People Mover....

I think this would this be better at night with all the lights from Tommorowland !!

Yes! IMO the People Mover is BEST at night, you get to see all of Tomorrowland lit up and you can also see more when the ride goes inside dark areas (such as Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear) since your eyes do not have to adjust from daylight to darkness at night.

What exactly is it?? An aerial ride around Tomorrowland??? Just trying to understand the concept.. if its something I should add to the itinerary... I've been to WDW probably about 10 times.. but never on it..
I'd say Hell yea it's a must....Picture a nice relaxing 11 minute ride, with usually No wait times, and out of the sun...You get to see some things that you won't see elsewhere either...

Crazy question but is people move over and carousel of progress one and the same? I do not see anything on the map for people move over.

I love the People Mover! The first time I rode, I didn't know what to expect as we circled into Space Mountain. It was almost creepy---darker than dark, with just a swirl of cool air ... nothing, until suddenly the astronauts and then screams coming from the roller coaster. And then there was that time when the lights were on inside Space Mountain!

And as PPs mentioned, this is where you see what's left of the Progress City model, originally on display in Disneyland at the Carousel of Progress.

I've heard it described as the queue to Tomorrowland, and now that's how I think of it. I ride it every trip!

I did not read through the whole thread, but... it is a sort of slow moving, faster at parts, narrated journey around Tomorrowland. I highly recommend it, and also provides great views of Main Street and the Castle.

It does not happen very often, but on occasion, you see Space Mountain with the lights on, which is very cool.

Also, it seldom has any wait at all. therefore it is great to keep in mind as the park gets busier.

Crazy question but is people move over and carousel of progress one and the same? I do not see anything on the map for people move over.

No, they are two separate attractions.

CoP is a rotating theater around a series of stages featuring a show about the progression time with animatronics and historic sets from the 1964 Worlds Fair, IMO this is actually one of my favorite classic attractions at WDW.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/walt-disney-carousel-of-progress/

There is a small section of the People Mover where the ride goes by the CoP building and a brief narration points it out, thats about it, it does not go inside and moves on rather quickly to the Buzz Lightyear building which is the next part of the People Mover "tour".

It is kind of like an open topped elevated electric train car ride around tomorrowland, but the track has a canopy over it so you are sheltered from the weather somewhat. It is not an exciting thrilling ride in any way, just a leisurely relaxing tour of Tomorrowland. I find it to be quite enjoyable, and a not to be missed part of all our trips.

My family loves the People Mover! I'm always waving to everyone as we slowly pass by the different parts of Tomorrowland. We find that people just don't pay attention and my girls laugh at me because no one waves back.

I love it at night and we like getting different shots of the castle!

One of my weirdest Disney experiences happened on People Mover. A teenage girl was in the car in front of us with a couple of her friends. Clearly, she had never ridden before. When we got to the Space Mountain part, she thought we were going ON Space Mountain. And she legit freaked out. Like screaming, crying, hyperventilating crazy freak out. They stopped the ride and evacuated her. It was NUTS. I felt bad for her.

It's vintage Walt! His way of helping people think past today and into the future. Is it dated....not going to debate that...but it is classic Disney. WDW has, in the past, removed so much of what was vintage and replaced it with more contemporary experiences. Won't debate that either, but this is just a slice of the original intent of Tomorrowland. (Tear in her eye!)

When we really need a break we ask if we can stay on when we get back to the station. They’ve never told us no. On a hot August day a 30 minute ride is heaven!

People Mover (aka Tomorrowland Transit Authority) is an awesome Walt Disney original. It's not much of a "ride" it more about the experience you have of being whisked around Tomorrowland. The views are cool including the short look at Space Mountain, and my favorite...you can look down on a gift shop!

I’m so sad we will probably just be hitting the left side of the park this visit (Pretty much nothing past the teacups!) and thus be missing the people mover! If we weren’t going in August I’d trek across the park just for a ride in it! All time favorite!

Quick story: after a ride in it, my in laws, traveling alone, decided to go on space mountain, not believing my texts that it’s a real roller coaster. I mean, these people freaked out on Peter pans flight... needless to say, they did not handle space mountain well and feel like the people mover did not give them a fair assessment of the ride!

Dont Judge Me!!!

I honestly never even heard of it before going on these boards!!!!
Don't feel bad. We've also been well over 10 times, knew about it and never rode it until last Christmas. We simply couldn't figure out where the entrance was. We made a point last Christmas to find it and then rode it several times. Felt like an idiot that I hadn't been able to find the entrance before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter