PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

I stumbled across an amazing product at Zehrs yesterday and hopefully it will trigger an offer that I will jump on repeatedly! ** I have a bunch of dietary restrictions and a limited diet so to find food i can eat is super exciting!! They carry products from a small local dairy, hubby loves their cream and I can eat their whipping cream so i made a quick stop yesterday (such a relative term now, if you wait under 30 minutes to get in a store it feels like a win :P ) and because the one aisle was busy I took a detour thru the "healthy foods" and spied a box of pasta made from corn of all things. Wheat is out for me but corn is safe, so i snagged a box and might have even squealed a little bit

It meant i was able to have mac & cheese tonight, this was the first real meal I've had since January, big stuff!!

I stumbled across an amazing product at Zehrs yesterday and hopefully it will trigger an offer that I will jump on repeatedly! ** I have a bunch of dietary restrictions and a limited diet so to find food i can eat is super exciting!! They carry products from a small local dairy, hubby loves their cream and I can eat their whipping cream so i made a quick stop yesterday (such a relative term now, if you wait under 30 minutes to get in a store it feels like a win :P ) and because the one aisle was busy I took a detour thru the "healthy foods" and spied a box of pasta made from corn of all things. Wheat is out for me but corn is safe, so i snagged a box and might have even squealed a little bit

It meant i was able to have mac & cheese tonight, this was the first real meal I've had since January, big stuff!!
View attachment 493957
How did it taste?
Could you post a pic of the package and the nutrition label please? I'm wondering if this would be a better option for a diabetic diet than regular pasta.

View attachment 493957
Fingers crossed that it does trigger the deal for the future!

How did it taste?
Could you post a pic of the package and the nutrition label please? I'm wondering if this would be a better option for a diabetic diet than regular pasta.
I actually liked it. Hubby had to avoid regular pasta for several years because semolina flour is extremely hard to digest so we tried a lot of gluten free pastas that usually ended up in the trash, just tasted terrible or would cook up like glue. This has the same texture as regular pasta and could easily be passed off as such when warm. I think it might be gloppy when it cools off. They had several different types, spaghetti, fettuccine, penne. I just really wanted mac and cheese so picked this one. Screenshot_20200510-131842_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200510-131937_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200510-131950_Gallery.jpg

I actually liked it. Hubby had to avoid regular pasta for several years because semolina flour is extremely hard to digest so we tried a lot of gluten free pastas that usually ended up in the trash, just tasted terrible or would cook up like glue. This has the same texture as regular pasta and could easily be passed off as such when warm. I think it might be gloppy when it cools off. They had several different types, spaghetti, fettuccine, penne. I just really wanted mac and cheese so picked this one. View attachment 494058View attachment 494059View attachment 494060
Thanks! I’m happy to hear you enjoyed it. It must be a relief every time you find something new like that.

Why oh why is pasta so high in carbs??? That’s just as bad as regular pasta...probably worse. I might see if the youngest wants to try it...she’s reducing gluten when possible. I think lactose is more her issue but she’s on a low/no gluten kick.

For those in Ontario who normally price match, it's available for PC Express pickups again. You need to apply after you've picked up your order and it's a bit of a hassle but might be worth your while. Look under FAQ.

I tried doing it with my phone and was frustrated as i'd add a couple of orders then disappear. Redid it on the computer and appears to have worked. I should have about $10 coming back. Hopefully it happens.

I have done a few PC Express pick ups which I am really liking. I usually pick up on Thursday but a couple of weeks ago I got a Saturday pick up. When I picked up on the Saturday I got a free BBQ pack with a bunch of condiments in it which was a lovely surprise! After reading some received hanging baskets this past weekend I'm wondering is this free bonus only when you pick up on a Saturday or a weekend? Is it listed somewhere on the site that I have missed that tells you what you need to buy in order to qualify for the "freebie" or is it an unadvertised bonus?

I have done a few PC Express pick ups which I am really liking. I usually pick up on Thursday but a couple of weeks ago I got a Saturday pick up. When I picked up on the Saturday I got a free BBQ pack with a bunch of condiments in it which was a lovely surprise! After reading some received hanging baskets this past weekend I'm wondering is this free bonus only when you pick up on a Saturday or a weekend? Is it listed somewhere on the site that I have missed that tells you what you need to buy in order to qualify for the "freebie" or is it an unadvertised bonus?
Totally random would be my guess. We always do Sunday pickup (to take advantage of the Thursday flyers), and I have received a couple of unexpected freebies, and a few gift cards for screwed up orders. We have twice now not received everything ordered. And once they forgot to remove the substitutions I refused. I also got an additional $10 code for answering the service survey online after the order (only one code, have answered 5 times, so again random).

My feeling is that some of the freebies are stock that may not be moving. We have received a couple of Fresh Meal type boxes (all ingredients pre-cut measured and packaged) for free, but both times had same day best before. Perhaps flowers were because they were overstocked for Mother's Day with not enough people buying in store. Must be murder trying to decide what demand might be for some items in current situation.

ALMOST every week there is a free item when you spend $225 or more. It’s as supplies last. The weekly flyer starts on Thursday so the further out from that day you pick up the higher the likelihood that they have run out.
The promo is shown on the first page of the flyer. If it’s not there, there isn’t one that week.

My feeling is that some of the freebies are stock that may not be moving. We have received a couple of Fresh Meal type boxes (all ingredients pre-cut measured and packaged) for free, but both times had same day best before. Perhaps flowers were because they were overstocked for Mother's Day with not enough people buying in store. Must be murder trying to decide what demand might be for some items in current situation.

It’s not stock....they are prepackaged promos that come from the suppliers. Each store will have a different amount allotted to them based on volume. The stores have the right to substitute for something else if they run out but they are not required to.

As to demand....it’s based on sales for the same time period the year before. Currently they are stocking stores with only the automated ordering system. The managers have the ability to manually adjust those orders but if they do they risk having the automated one cancelled and then receive nothing.

That's great to know! I haven't looked at flyers really just been adding what we needed into the cart. Who needs a shopping list when the app works great?! I wondered if price matching also works and saw the answer above so that's good to know as well. I'm really starting to like doing groceries once every two weeks and picking it up. I can see me continuing this even if they do bring back the $3 charge.

Also to note, spend is $225 pre-tax. My friend picked up Thurs but was short less and $2.00 pre-tax (would have been just fine if missing items had been available) and did not receive the free gift. Lately I've been adding a $25 gift card to my order if it's under about $250, allowing for out of stock items and hoping even with those to bump it over the $225 mark. So far it's always worked.

Here's a pic from this week's ad:

That's great to know! I haven't looked at flyers really just been adding what we needed into the cart. Who needs a shopping list when the app works great?! I wondered if price matching also works and saw the answer above so that's good to know as well. I'm really starting to like doing groceries once every two weeks and picking it up. I can see me continuing this even if they do bring back the $3 charge.

I've ordered grocery and paid 4$ for it to be prepared many times from IGA in the past, especially when DH was away for work. I always liked how we spend less than when going to the store because there are less 'That looks good!' moments. Right now, we don't because getting a time slot is very difficult and I prefer to leave them to people that really need them but I see myself going back to nine ordering when things calm down.

I’m not sure if others are finding the same but our store has many time slots open now. I forgot this week to secure my new time slot until 48 hours after they’d opened and sill secured my desired 10am Sat time slot.

wow. If I wanted to use the online shopping thingee I could have my choice of times for any store including tomorrow. Wonder what happened to make it appear so easy now? They can't all have hired a ton of employees for this 🤷‍♀️

I believe less people are using it and I know our store has hired/moved a lot more people to PC Express. I’ve picked up 4 orders and ask Ginny each order how things are going for them. She’s the supervisor of this area and shared these things with me.

Checked with my source on more time slots.
Reasons.....
Many new hires
Picking orders 24hrs
System expansion dropped back to an earlier level
Reduced demand

On the last item......I've noticed that shopping is now much more civilized. People are more aware of social distance and in store procedures. So perhaps a lot of people are now feeling more comfortable going to the store. Alternately, perhaps people are just fed up with not getting the items they want or getting items that are about to expire and have just given up on online ordering. I certainly hope that availability hangs around because there are a lot of people out there that have legitimate reasons to not go to the store and they have been left with no choice but to go.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter