PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

So today I spent 61$ on produce ... but not at Provigo! Went to our farmer's market and only bought local produce (strawberries, blueberries, potatoes, italian plums, ground cherries, apples, etc.). Probably the last time I will go since they close next week until May and I like encouraging local farmers.

By the way, Shoppers did not use to round-up to the nearest dollar but I wonder if they have started now. I had an offer of 300 points for every $2 on PC cookies, as well as the $1.99 offer. I spent $3.98 on 2 packages and received the 600 points. Plus another digital offer off 400 points for every $2 on D'Italiano products. I spent $5.98 and received 1,200 points.

I believe they round up 0.02, so you $5.98 is the same as $6.00.

Here's a really stupid question. Just got an optimum card and used it at Fortino's. Do I not get points for every purchase?

Do you have any offers on your PC Optimum App yet? You will only get points for those items or if there are any instore product offers at Fortino’s. That’s the way it works for the Loblaws family of stores. Otherwise, no points.

Do you have any offers on your PC Optimum App yet? You will only get points for those items or if there are any instore product offers at Fortino’s. That’s the way it works for the Loblaws family of stores. Otherwise, no points.

Well that is stupid. So if you don't need anything on your offers, you just don't shop there? Seems a not very smart way of getting you in the store.

Well that is stupid. So if you don't need anything on your offers, you just don't shop there? Seems a not very smart way of getting you in the store.
Give it a little time then see how you like it. Every week I have offers on things I buy regularly so it does add up quickly (for me). Then on top of that there are bigger offers such as spend $150 in store and get 15000 points.

I think for many, we already shop at the stores where we’re earning PC OPTIMUM points. If you don’t regularly shop at one of those stores then it will be more challenging for you to earn points.

I think for many, we already shop at the stores where we’re earning PC OPTIMUM points. If you don’t regularly shop at one of those stores then it will be more challenging for you to earn points.

This is true. We already shopped at these stores so it’s just like a bonus for us. You do get points on every purchase at shoppers drug mart and there are often very good bonus offers for shoppers.

If you have a pc credit card you get points on every purchase.

As you buy more at Loblaws stores, your offers will become targeted. So, I get offers for bananas, apples, OJ, yogurt, etc every 1-2 weeks, because I buy those things all the time. If you shop at the lower cost stores, like No Frills, they also price match and then you can get points on top of that.

Most of my offers are based on what I purchase. Granola bars, bananas, veggies, deli meat and cheese, and muffins...my boys eat lots of muffins. lol Growing teenage boys who graze cost us lots of money lol

My offers are also based on what I purchase. Though there are some odd ones scattered though. I just came back from Loblaws. $131 spent and earned 19,5000 points. Points were earned on 3 family-sized packages of chicken, smuckers jam, butter, fruit cups, bagels, honey and $30 in produce combined with offers on potatoes & mangoes as well.

Plus another 6,000 points for a $60 Netflix gift card. Don't forget the Netflix gift card offer extends through the next flyer until October 30th!

Ya, it definitely isn't my first choice of grocery stores, so it definitely will be more challenging.

Ya, it definitely isn't my first choice of grocery stores, so it definitely will be more challenging.

Try to go to the same store each time so you get used to the products they carry and the layout of the store. Once I figured out where everything was for food, I would make a list of everything there that I could buy. Then when the flyer came out, I would know what was a good deal, etc.

If Fortino’s isn’t your first choice, do you have any other Loblaws chain store nearby such as Real Canadian Superstore or No Frills. Both of these do price matching, and they often have good sales. Makes it easier to shop there vs. anywhere else. My Superstore is next to a Walmart so I tend to go to both, if I can’t find something in one. I’m trying to do all my shopping at Superstore to build up my points for more Disney gift cards.

If Fortino’s isn’t your first choice, do you have any other Loblaws chain store nearby such as Real Canadian Superstore or No Frills. Both of these do price matching, and they often have good sales. Makes it easier to shop there vs. anywhere else. My Superstore is next to a Walmart so I tend to go to both, if I can’t find something in one. I’m trying to do all my shopping at Superstore to build up my points for more Disney gift cards.

It isn't the store, but the location. Metro and Sobey's are closer and both give Air MIles all the time. So if I am getting nothing for shopping at Superstore, I won't go there.

It isn't the store, but the location. Metro and Sobey's are closer and both give Air MIles all the time. So if I am getting nothing for shopping at Superstore, I won't go there.
For me it depends on the return I get plus prices. Here, the Sobey’s and Metro prices are higher than Superstore so I get more bang for my buck collecting PC OPTIMUM points but each person needs to run the numbers for themselves.

As much as I like the thought of ‘spend $25 at Shoppers and earn 7000 pc points (=$7.00)‘ if I’m spending more for the actual products by purchasing them at Shoppers rather that at Superstore who price match, I’m really no further ahead. Unless I’m picking up on a few items that are same/similar prices go Superstore, even the Shoppers incentives don’t work for me.

Each person needs to run the numbers and decide if PC Points/AMs are best for them and how to get the most return for their hard earned money.

I have a Metro 5 minutes from me. I only go there when there’s a good air miles offer because they are expensive and the produce at this location isn’t the best.
Sobeys is the furthest away, but I do not shop there unless for air miles, they are generally the most expensive.

Superstore and Walmart are less than 10 min away, it’s worth the drive there for the price matching. Saving money always takes precedence over accumulating points or air miles for me.

For me it depends on the return I get plus prices. Here, the Sobey’s and Metro prices are higher than Superstore so I get more bang for my buck collecting PC OPTIMUM points but each person needs to run the numbers for themselves.

As much as I like the thought of ‘spend $25 at Shoppers and earn 7000 pc points (=$7.00)‘ if I’m spending more for the actual products by purchasing them at Shoppers rather that at Superstore who price match, I’m really no further ahead. Unless I’m picking up on a few items that are same/similar prices go Superstore, even the Shoppers incentives don’t work for me.

Each person needs to run the numbers and decide if PC Points/AMs are best for them and how to get the most return for their hard earned money.

And time, too! I'm walking distance to a Safeway and a Shoppers. I have to drive/take transit to any other drug or grocery store. With a toddler, it's sooo much more convenient to get him in the stroller and take a quick walk than to load him into the car, transfer him to a cart.... I know lots of you get the picture :) I think of it as paying for convenience rather than overpaying.

The Shoppers incentives work for me because they're better than Safeway's incentives, especially when we just need some crackers and milk and pantry staples. Air Miles and I aren't getting along that well these days, partly because the return just doesn't feel worth the work of actually getting to a store. But that's a rant for another thread! haha

The Shoppers incentives work for me because they're better than Safeway's incentives, especially when we just need some crackers and milk and pantry staples.

This for me as well! I keep reading how expensive Shoppers is (same as Rexall really) and I agree. BUT I hit my Spend minimums with food stuff that's at the same price as everywhere else or on sale. If we don't need the food, I skip my offer. The other day when I spent $20.92 and received 8,100 points, the only item on my receipt that was high in price was the D'italiano bread at $2.99 each while No Frills had it this week for $2.47 each. But, for me, it was worth the extra $1.02 at Shoppers considering I was getting $8 back. It would have cost me at least that $1 in gas just to drive 10-15 minutes to No Frills in back.

Does anyone else spend at least an hour pouring through the flyers each week to see where to get the best bang for your buck? Man, the hours add up. I make up a list of what we need. Then a list of all the Air Miles stores. Then the PC Points stores. Then decide which stores to go to and what to purchase and how much I'll get back.

This for me as well! I keep reading how expensive Shoppers is (same as Rexall really) and I agree. BUT I hit my Spend minimums with food stuff that's at the same price as everywhere else or on sale. If we don't need the food, I skip my offer. The other day when I spent $20.92 and received 8,100 points, the only item on my receipt that was high in price was the D'italiano bread at $2.99 each while No Frills had it this week for $2.47 each. But, for me, it was worth the extra $1.02 at Shoppers considering I was getting $8 back. It would have cost me at least that $1 in gas just to drive 10-15 minutes to No Frills in back.

Does anyone else spend at least an hour pouring through the flyers each week to see where to get the best bang for your buck? Man, the hours add up. I make up a list of what we need. Then a list of all the Air Miles stores. Then the PC Points stores. Then decide which stores to go to and what to purchase and how much I'll get back.

Hi, have you tried using the Flipp App or Reebee App? Super easy to get the App to check prices across all flyers. Just type in your grocery item, the App will pull up your item with the prices across all the current flyers, instant price comparison! We chuck our paper flyers in the recycling right away each week. I usually do my weekly grocery list planning while on my commute...no time wasted!

Hi, have you tried using the Flipp App or Reebee App? Super easy to get the App to check prices across all flyers. Just type in your grocery item, the App will pull up your item with the prices across all the current flyers, instant price comparison! We chuck our paper flyers in the recycling right away each week. I usually do my weekly grocery list planning while on my commute...no time wasted!
I use the Flipp app on a daily basis. Great app!!!

When I want orange juice I just type it in the app and it shows the sale price of all orange juices at the stores close to me. Has saved me hours and hours of time!

LOL - when I've seen people in the grocery store with their piles of flyers I've shown them the app and more than once they've downloaded it right there in the store...and been thankful!

I can't remember the last time I looked at a paper flyer other than glancing at the front page as I go into a store to see what their best offers of the week are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter