PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Hi all,
Love this thread! Anyway- I am new to Shoppers (shop at Superstore all the time). I see the flyer runs until today. But then the other flyer doesn’t start until Saturday. Is there no flyer that covers Friday? TIA
Unfortunately no, there is nothing for Friday as far as the flyer goes. Rexall does that as well. I do have an offer in my PC Offers for 20x's the points for Friday but without a big sale it isn't worth my time. Plus, its spend $75 and I don't need that much.

That's unusual, since the flyer normally is Friday to Thursday. The redemption event is also Friday to Sunday. I wonder how that happened?
I still have last weeks so I just went and double check, its Saturday to Thursday. I think that's how they do it, its how Rexall does it most times as far as I know.
Truth is I don't always check the dates as I shop Saturdays but I will see if I can find more old Shoppers flyers and check them out.

ETA-Found this on SmartCanucks site. It's past Shoppers flyers and they are all Sat to Thurs.
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/shoppers-drug-mart-canada/page/16

I still have last weeks so I just went and double check, its Saturday to Thursday. I think that's how they do it, its how Rexall does it most times as far as I know.
Truth is I don't always check the dates as I shop Saturdays but I will see if I can find more old Shoppers flyers and check them out.

It's so odd. I wonder if they've changed in the last few months? I never shop on Fridays, so it might just be that I didn't notice that it's never been a Friday thing! That's so odd!

got my new offers today and there is a 15x pts on $50 tomorrow at shoppers and the bonus redemption event with the 50,000 pts/ $65 off starting tomorrow for the weekend.

I think I'll do the bonus redemption not the 15x, if I am redeeming points do I get points on the items I am purchasing or no?

got my new offers today and there is a 15x pts on $50 tomorrow at shoppers and the bonus redemption event with the 50,000 pts/ $65 off starting tomorrow for the weekend.

I think I'll do the bonus redemption not the 15x, if I am redeeming points do I get points on the items I am purchasing or no?
No, with redeeming points you do not get the 15x's however I do believe you get your targeted offers for products. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
My offer for tomorrow is 20x's if I spend $75. Nope.

You will not get any bonus multipliers, or even the base points but you should get the points for your targeted offers.

FINALLY have more than 3 offers! I need to make an effort to go to any of the banner stores and when all they dangled in my face was 2 different types of makeup and the odd MASSIVE threshold spend I had no desire to make the time.

Anyone else get this email? If so, do you think that means we're already enrolled in this trial?

We’re testing something new

PC Optimum, one of Canada’s best-loved loyalty programs, was designed to personalize your shopping experience, rewarding you for the purchases you need to make every day, and making it easy for you to redeem points on a wide range of products you want. Now, for a select group of PC Optimum members, we’re offering a new way to earn points, by delivering more relevant ads to you on behalf of our trusted advertisers.
This means as you browse the web or use social media you may be shown ads about products that we think will interest you, based on your previous purchases with us. This doesn’t mean you’ll see more ads, but rather the ads you see should be more relevant to you.
And you’ll be rewarded with additional PC Optimum points just for receiving these ads.

Anyone else get this email? If so, do you think that means we're already enrolled in this trial?

PC Optimum, one of Canada’s best-loved loyalty programs, was designed to personalize your shopping experience, rewarding you for the purchases you need to make every day, and making it easy for you to redeem points on a wide range of products you want. Now, for a select group of PC Optimum members, we’re offering a new way to earn points, by delivering more relevant ads to you on behalf of our trusted advertisers.
This means as you browse the web or use social media you may be shown ads about products that we think will interest you, based on your previous purchases with us. This doesn’t mean you’ll see more ads, but rather the ads you see should be more relevant to you.
And you’ll be rewarded with additional PC Optimum points just for receiving these ads.
Well now that's interesting. Did you just get this now? I wonder if these ads are videos you need to watch or just the regular 'I looked at a purse yesterday now its all over my web pages' type of ad. Hmmmm…….
And no, I did not receive that. Anyone else get it??

Well now that's interesting. Did you just get this now? I wonder if these ads are videos you need to watch or just the regular 'I looked at a purse yesterday now its all over my web pages' type of ad. Hmmmm…….
And no, I did not receive that. Anyone else get it??
It actually came on Wednesday but this is the first time I've spent more than 10 minutes at my desk :P

I got the email a couple of months ago, but I haven't noticed anything different in my app or in my browsing. All companies are advertising to us all the time, i'm fine with it especially if I get more points.
Yeah, i don't have a problem with it either -- I was actually hoping I didn't need to do anything for me to have said "sure thing go for it!" We won't know if it worked till the end of the year though

How do I see my points?
At the end of December 2019, you'll see, in your transaction history, PC Optimum points you've earned for being included in these online ad campaigns delivered to you, by us, on behalf of our trusted advertisers. You earn the points whether you've clicked on the ads or not.

I got the same email a couple of months ago as well. If you're going to give me free points for something I hardly notice, fly atter.

I also got the email on Wednesday. I am a new collector (thanks to this thread!!).

I hope we are automatically enrolled as I didn’t notice any link to opt in. Rather there seems to be a link to opt out. Guess we will see in December.

I stopped in at shoppers today to pick up a couple things. since i was already at 40$, i added a few cleaning products we can always use and redeemed for another 65$ gift card!

my disney stockpile is slowly growing...now if only 2021 would get here faster!!

You will not get any bonus multipliers, or even the base points but you should get the points for your targeted offers.

Ok, so! I went into a shopper today with the game plan being the 50,000 pts for $65 and to get my first Disney GC "with" optimum points. I ended up after redeeming the $65 spending $74.57 ( tax plus $65 disney gc). Then after it processed the cashier told me that my target offers ( which I had done alot of my shopping around) did not earn me points because I had redeemed. I was shopping on my lunch break and didnt have time to dig into it further so I just went back to work.

While at work I was doing some math and looking at all the things I worked up the nerve to stop at a different shoppers on the way home and do some return/exchanges to get my bonus offer points and use the 15x pts offer I also had. I was thinking I'd have to do two transactions and that the system wouldnt process both the bonus redemption event and the 15x in one transaction.

Manager at the second location was super nice and took her time with me and I expressed my appreciation to her for that. When we were working with numbers before doing any returns she didnt believe it would make much of a difference and I hadnt missed out on that many points, she thought there was the possibly of me getting 18,000 points back. Told me it was my call if I wanted to process the return and see what happened.

So at the second location I spent $54.39 and the receipt shows a total of 34,925 points. Before redeeming points today I had 134,358, I redeemed 50,000 and now I have119,298. If you take the bonus point plus the extra 15,000 for redeeming during this weekend event I received 49,925, so I think it was worth it!

Ok, so! I went into a shopper today with the game plan being the 50,000 pts for $65 and to get my first Disney GC "with" optimum points. I ended up after redeeming the $65 spending $74.57 ( tax plus $65 disney gc). Then after it processed the cashier told me that my target offers ( which I had done alot of my shopping around) did not earn me points because I had redeemed. I was shopping on my lunch break and didnt have time to dig into it further so I just went back to work.

While at work I was doing some math and looking at all the things I worked up the nerve to stop at a different shoppers on the way home and do some return/exchanges to get my bonus offer points and use the 15x pts offer I also had. I was thinking I'd have to do two transactions and that the system wouldnt process both the bonus redemption event and the 15x in one transaction.

Manager at the second location was super nice and took her time with me and I expressed my appreciation to her for that. When we were working with numbers before doing any returns she didnt believe it would make much of a difference and I hadnt missed out on that many points, she thought there was the possibly of me getting 18,000 points back. Told me it was my call if I wanted to process the return and see what happened.

So at the second location I spent $54.39 and the receipt shows a total of 34,925 points. Before redeeming points today I had 134,358, I redeemed 50,000 and now I have119,298. If you take the bonus point plus the extra 15,000 for redeeming during this weekend event I received 49,925, so I think it was worth it!

Wow! That's awesome. During the last redemption event, there was also a 20X points at the same time. I didn't even go through with the redemption thinking that I wouldn't get the 20X on my order. I really should bite the bullet and see what happens next time. I know there have been a few times where certain points haven't posted when I've had more than one promotion. That's an amazing earn!

Wow! That's awesome. During the last redemption event, there was also a 20X points at the same time. I didn't even go through with the redemption thinking that I wouldn't get the 20X on my order. I really should bite the bullet and see what happens next time. I know there have been a few times where certain points haven't posted when I've had more than one promotion. That's an amazing earn!

I was just looking at the app to see what was still there for targeted offers this week and turns out one of my offers didnt process. For some reason whenever I have peppers on the list I always have to submit for missing points. I had 800 points missing from my peppers, I wasnt sure how to include the 15x in that points inquiry so I didnt bother. The missing points have now been added in and after all is said and done I received 50,725 points! Thanks Shoppers!

Yeah, for sure! You never know, could work out in your favour!

Just back from my Shoppers adventure. Wanted to redeem the 50,000 points and get the 65,000 value. No problem finding things. Actually got a few things that were marked down so it was a bonus in that category. When I went to pay the cash I was at would not show points for redemption. Said the system was down so he took me to another cash where it was rescanned but that system just said wait....and wait....and wait. So, on to the next till where the same thing happened. Finally one of the other cashiers said her system was working so they voided all my purchases and she rekeyed everything but this time it did work so YEA! Took a while but after tax the spend was $74.60 with an out of pocket payment of $9.60.
Now, off to purchase $50 US before I spend that money. Happy shopping all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter