Passporter forums/book?

Dan Murphy

We are family.
I haven't looked at the Passporter website for quite some time. I had purchased their guide book a few times (very nice format) back about 20 years ago and checked their forums once in a while

For whatever reason, I don't know, just thought of them and went to see what was new, if anything.

I just got errors. Jennifer and Dave always seemed very nice.

Anybody know if they're gone?

I bought their books an enjoyed their forum as well but hadn’t been to their site in quite sometime while it is sad it is a sign of the times.

I also went to the passporter site recently and was disappointed to see it gone. As much as I loved their books (and even planned my Disney Wedding utilizing their Disney Weddings information exhaustively) for my trips this year- I used other sites including Disney’s own MDE and planning tools. I guess that as tech and info evolve, consumer interest will shift. You can tell that their heart and soul were in those guides and I’m glad I still have my online edition to edit. If they didn’t see enough interest though, I guess it would be time to move on.

I also went to the passporter site recently and was disappointed to see it gone. As much as I loved their books (and even planned my Disney Wedding utilizing their Disney Weddings information exhaustively) for my trips this year- I used other sites including Disney’s own MDE and planning tools. I guess that as tech and info evolve, consumer interest will shift. You can tell that their heart and soul were in those guides and I’m glad I still have my online edition to edit. If they didn’t see enough interest though, I guess it would be time to move on.

Carrie still has her wedding guide (I can't remember the site to order it but I know the link is on her disneytravelbabble.com site. She's also hosted a podcast based on the book - and the wedding board here - for several years.

I was very active on their site back in the early 2000's and even moderated the DVC thread. It really tanked when facebook became popular.

I had been trying to figure out where they had gone. We had just found we are going to be visiting Disney World next June and that was the first place I went to get up to speed. It's been 11 years since our last visit. (I have so much new stuff to learn.) I loved being on the forums. I'm glad to be back here though too.

I'm late to realizing that the PassPorter guides are no more, so thanks for posting this, Dan! I didn't use their WDW guides, but I still have the last (I think) edittion of their Disney Cruise Line book (12th edition 2014).

I purchased a Passporter in 2001 and then decided to purchase the two previous versions. I then went to the deluxe and just bought inserts for each year. When I heard they were going to stop producing the printed version, I just had to find and buy what editions I did not have. Now I have every edition they printed. I loved using it for each trip. If we had more than one trip in a year, I would purchase extra pockets. When I took a year out of the binder, I would tie it off through the punched holes to keep it together. I didn't realize they had shut down the forums. So sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter