservation always say 9am? Because when I made our reservation, it said 10:30am and was then changed to 9am.

The gentleman who called me originally tried to tell me that it was just a glitch that it scheduled us for 10:30am and that the party had always started at 9am. I was quick to let him know that I knew better because I had been to the party twice already and it was at 10:30am both times ... If you are changing something, just say so; don't try to lie about it ... it just makes you look silly.

Oh, man! Did you have BBB scheduled before the party? BBB and the salons on site don't open until 8a and that doesn't leave enough time to do that and make it to the party on time. We found a salon off site that was willing to have one of their hairdressers come in early (7:30am) to do DD's hair and makeup before the party. So far, Disney has not been able to find a way to get us in anywhere onsite with enough time to make it to the party.

And did your reservation always say 9am? Because when I made our reservation, it said 10:30am and was then changed to 9am.

The gentleman who called me originally tried to tell me that it was just a glitch that it scheduled us for 10:30am and that the party had always started at 9am. I was quick to let him know that I knew better because I had been to the party twice already and it was at 10:30am both times ... If you are changing something, just say so; don't try to lie about it ... it just makes you look silly.

We don't have BBB. I just don't want to get up early to get to Disney!

We just did it. I’m glad we did it once and my daughter liked it a lot.

FYI: Apparently you can list your child as an infant if they’re going to eat off your plate and they don’t want the toys regardless of age. I thought this wasn’t allowed but the cast member we spoke to said this was ok. If you chose to do this be prepared for your kid to see every other child bombarded with toys.

I wasn't aware they were changing the time for this. I was thinking my DD might enjoy it next summer. 9 AM feels quite early to me for a tea party, and we're morning people (we're up by 6 even on vacation). I don't think I like the idea of eating tea sandwiches mid-morning. Perhaps they should offer toast instead. The earlier time feels more like a breakfast party. LOL

I wasn't aware they were changing the time for this. I was thinking my DD might enjoy it next summer. 9 AM feels quite early to me for a tea party, and we're morning people (we're up by 6 even on vacation). I don't think I like the idea of eating tea sandwiches mid-morning. Perhaps they should offer toast instead. The earlier time feels more like a breakfast party. LOL

It was a little odd having tea so early (and cake at 10am). I wish it was a bit later too but I think they want the tearoom open by 11am for the adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter