peanut allergy and funnel cake

disneynewbeemom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what kind of oil they cook the funnel cakes in? Is it peanut oil? Anyone with a nut allergy ever eat a funnel cake at WDW?

Both of my kids are allergic to peanuts, tree nuts and soybeans! To say it is stressful when eating out is an understatement! That's why we LOVE visiting Disney World. They are so accomodating and wonderful. The last I heard, and we do check at every food stand or restaurant we go, they use Canola oil. They said this is due to the kids being allergic to soy and nuts. I would still check, but anytime you order food at any place in Disney you can ask for the ingredients for that particular food and they will locate it for you. Did this several times at counter services. Just ask and I'm sure they will bend over backwards to get you your answer, but keep your fingers crossed that the information I was told is true throughout the park and Canola oil is the oil they use. Good luck.

I was told the same thing about the oil, except that they do use peanut oil in some of the World Showcase restaurants (China & Japan, I think) due to the higher smoke point.

Hmmm...I heard that the peanut oil that is used in the US (except at foreign restaurants) is so refined that there isn't a trace of a "true" peanut in them. Have you eaten at chick fil a? We believe my son is allergic to peanuts and he eats there all the time (they use peanut oil). Another friend with a peanut allergy is okay there, too. Just something to think about...

Hmmm...I heard that the peanut oil that is used in the US (except at foreign restaurants) is so refined that there isn't a trace of a "true" peanut in them. Have you eaten at chick fil a? We believe my son is allergic to peanuts and he eats there all the time (they use peanut oil). Another friend with a peanut allergy is okay there, too. Just something to think about...

We've heard this too, but our allergist says to avoid it for our DD who has a life-threatening peanut allergy, "just to be safe"...

Yes that's what I've been told too. DD is allergic to peanuts (all tree nuts for that matter). She eats Chick-fil-a with no problems and they do deep fry in peanut oil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter