Paying Dues

Is the only way to pay yearly dues through a check or can you put them on a credit card?
If you pay them in a lump sum, you may use a credit card or Disney gift card or Disney Visa rewards card or a check or a combination of those.

The only way to set up monthly payments is via a domestic checking account, with monthly debits.

If you pay it with your Disney Credit card do you have the 6 months to pay off the dues?
Thanks
Dues don't qualify for the 0% interest. You will earn Disney Reward Dollars (1% for standard card, 2% for premier card).

If you pay them in a lump sum, you may use a credit card or Disney gift card or Disney Visa rewards card or a check or a combination of those.

The only way to set up monthly payments is via a domestic checking account, with monthly debits.
I have mine set up on monthly payments with my checking account, but I pay each month before the due date with a Disney GC. Nothing ever comes out of my checking. I get the GCs from Kroger with my Chase Freedom and a 4x Fuel Points coupon. I have already bought enough GCs for January-March. Then in April when Chase Freedom has 5% back on groceries, I buy the rest of the GCs and pay off the rest of the year. With the 5% cashback and the 4x Fuel Points, I save 19%.

ETA: So this reminded me to go ahead and pay before the 15th. I went in and paid three months worth of dues with the GC I purchased last year. It moved my next due date back to April. In April, I will purchase a GC with the remaining amount and pay my balance before April 15.

Last edited:
I have mine set up on monthly payments with my checking account, but I pay each month before the due date with a Disney GC. Nothing ever comes out of my checking. I get the GCs from Kroger with my Chase Freedom and a 4x Fuel Points coupon. I have already bought enough GCs for January-March. Then in April when Chase Freedom has 5% back on groceries, I buy the rest of the GCs and pay off the rest of the year. With the 5% cashback and the 4x Fuel Points, I save 19%.

ETA: So this reminded me to go ahead and pay before the 15th. I went in and paid three months worth of dues with the GC I purchased last year. It moved my next due date back to April. In April, I will purchase a GC with the remaining amount and pay my balance before April 15.

I didn't realize that it was possible to pay via gc prior to the withdrawal date of an auto pay. I just set up my account to do the monthly payments on the 15th. It says it takes 5 days to set up my account for auto pay. Since it is pending, I cant see if there is a way to pay earlier. When you make your payments via gift card, do you pay on the dvc website or do you call up.

I didn't realize that it was possible to pay via gc prior to the withdrawal date of an auto pay. I just set up my account to do the monthly payments on the 15th. It says it takes 5 days to set up my account for auto pay. Since it is pending, I cant see if there is a way to pay earlier. When you make your payments via gift card, do you pay on the dvc website or do you call up.
I pay on the DVC website. Go to Annual Dues, click Pay Balance, then choose Pay by Contract. You will have the option to Pay Balance, Pay Other Amount, or Do Not Pay. I choose Pay Other Amount and enter the amount for however many months' worth I want to pay. After you submit, you should see your due date move back. It is super convenient! I like having it set up on auto-pay though because I don't want to pay it all upfront in January, and I like having that extra protection in case I forget to make a payment before the 15th.

I pay on the DVC website. Go to Annual Dues, click Pay Balance, then choose Pay by Contract. You will have the option to Pay Balance, Pay Other Amount, or Do Not Pay. I choose Pay Other Amount and enter the amount for however many months' worth I want to pay. After you submit, you should see your due date move back. It is super convenient! I like having it set up on auto-pay though because I don't want to pay it all upfront in January, and I like having that extra protection in case I forget to make a payment before the 15th.

I concur with the PPs. Our payments are set for automatic withdraw from the checking account but I pay with the Disney GC prior to the 15th of the month.. I watch for discounts on GCs all year. My discounts run from 12% to 17% when including what I get from using the best CC rewards or fuel points. And @DisneyStarWisher is spot on for the method of paying with the GC prior to the due date. It's tricky the first time (called DVC and the CM walked me through it).

I did use my Disney credit card to buy 30 BLT points direct(to get a blue DVC card) and had the 0% interest free for 6 months. But dues are not eligible.

Wow. That totally worked! If it was you that I doubted the other day/week on this or another thread, I apologize.

Alas right now I don't have a rewards card, but fuel rewards aren't bad! Better than nothing.

For practical purposes, is there any penalty for waiting to pay on February 15, when penalties occur, over January 15, when it is due?

For practical purposes, is there any penalty for waiting to pay on February 15, when penalties occur, over January 15, when it is due?
To avoid any late fees and interest, you must pay on or before 2/14.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!