Paying for Daily Mousekeeping

My problem has always been the lack of towel racks/hooks to dry the towels. I read recently that someone brings an over-the-door towel rack. I'm definitely going to look for one before my next trip.
We use our towels for several days. I use the hangers with clips to hang the towels. Just make sure that everyone knows which towel is his.

I often travel solo and I've always wondered what happens to the towels I leave folded on the shelf unopeded. If I have to guess I'd say they change them anyway, as the next guest wouldn't want to risk that I used them and folded them back. Is it pointless for me to reuse towels?

Just to tac on to my earlier post.... The DVC Villas used to. be classified as “Home Away From Home” resorts, not deluxe.

As far as housekeeping.... I may be in the minority but I do not want to feel like I’m home. I want to feel like I’m on vacation!!
I love the towels folded and the beds made. I want to feel like I’m in a hotel on vacation, not sitting in my house.

I understand most will disagree.

Back when OKW was new, we were staying in a studio. The tub drain upstairs from us had not been properly sealed (as I said, the building was new), and tub water rained down into our bathroom. Maintenance fixed the problem right away, thanked us for reporting the problem to avoid water damage to the building, bought us dinner at Olivia's and brought a ton for fresh towels since we used ours to contain the mess. That is the only time in all these years we've needed fresh towels, other than on the regularly scheduled service days.

Last edited:
I often travel solo and I've always wondered what happens to the towels I leave folded on the shelf unopeded. If I have to guess I'd say they change them anyway, as the next guest wouldn't want to risk that I used them and folded them back. Is it pointless for me to reuse towels?
When I travel solo, I usually don't reuse towels. There are plenty of them in the room. I don't mind reusing them, or tossing them in the washer, when I travel with a group.

Additional towels can now be requested for free.

Additional Amenity Requests
You’ll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. These amenities can also be replenished upon request at no additional charge:
  • Coffee Package: Includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
  • Towel Package: Includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
  • Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): Includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry
NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

Just to tac on to my earlier post.... The DVC Villas used to. be classified as “Home Away From Home” resorts, not deluxe.

As far as housekeeping.... I may be in the minority but I do not want to feel like I’m home. I want to feel like I’m on vacation!!
I love the towels folded and the beds made. I want to feel like I’m in a hotel on vacation, not sitting in my house.

I understand most will disagree.

My parents owned timeshares before we did, and towel service wasn’t provided in any of the resorts they owned or exchanged into. DVC was unique in providing any kind of housekeeping services during a stay. I think that and the increasing numbers of DVC members who bought to stay only in studios has led to DVC becoming sort of a hotel/timeshare hybrid. Having so many restaurants readily available contributed to the metamorphosis — a kitchen isn’t needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter