Paying for Daily Mousekeeping

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the pricing if a room wanted to pay for daily housekeeping? We're traveling with family (each have their own studio room) and some don't like the idea of having to re-use their towels while on vacation... TIA!

Does anyone know the pricing if a room wanted to pay for daily housekeeping? We're traveling with family (each have their own studio room) and some don't like the idea of having to re-use their towels while on vacation... TIA!
Studio cleaning is $30 per day requested. However you can get towel service for $10 per day.

From the member website:
Laundry and Housekeeping Services

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.
With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:
  • Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins
  • Provide fresh bathroom linens
  • Replace bath amenities as needed
  • Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper
  • Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.
With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
  • Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.
For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.
Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:
  • Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested
  • 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested
  • 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested
  • 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested
Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):
  • Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
  • Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • 2 Bathrobes: $6
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

Before you spend the money, I need to tell you our experience. When we bought in to DVC, the biggest disadvantage was the lack of daily housekeeping...we thought. We were quite sure we'd pay the daily fee for housekeeping. Then our first trip came, and in all the excitement and planning, we forgot to request it. Know what? We loved that no one came into our villa. It added to the "home" feel. After all, no one comes into my house when I'm away and makes the beds. No one was more surprised by our reaction than we were, and now we often decline housekeeping at hotels (Grand Canyon and Big Bend national parks loved us). Maybe not your reaction, but ours.

Every now and then we may have to empty the trash ourselves but for the most part I agree. We usually don't miss the housekeeping at all.

Every now and then we may have to empty the trash ourselves but for the most part I agree. We usually don't miss the housekeeping at all.

Don’t they empty your garbage daily now? After the Vegas shooting incident, I recall they wanted to increase security by having someone visit your villa everyday, but they took out your garbage also.

Don’t they empty your garbage daily now? After the Vegas shooting incident, I recall they wanted to increase security by having someone visit your villa everyday, but they took out your garbage also.

Yes, they do a daily trash service. Which for me was always the bigger issue--running out of garbage bags rather than towels.

We always bring one set of towels per person from home. Each family member gets their own color so there isn't a mix up. We even do this when staying in larger rooms with washers and dryers because we go through a lot of towels in the Florida summer heat.

...and some don't like the idea of having to re-use their towels while on vacation...

I’ve replied on this topic from the opposite side in other forums where people wanted advice on declining housekeeping at the resorts to get the daily gift card.

We are tidy and it works just fine for us. However, I’ve given advice to keep housekeeping when someone mentioned (like it’s perfectly normal) that they expect to go through two towels a day per person.

I’ve always wondered about those guests and what their towel consumption must be at home.

I note that you use an interesting phrasing. You say “while on vacation.” So, maybe I am looking at it from the wrong lens.

Is it a particular treat for people to use more towels while on vacation?
Perhaps a similar mindset to not having to cook while away? It’s a treat of some kind?
Or, do your family members use that many towels per day at home too?

I’m not being critical. Just peeping in a window to see how others live differently than myself.

One thing to consider is you don't have to do it everyday. Do it every 2 days, depending on how long you are staying. Been a member almost 20 years, never did it.

Perhaps a similar mindset to not having to cook while away? It’s a treat of some kind?

We shower more often on vacation. If we come back from the park in the heat of the day to swim there's that towel (ours, but it counts for these purposes), then the shower. Then we shower before bed, so we don't have to shower in the am (there's a lot of us, so its a scheduling thing too). I can get by with one shower a day because I'm always cold, but DH takes 2 even if we don't swim.
ETA- I have a hair towel too. That needs time to dry in between, or I need a backup.

I have done the $6 a day towel service for guests and it was well worth it! I will admit, there were a few times when I didn't get charged. I even went to the front desk on check out morning to say it wasn't there and they said not to worry, consider it a little pixie dust from our stay!!!

I’ve replied on this topic from the opposite side in other forums where people wanted advice on declining housekeeping at the resorts to get the daily gift card.

We are tidy and it works just fine for us. However, I’ve given advice to keep housekeeping when someone mentioned (like it’s perfectly normal) that they expect to go through two towels a day per person.

I’ve always wondered about those guests and what their towel consumption must be at home.

I note that you use an interesting phrasing. You say “while on vacation.” So, maybe I am looking at it from the wrong lens.

I’m not being critical. Just peeping in a window to see how others live differently than myself.
Oh boy, I KNOW I have said these same words to my family! I really don't get it; at home they usually go through a towel a day per person. OK, even that, to me, is excessive (I mean, hang it up and re-use it for at least 3-4 days, what's the big deal?), but let's just say that's normal. On vacation? JEEBUS how does anyone use that many towels? We end up with a mountain of towels that I end up chasing all over the room and dumping into the bathroom on our way out the door EACH DAY!

Yeah, if you can figure it out, let me know.

When we first became Members we didn’t know what to expect without daily housekeeping. We came to love not having it, although there were occasions when we paid for it such as someone joining us mid trip and we wanted them to see a fresh room.
We are no longer Members, but in my mind I’m thinking I changed my mind and like daily housekeeping. There is something nice about coming back to a clean room with the bed made. No, we don’t make beds... ever. We leave the sheets in a tangled knot. Sometimes at night it takes a few minutes to sort out the sheets.

We make the bed every morning at home, except on Tuesdays when I wash the sheets. Then they get remade in the afternoon after I have taken them from the dryer. We do the same with DVC. If our son is in the sleeper sofa or sleeper chair, we close that up to use the living room, too. We wash the dishes when we use them and put them away after we have dried them. I don't remember using the vacuum many times, but we have once or twice. I have washed the towels a couple of times between towel replacement by the housekeepers.

Before you spend the money, I need to tell you our experience. When we bought in to DVC, the biggest disadvantage was the lack of daily housekeeping...we thought. We were quite sure we'd pay the daily fee for housekeeping. Then our first trip came, and in all the excitement and planning, we forgot to request it. Know what? We loved that no one came into our villa. It added to the "home" feel. After all, no one comes into my house when I'm away and makes the beds. No one was more surprised by our reaction than we were, and now we often decline housekeeping at hotels (Grand Canyon and Big Bend national parks loved us). Maybe not your reaction, but ours.

I'm with you on that - I don't need the mousekeeping! It's our family we're traveling with that is concerned about it. I just want to be able to present them with the information so they can make their own decision for their room!

Related question. If you stay in a two bedroom lockoff is it possible to only have the studio cleaned or would you have to pay for a cleaning for the entire two bedroom unit?

My problem has always been the lack of towel racks/hooks to dry the towels. I read recently that someone brings an over-the-door towel rack. I'm definitely going to look for one before my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!