People really need to consider their own personal eating habits for DP

ITA with HaleyB and disneyjunkie...it can be pretty easy to come out ahead even if you can't eat all that is provided on the plan.

As for us, one thing that makes the DP so attractive is that we all (me, DH, DS, and DD) love to try different foods. Although we probably couldn't ever finish all that is offered, especially at the TS meals, the DP will give us an opportunity to try a wider variety of food than we would normally order. For example, when we go out here at home, the most we normally order would be one appetizer, 2 adult and 2 child-menu entrees, and 2 desserts to share (and we often don't even order that much). With the DP, though, I'll have no problem ordering 4 different appetizers, 4 entrees, and 4 different desserts. We'll have a lot of fun trying what everyone else has ordered, and I can guarantee that we'll leave a fair amount not eaten. The pleasure for us is in trying a variety of new things, not worrying about cleaning our plates - especially while on vacation! :)

I love love love the DP! Food is super expensive in WDW, for obvious reasons. We have the choice of eating adequate counter service meals for our entire vacation, and/or scrambling around outside the world for meals to keep food costs down, or get it all over with and pay a flat rate. $38 is a very reasonable daily pp budget for food. AS for us, we were on the plan just a few short days in March- we ate like pigs and loved it. We love eating out- a nice atmosphere, friendly attentive service, and good food- sign me up. Even decent food- its just fun-especially at WDW. The last day when our meals were used up we ate LUNCH at San Angel Inn-$108 plus tip for 4 adults. Granted, we had a few cervezas and a pina colada or two- but thats a lot of money for lunch, although it was one of the highlights of our short trip.

Now just my DH and I are going back for a honeymoon in Oct. and I am agonizing over which of the best restaurants to choose. We only get 5 nights. I think it has very little to do with being overweight or having a crazy appetite or even if you weight train as some people have made a point to write- who cares. Do you like to eat at nice restaurants? It's fun. There is less noise, and its clean and you can sit without somebodys gramma hovering over your table waiting to pounce as soon as you leave. Consider the cost, teh convenience and the experience. Is DP right for EVERYONE- no. If you don't eat very much or like to share meals you should not get it. Also if you are a comando tourist and want to spend every possible minute in the park- forget it, you will waste touring time at table service. Other than that i cacn't think of very many reasons why you would say no. So you dont eat every possible course offered- a counter service meal is still going to run you about $10 and the entrees at almost all the restaurants average $20- tax tip and a diet coke and you've met your goal. So if you want to experience another aspect of WDW-especially EPCOT- besides the attractions and scenery get it. I highly recommend getting parkhopper with it though as most of the best restaurants are in Epcot. Anyway - thats my take. Shoot now I'm hungry.

I think it has very little to do with being overweight or having a crazy appetite or even if you weight train as some people have made a point to write- who cares. Do you like to eat at nice restaurants? It's fun.

My point was that there are many people who take care of their bodies and are healthy, but would still choose the meall plan. Some post on other threads regarding those who chose the plan make it sound like we are all overweight and gorging on food. I may not be thin, but I'm healthy and I love the plan.

welovedis said:
My point was that there are many people who take care of their bodies and are healthy, but would still choose the meall plan. Some post on other threads regarding those who chose the plan make it sound like we are all overweight and gorging on food. I may not be thin, but I'm healthy and I love the plan.

Thank you Karen - well said. The point, obviously missed by the OP, was not to brag (ha - they've clearly never seen my technique - no bragging here.) Point was we are not overweight but eat a lot. Like you said not glutons - just "big" eaters. Oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter