• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PCC 2.0 Fish Extender Group Finder **Update 8/24**

I would love to join a group!

Anyone accepting new recruites?

I am not very creative but I am excellent at follow directions!

Please don't make me the last kid picked. It brings back bad grade school gym memories!!

Tomorrow or Friday I will organize this a little better and post more information in the first post. :goodvibes

Like who is looking for a group and what groups are looking to add folks.

Tomorrow or Friday I will organize this a little better and post more information in the first post. :goodvibes

Like who is looking for a group and what groups are looking to add folks.

It's going to be here before you know it Toddles! :cool1:

You guys are still in!! I am still doing a group, just haven't had time to do much of anything with it because of work. I'll do some research this weekend and see what I can find. My group includes:

Chris and Kim
Paul and Alicia
Dodie and Philip
George and Deb
Todd
Kelly
Stephan and Candy
Stacy and Ken
Kathy
Annette
Cindy
Tonya

Thanks Shelly!

Can someone explain the benefit of being in a group to us newbies? I get that you would share the cost and responsibility of coming with FE gifts, but what else is there? I've got an idea for something, but not sure if I should do it in a group or not. It kinda centers around being a Texan, so I guess that limits the possible members of my group. :confused3

Can someone explain the benefit of being in a group to us newbies? I get that you would share the cost and responsibility of coming with FE gifts, but what else is there? I've got an idea for something, but not sure if I should do it in a group or not. It kinda centers around being a Texan, so I guess that limits the possible members of my group. :confused3

thanks for asking this!! yes, could someone explain to us newbies how this works .. :goodvibes

I know that there is a International people group.
If i remember correct the Becx is in charge of that group.

If there are people from outside the US that want to participate in this group just let us know.

well i am from outside the US, but i'm not sure what is involved.....

To me, cost is a BIG factor. Estimate the cost of your idea and multiply it be 100. (That's roughly the number of Fish Extenders we had on PCC 1.0). I would hazard a guess that PCC 2.0 will have more people signed up for the FE than 1.0, simply because more people are signed up to sail.

Transportation of your gift. Getting it to the ship may be an issue for you. Some groups have members that are driving to the port and would take it instead of shipping them. Both a savings in cost and worry about it not making it to the port on time. If it is something you are bringing with you, remember you need to have the space in you luggage for it.

Delivery of gifts. The ship is big. Not overwhelmingly, impossibly huge. But big. One night, I walked every deck, both port and starboard to make myself tired so I could sleep. And to check out the door decorations and fish extenders. To deliver 100 gifts all over the ship would have meant all that walking plus running back and forth to my cabin to reload with more gifts. With a group, you can split up the number of deliveries. One hundred cabins split between ten group members means only having to carry stuff to ten cabins. (You can check out people's doors and fish extenders more leisurely.)

I like the excitement of planning. I am not a super creative person, and am always open to input and other people's ideas. I like being a team player, especially when we have a great goal, like spreading joy to our friends.

thanks for asking this!! yes, could someone explain to us newbies how this works .. :goodvibes

well i am from outside the US, but i'm not sure what is involved.....

I was responding as you were, but got interrupted by a co-worker. Don't they know my DIS friends are a higher priority than they are?

Please ask away. You know we don't bite. Too hard. :goodvibes:goodvibes

I am pretty certain that they are looking for DISers who reside outside of the United States. That's about all. I don't know what their plans are, if you are interested in joining a certain group, contact the group leader (for lack of a better term).

To me, cost is a BIG factor. Estimate the cost of your idea and multiply it be 100. (That's roughly the number of Fish Extenders we had on PCC 1.0). I would hazard a guess that PCC 2.0 will have more people signed up for the FE than 1.0, simply because more people are signed up to sail.

Transportation of your gift. Getting it to the ship may be an issue for you. Some groups have members that are driving to the port and would take it instead of shipping them. Both a savings in cost and worry about it not making it to the port on time. If it is something you are bringing with you, remember you need to have the space in you luggage for it.

Delivery of gifts. The ship is big. Not overwhelmingly, impossibly huge. But big. One night, I walked every deck, both port and starboard to make myself tired so I could sleep. And to check out the door decorations and fish extenders. To deliver 100 gifts all over the ship would have meant all that walking plus running back and forth to my cabin to reload with more gifts. With a group, you can split up the number of deliveries. One hundred cabins split between ten group members means only having to carry stuff to ten cabins. (You can check out people's doors and fish extenders more leisurely.)

I like the excitement of planning. I am not a super creative person, and am always open to input and other people's ideas. I like being a team player, especially when we have a great goal, like spreading joy to our friends.

Thanks Todd -
so does each group give to all the people on the cruise who've signed up to participate?

For example, let's say that there are 200 podcast cruise staterooms (i'm just guessing that 700 disers fit into 200 staterooms)..

now let's say that all 200 staterooms decide to participate in the FE exchange...

does that mean that each FE group will give a gift to each participating stateroom? in other words, each group will give 200 gifts (one to each participating stateroom)?

or is it by person rather than stateroom (a stateroom with 4 people in it would receive 4 gifts?)

(can you tell i'm a CPA? :rolleyes:)...

Thanks Todd -
so does each group give to all the people on the cruise who've signed up to participate?

For example, let's say that there are 200 podcast cruise staterooms (i'm just guessing that 700 disers fit into 200 staterooms)..

now let's say that all 200 staterooms decide to participate in the FE exchange...

does that mean that each FE group will give a gift to each participating stateroom? in other words, each group will give 200 gifts (one to each participating stateroom)?

or is it by person rather than stateroom (a stateroom with 4 people in it would receive 4 gifts?)

(can you tell i'm a CPA? :rolleyes:)...

Yes. ::yes::

It can be done both ways. Some give to the cabin as a family unit (or multiples if people are rooming with strangers or whatnot). Some give to each individual person that is signed up. That choice would be something that is left up to you (or your group) to decide.

Yes. ::yes::

It can be done both ways. Some give to the cabin as a family unit (or multiples if people are rooming with strangers or whatnot). Some give to each individual person that is signed up. That choice would be something that is left up to you (or your group) to decide.

so theoretically, it could be possible that each group will give out 700 gifts....or rather 700 less the number of people in the group...(or am i misunderstanding?)
wow - a 40 ft container might just be big enough....maybe...

Thanks for the response Todd. Cost is a factor for me as well, but the idea I have would (I think) be fairly inexpensive, as in MAYBE $1/room. Hmmm, will think on it some more. I guess if other Texans are interested they could pm me and if we decide to form a group, we'll post it here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter