Pearl Castaway level?

Somewhat off topic but I was reading this and was reminded what a good job DVC does of showing member appreciation on the cruise. Little gifts every day available at the desk, and best of all we had a blast in our Wish cruise when we went to the DVC member event in Luna lounge. They did an entertaining game show family feud style but with Disney/DVC questions, and a choice of a free beer, margarita or non-alcoholic fruity drink. We had a blast and it probably only cost them like $5 per person, much cheaper than free palo.

Why they don’t something like this for the higher level CC members has me stumped.

Somewhat off topic but I was reading this and was reminded what a good job DVC does of showing member appreciation on the cruise. Little gifts every day available at the desk, and best of all we had a blast in our Wish cruise when we went to the DVC member event in Luna lounge. They did an entertaining game show family feud style but with Disney/DVC questions, and a choice of a free beer, margarita or non-alcoholic fruity drink. We had a blast and it probably only cost them like $5 per person, much cheaper than free palo.

Why they don’t something like this for the higher level CC members has me stumped.
My guess is because it's an upsell opportunity. How often do you attend a DVC member event where they don't try to sell you more points? The few that I have been to (no longer a DVC member) there was quite a bit of self marketing and promotion about all the cool things you could spend your points on and how much points currently cost if you needed more. DVC pays for that event as a marketing opportunity to make more money.

When we used to have the Platinum events there was no selling involved. Which is why there was no upside to keeping it around

My guess is because it's an upsell opportunity. How often do you attend a DVC member event where they don't try to sell you more points? The few that I have been to (no longer a DVC member) there was quite a bit of self marketing and promotion about all the cool things you could spend your points on and how much points currently cost if you needed more. DVC pays for that event as a marketing opportunity to make more money.

When we used to have the Platinum events there was no selling involved. Which is why there was no upside to keeping it around
There was zero upsell—I’m sure it does help people know about the DVC reps if they do want to add on, but no sales pitches or pressure—was just a fun event! But in any event, DCL has the same motivation with it loyalty program: make guests feel special, and they’ll book more cruises.

There was zero upsell—I’m sure it does help people know about the DVC reps if they do want to add on, but no sales pitches or pressure—was just a fun event! But in any event, DCL has the same motivation with it loyalty program: make guests feel special, and they’ll book more cruises.
I hope they stopped showing the cringy video before they played the game showing DVC members sitting in a circle like they are in a 12 step program confessing their DVC experiences. It was really bad and the guide we spoke to said they keep asking for something did as it was such a horrible video clip. We were at one of the first ones when they started back up in June.

I hope they stopped showing the cringy video before they played the game showing DVC members sitting in a circle like they are in a 12 step program confessing their DVC experiences. It was really bad and the guide we spoke to said they keep asking for something did as it was such a horrible video clip. We were at one of the first ones when they started back up in June.
Definitely gone! I agree that would have been so lame.

We sailed on the 8 night on the fantasy a few weeks ago. We attended the gold and platinum reception during the cruise. They started out asking who was gold and who was platinum in the audience. Most people seemed to be platinum. They then asked people how many cruises they had sailed on - to clap when their number was called.

Lots of people clapped at 30, 40, 50+ cruises. They even called out 3 people who had more than 100 cruises!

I would like to what type of job and vacation I takes to do that. Time for me to look for a new career.

Just when I get to the finish line, they move it! 🏁😄 We are going to be Platinum after our January cruise. It took 14 years to get there. Pearl is a very long time away for us.
We are one cruise away from Platinum and with a 15 yo and 11 yo, I have serious doubts as to whether we’ll make it to Pearl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!