People Mover....

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by sapphirerose915, Sep 8, 2018.

1. sapphirerose915

sapphirerose915 Mouseketeer

What exactly is it?? An aerial ride around Tomorrowland??? Just trying to understand the concept.. if its something I should add to the itinerary... I've been to WDW probably about 10 times.. but never on it..

2. mco65

mco65 get busy living, or get busy dying!

Yes, aerial (not very) ride around tomorrowland.
    Its a nice relaxing break... nothing trilling about it but when your tired and need to rest, its awesome!

Lilsia, Ben E N, DisneyGirlMI and 5 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

An narrated ride around Tomorrowland on an electrically-powered "train" of sorts.

5. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

10 visits and no ride on the PeopleMover? Blasphemous! :-)

6. soarin2018

soarin2018 Earning My Ears

It's essentially a "tour" of Tomorrowland. It brings your through Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear which is fun since you get to see inside the rides. I would definitely add it to your itinerary since there is usually no line and serves as a nice quick break to relax and enjoy the view.

7. Gehrig1B

Gehrig1B DIS Veteran

Think of it as a slow moving monorail that travels through Tomorrowland taking you by and even inside some of the attractions. There is a monologue along the way describing what you are seeing. There are individual cars instead of a train. It is very relaxing and often a short standby wait or even walk on. Loads quickly.

8. dragonfly57005

dragonfly57005 DIS Veteran

I didn’t make it on it until trip #4. It’s a nice peaceful break. My kids get a kick out of waving to the other people on the people mover

ShayBells and sapphirerose915 like this.
  9. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

Videos available on YouTube.

sapphirerose915 likes this.
  10. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

YouTube: click HERE.

Alesia and sapphirerose915 like this.
  11. mco65

mco65 get busy living, or get busy dying!

when your dead tired at the end of the day, your gonna wish you could take 2 or 3 trips around Tomorrowland on the Peoplemover.. at least i do..

12. sapphirerose915

Wow.. thanks for the responses!! I watched a POV video on youtube... it looks kinda cool!! Just disnt understand what the actual concept was!! I think my 2 yo would like it...

Dont Judge Me!!!

I honestly never even heard of it before going on these boards!!!!

13. sapphirerose915

Yes... watched a few.. I just disnt understand what the point of the ride was... or if there was one....

I think this would this be better at night with all the lights from Tommorowland !!

14. sapphirerose915

Good to know!!!!

15. AMusicLifeForMe

AMusicLifeForMe DIS Veteran

I like to call it my "10 minutes of rest." I go on it several times a trip! :)

buzznina, Lilsia, Micca and 8 others like this.
  16. sapphirerose915

Gotcha!!!!! Sounds like a plan!!!

17. chris benton

chris benton DIS Veteran

Definitely at night. It's one of those things I love. Great pics and great views at night.

18. soccermom54

soccermom54 Mouseketeer

People Mover is just classic Disney for me. Yes it is old, yes sometimes the moving walkway does not work, but I love it! A trip to the Magic Kingdom is not complete without a ride. It is a great way to rest those tired feet while enjoying a tour of Tomorrowland.

19. FairWahine

FairWahine Earning My Ears

I love it. It’s a must do every time I’m in the MK. It’s the only way to see the model of Walt’s original concept for EPCOT. I wish I could stay on for 3-4 rounds with a picnic basket.

Debbie Jean, Dr.Mickey, bek and 5 others like this.
  20. ShayBells

ShayBells Let's get dangerous.

It’s the best “get off your feet and rest” you’ll ever have at the park. :rotfl2:

Lilsia and sapphirerose915 like this.
  21. Fangorn

Fangorn DIS Veteran

You do know that you can, right?

Well the picnic basket might be a tad awkward, but you typically can ask to stay on. If the queue is short, which it normally is, just ask the CM at the unloading point if you can go again. We always ride more than once without disembarking from the vehicle.

This is a great thing for those of us that may or may not be considered "older". Our personal best was 10 times around without getting off. Did it for our 40th anniversary. Got to know all the CMs working that afternoon, and they really made a big deal about it. Gave us Mickey stickers that they all signed as a memento. Still have them. Great memories.

Steve