PeachTree Road Race July 4 2019

I’ll be in Wave H, DW is in J. Should I be nice and drop back with her? 8-)

Around a month away!

For the first time, this year DH and I are in the same wave. In past Peachtrees he has never dropped back to my corral and I generally like it that way! He is a faster runner who just didn't have a good POT race this year. When I feel the pressure to keep up with him, I try to keep HIS pace and things don't work out too well. He is faster, has a longer stride and does much better with heat/ humidity than I do, so even in the same corral, we may not "run together" throughout the race this year.
That said, he has dropped back with me during my 4 Disney marathons, and he DID pace me on our Memorial Day race doing a slow 1:00/:30 run/walk ratio, but even then, by mile 10 I was fading fast and by mile 11 - 12, I told him to go on and finish and I came in a later. We've learned that even if we start together, there may be a time when I can't take the pressure to run as fast as he can and he can't stand to run as slowly as me!
ASK her if she wants you to drop back.

We always meet at The Tavern at the end!

It’s here!!!!

Got mine today too! I will check it approximately 1000 times between now and the 4th. I have an abnormal fear of misplacing it.

One year there was a story in the AJC about a guy who bought a mailbox at Home Depot, installed it, didn't like it, and returned it to Home Depot.

With his family's Peachtree bibs inside!

The story had a happy ending: someone found the bibs and tracked the guy down via the ATC.

DH and I got our numbers yesterday. It seems much earlier this year. For some reason i felt like last year it came more mid June.

Ran 6.1 this AM. What do we need to do to make sure we have this morning’s weather in 19 days!?!?!? Great running weather. :rotfl:

What was your weather today versus maybe typical race day weather? My humidity where I live went up after being cooler for a bit, so when I ran this morning it was like 64 dew point. Just trying to see how bad I'll die come race day down there.

The word "Peach Tree" caught my eye because I expect to be a full time resident of Georgia, one hour north of Atlanta, in a couple of months. As it turns out I'll be visiting the Atlanta area during the 4th so who knows, as I have relatives who are runners, I may find myself at the finish line, cheering that is.

Last edited:
What was your weather today versus maybe typical race day weather? My humidity where I live went up after being cooler for a bit, so when I ran this morning it was like 64 dew point. Just trying to see how bad I'll die come race day down there.

If the weather on my Runkeeper app run history is accurate, it says it was 62 degrees and 75% humidity. Humidity felt non existent.

So, quite nice compared to the typical temps in that chart above!

I expect the Peachtree to be a hot and soupy morning. Wouldn’t feel like 7/4 if it were any less. Ha!

Bumping this up as the race is next week. I have spent the last 10 days on vacation. I was running in glorious west coast weather. It was low 60s and overcast. It was wonderful. Flew back yesterday. Today I went for a short run at lunch as my body is dealing with the time change and the long flight. I did 3.5 miserable miles in the heat and humidity. thankfully no sun, but ugh not the weather I have spent the last 10 days in. I hope I get acclimated in a week. Looks like it will be typical PRR weather, hot and humid. I am expecting 73 at the start. I still have to try and nail down some place to meet. My concern is with all the different start waves we may not all be around. I might take a poll who will hang out. I do think we might use the family meeting spot and use M for Mickey Mouse.

I do think we might use the family meeting spot and use M for Mickey Mouse.

This works for me.

B starts at 7:05. I'm shooting for 55 minutes which puts me at the balloons around 8:05-8:10. I'll probably hang there for 20-30 minutes or so before bro finishes. So, I'll be at 'M' from approximately 8:10-8:40. I'll probably just change our family meeting place to 'M', which means I'll have my nephew and (eventually) bro with me. Y'all need to promise to call me 'David' and not 'OSGG'. :)

I also hope to get lucky and meet some of you in the corral.

Got to warn everyone: a couple of the finalist shirts, if chosen, are going to result in an epic t-shirt rant!

@OldSlowGoofyGuy i am hoping to see you and @cavepig in the coral. I am hoping to finish by 8 am. I will make this fun I will be one of many thousand people wearing a coke shirt. Right now I assume it is red. When looking for me I will be waiting with DH also wearing said coke shirt. We will be twinsies. We are both tall. Hope that helps :rotfl2:

@OldSlowGoofyGuy i am hoping to see you and @cavepig in the coral. ...When looking for me I will be waiting with DH also wearing said coke shirt. .... We are both tall. Hope that helps :rotfl2:

Same here!

To make it easier:

I'll be wearing a white tank top with the following design. My bro (wave D) will have on the same shirt (almost made an entertaining typo here).

This is me at last year's PT. Pretty much look the same, just add one year!

I'm also tall and being tall always helps!

How early do you all plan on getting into the corral/wave area? I plan to wear a red skirt and blue/white stripey tank, nothing special (I may stick a star clip on my hair bun). Hopefully we can find each other.

Luckily we have temps/dewpoint a degree or so higher than Atlanta and through till I leave, not sure if this helps acclimate at all. I still feel I'm going to melt into a puddle & die.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter