paypals

mhirsch2001

Earning My Ears
Hi, hope someone can help me. My home resort is OKW and I have my 117 points up for rent. I've gotten some offers and they want to pay with "paypals". What aare they and how do they work. Thanks for your help. Patty

it is a payment service.
usually used for ebay, but, I have purchased stuff through it for other things.
www.paypal.com is your best bet for a good explaination.

I rented some points and paid with paypal.

The person renting asked me to add 2% to cover his paypal cost.

It was reasonable - and its a great way to make sure that you get your money

Paying by credit card does provide some security for a renter, since the card company can act on the renters behalf should something happen with the rental in some situations.

Paypal is a simple way to provide credit card acceptance and is quite safe.

Enjoy!

I don't think paying through paypal is the same as paying directly through a credit card and from what I've heard from others, doesn't give all of those protections that a credit card normally would. Overall though, it's still a good way to do it. Paypal does charge a fee to use credit cards.

Last October when I rented points I used PayPal to pay for the points. It was nice because I could use my credit card to pay the person.

Mike

I used paypal for an e-bay pin purchase a couple of months ago. It was very easy. I don't think I paid a fee, does the person who receives the money have to pay?

Originally posted by DebbieB
I used paypal for an e-bay pin purchase a couple of months ago. It was very easy. I don't think I paid a fee, does the person who receives the money have to pay?
If the person you're paying is set up to receive payments via credit card (whether you pay via credit card or use a bank account), they are charged a fee by Paypal. It's something like .30 per transaction plus 2% (I think it's 2% -- might be 2.something) of the amount.

That's why a lot of sellers say in their auction listings that they only accept Paypal payments that are *not* funded through a credit card. By not "upgrading" their accounts to receive cc payments, they avoid the fees that way. HTH! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter