Pay as you go phone question

mardonna

Mouseketeer
I have LG phones that I purchased in 2010 for our last trip to Europe....we had Virgin Mobile sim cards that were top off...which we never had to do.....I turned on my phones today and they seem to be in working order....although I can't check because I'm in US....but when I went register the sims card with Virgin...the site said phone didn't exist........is this because they are cancelled due to lack of use......? Should I just purchase 2 new sim cards? We are going to paris this time so would it be best for us to purchase French sim cards....they will mainly be used for texting between my husband and myself.....

any help would be great.

Marlo

I have LG phones that I purchased in 2010 for our last trip to Europe....we had Virgin Mobile sim cards that were top off...which we never had to do.....I turned on my phones today and they seem to be in working order....although I can't check because I'm in US....but when I went register the sims card with Virgin...the site said phone didn't exist........is this because they are cancelled due to lack of use......? Should I just purchase 2 new sim cards? We are going to paris this time so would it be best for us to purchase French sim cards....they will mainly be used for texting between my husband and myself.....

any help would be great.

Marlo

European SIMs do get cancelled and deleted for lack of use. Especially after 2 years. I'd get more sims - They aren't expensive. You can buy PAYG sims in the UK for £1 each although you usually have to pay £10 to activate them.

Where are you travelling to (which country). If it's the UK you can pretty much buy these from corner shops and petrol stations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!